What is My Little Pony?

I see a lot of people mentioning "My Little Pony" and they have its fan art/screenshots/whatever in their avatars and signatures. What is "My Little Pony"? I tried Youtube but all I can see is some cartoon for kids. Is there like an adult version of it, something like "Family guy", or why exactly do people watch this?

What am I missing?

10+ Year Old Account
    A children's cartoon that some people like just a little too much. If you haven't watched toddler shows since you were a toddler, you wouldn't be interested in my little pony.

Might I suggest you look up the man known as CR on Thatguywiththeglasses.com. He made some extremely informative videos regarding My Little Pony.

thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/cr/ff/32418-episode-57-my-little-pony-retrospective-part-1 - His retrospective on generation 1-3.5

thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/cr/ff/32594-episode-58-my-little-pony-retrospective-g4 - His perspectiv on the current generation of ponies.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." - Sherlock Holmes
    Cake or Death?
    FEAR TEH DOPEFISH!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a well written kids show that is able to appeal to the 18-25 demographic, male/female. I've watched some episodes, found it enjoyable, check it out if you're bored.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

you cant really understand it until you watch, to protect your street cred, i would suggest watching it with your girlfriend or some other female friend

it is pretty entertaining light hearted fun though and some of the art/expressions in use are genious. i honestly didn't expect to like and was highly sceptical about it, but i watched it with my GF and actually lol'd quite a lot.

if you like disney/pixar animation, give it a go, you might like it, if you dont, you've at least found out what it was
    <insert witty signature here>