10+ Year Old Account

Having problems with browser

I'm pretty much a firefox person, always used firefox and until now it hasn't given me any problems, about 2 weeks ago it started where youtube videos just wouldn't load properly, that was the first symptom, and by not properly I mean not at all really, I could watch it but the grey bar that is supposed to slowly load to show you how much you've loaded wouldn't appear, so it would only load as it played and kept stopping, and when the video finished I couldn't just hit play to start it again, I had to drag the bar back and none of the video would remember loading.

Anyway about a week ago, that problem stopped, the grey bars back (I did nothing to stop it, it just stopped) however now, every so often firefox just stops, I don't get a (not responding) or anything its just any window I had loading or any new window I try to load stops, and just has a never ending spinny circle to show its trying to load, and any video I am loading stops where it has already loaded too.

I switched to Internet explorer 64 bit and that seems to work fine, no problems at all, but I don't really like it for 2 reason 1. all posts on MMO-Champion show up with a scroll bar going left to right, and up and down depending on the size, so the last 1-2 letters of each line are cut off. and 2. when I go to click on my tab at the bottom, instead of just opening it to the window I had it on it comes up with a small picture of each window and I have to click the one I want (If i have multiple tabs open)

I've ran a full system scan using Nortan and all It found was tracking cookies, problem persists. I'm using firefox right now because the problems not always there, but if I have 3+tabs open it will probably start. (although sometimes it just hits me with 1 tab open)

I'm using Windows 7 Home premium 64-bit and have everything on my computer (fire fox and IE included) loaded on an SSD.

Install Chrome, then import your bookmarks and never use another browser again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by k0smo View Post
    Install Chrome, then import your bookmarks and never use another browser again!
    I was considering trying out another browser, I'll definitely give chrome a try if I have to, but I'm so used to firefox I was hoping there was a way I could just get it back to what it was 2 weeks ago.

EDIT: If I uninstall firefox then fresh reinstall it, could that potentially fix the problem?

1. Get Chrome.
    2. Uninstall Norton.
    3. Be happy.

---------- Post added 2011-10-28 at 10:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    EDIT: If I uninstall firefox then fresh reinstall it, could that potentially fix the problem?
    It could fix it, and it could not fix it. Without knowing too many more details your problem could be caused by everything from a bad firefox addon to outdated flash version.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    1) Update to the latest version of Firefox
    2) Update Adobe Flash
    3) Disable any outdated addons within Firefox

I use Opera and i love the new system they did with the mouse so you can close and move between tabs by right click and move down, up or the sides.

also all my icons is my favorite site and the fast speed when going into a site.