Thread: The UFC Thread

Saturday night is UFC 207. By appearances it looks like it sucks. Anyone got an opinion on whether it'll be entertaining?

http://m.ufc.com/event/UFC-216

so like, did shevchenko fight nunes yet?

i don't really keep up all that much, i just happen to catch fights on randomly every other weekend or so...

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    so like, did shevchenko fight nunes yet?

i don't really keep up all that much, i just happen to catch fights on randomly every other weekend or so...
    Yes. Nunes won a really shady split decision.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yes. Nunes won a really shady split decision.
    dammit. oh well, shevchenko will continue to be my favorite female fighter.

i swear, she's built more like a strongman dude than a woman.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Saturday night is UFC 207. By appearances it looks like it sucks. Anyone got an opinion on whether it'll be entertaining?

http://m.ufc.com/event/UFC-216
    main event is good, other fights have potential to be solid or really bad imo

I just turned a stream of the main card on in a tab on Chrome but I was sort of watching a movie on another tab and I sorta have work to do so....

- - - Updated - - -

These skinny people at flyweight are fighting now. Zzz they look tiny lol.

- - - Updated - - -

This guys name is Mighty Mouse lol.

The fucking women security guards are bigger and look like they wouldn't lose in a fight to these guys.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure that 60% of the world, by age 13, weigh more than these guys. Because of obesity and all.

I can make these jokes all night. The strikes look so weak and non impactful. Even the grappling looks weak. There's literally like no weight on these guys to keep one on top of the other...

10+ Year Old Account
    Mighty Mouse is the highest ranked pound for pound fighter :P
    http://www.ufc.com/rankings?id=

Bullshit card. Mighty Mouse is a great fighter, but cant put butts in seats. This card looks boring AF. 1/10 would stream

UFC is a joke now,

Is anyone seriously interested in Bisping vs GSP? The guy gets lost in his own living room. Should not be back in the ring with the amount of head trauma hes gotten but the PPV will be huuuge!

fuck ufc.

No glove touch. Ferguson vs. Lee.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm rooting for Lee.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow that was exciting. Lee should've finished it when he was on top of him. He had plenty of time but he paused too much to catch his breath.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow that was exciting. Lee should've finished it when he was on top of him. He had plenty of time but he paused too much to catch his breath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Borg looked surprisingly good, just not well rounded. MM has turned into a dick, so I was hoping he would lose. Surprised to see two draws on one card. Don't think people liked that very much...those fights were pretty great though.
    BAD WOLF

Ferguson won.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should be a lesson to all top LWs, you can't fight in the top 5 without having fantastic cardio. The only exception is Mcgregor who just sleeps people before he gasses out. But we've all seen what happens when he does gas out...

15+ Year Old Account
    lee is such a collosal piece of shit throwing 2 blatant shots after the bell after the first seriously wish tony would have sunk the arm bar in and snapped his arm
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    lee is such a collosal piece of shit throwing 2 blatant shots after the bell after the first seriously wish tony would have sunk the arm bar in and snapped his arm
    Speaking of snapped arms...man, Borg looked like his was about to get broken off. He had one good roll that almost made it out. Kinda wanted to see it happen b/c it would have made an even more amazing fight.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of snapped arms...man, Borg looked like his was about to get broken off. He had one good roll that almost made it out. Kinda wanted to see it happen b/c it would have made an even more amazing fight.
    that takes balls to hang in an arm bar thats that sunk in he's clearly the future of the division
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    How many more victories for Mighty Mouse before he retires? Because he is entering the Anderson Silva area. Where he has beat everyone, but isn't as reckless as Silva.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    How many more victories for Mighty Mouse before he retires? Because he is entering the Anderson Silva area. Where he has beat everyone, but isn't as reckless as Silva.
    Dana will probably bully him into moving up in weight. And really, he should. I think he needs to go up at least two weight classes. People want to talk about being the GOAT, but then can't prove it. Compare that to Conor who fights across like 3 weight classes and just dgaf. Mighty Mouse needs to do that.
    BAD WOLF

Dana will probably bully him into moving up in weight. And really, he should. I think he needs to go up at least two weight classes. People want to talk about being the GOAT, but then can't prove it. Compare that to Conor who fights across like 3 weight classes and just dgaf. Mighty Mouse needs to do that.
    You're trying to tell me that skinny short guy can put on weight and be effective? I don't think so personally. Not two weight classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You're trying to tell me that skinny short guy can put on weight and be effective? I don't think so personally. Not two weight classes.
    No, I think he would get wrecked. Which is the point. He wants to now have an ego and a chip on his shoulder...and I mean, he's right...he's fucking fantastic at weight. But until he proves he can fight outside of his very narrow scope, he's not the GOAT that he and lots of people want to claim he is.
    BAD WOLF