Thread: The UFC Thread

2 fights in a row where Jung is a sizable underdog, and in both fights Jung finishes his opponents! I love it! War Korean Zombie!

10+ Year Old Account
    That was a fucking fantastic fight!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunt is removed from UFC 146 card due to undisclosed injuries, replacement will be Lavar Johnson.

FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK!

This card is beyond fucked up now. It's basically seems like whatever random HW that is available to fight on that card is on it. At least Lavar is exciting to watch and this will be another W for him. I was really excited for the original match ups but these current ones will still be very good.

Seeing that Hunt won't be on this card (and that JDS and Overeem won't fight) really ruined it for me. Like I said though, these fights will still be good and I am still excited for this all HW main card.
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2012-05-17 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Hunt is removed from UFC 146 card due to undisclosed injuries, replacement will be Lavar Johnson.

FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK!

This card is beyond fucked up now. It's basically seems like whatever random HW that is available to fight on that card is on it. At least Lavar is exciting to watch and this will be another W for him. I was really excited for the original match ups but these current ones will still be very good.

Seeing that Hunt won't be on this card (and that JDS and Overeem won't fight) really ruined it for me. Like I said though, these fights will still be good and I am still excited for this all HW main card.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This card is cursed. My interest for this card has gone from a 10, to a 7 and now to about a 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll still watch the PPV but I'm not even close to excited for it as I was. It seems to me that things like this are happening all the time this year, even schedules and locations for PPV's are getting all fucked up this year. For the rest of the year Dana just needs to say "We're gonna have some people fight on this card and stuff but we don't know who or when, but we will have some fights." Seems like every other day someone has to pull out of a fight or the UFC has to change the location of the fight or that they have to cancel an event or change the date of the fight.

Hard to keep track of what the hell is going on sometimes but as long as we get some good match ups I'm happy.

I'll still watch the PPV but I'm not even close to excited for it as I was. It seems to me that things like this are happening all the time this year, even schedules and locations for PPV's are getting all fucked up this year. For the rest of the year Dana just needs to say "We're gonna have some people fight on this card and stuff but we don't know who or when, but we will have some fights." Seems like every other day someone has to pull out of a fight or the UFC has to change the location of the fight or that they have to cancel an event or change the date of the fight.

Hard to keep track of what the hell is going on sometimes but as long as we get some good match ups I'm happy.
    Now all the sudden I find myself routing for Struve. He -should- be able to do what Barry should have done...but for some reason had a brain fart while in the middle of doing it, and that is take Johnson down and sub his ass. But, we all know Struve likes to stand and bang, at least during the first round...for whatever dumbassed reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Now all the sudden I find myself routing for Struve. He -should- be able to do what Barry should have done...but for some reason had a brain fart while in the middle of doing it, and that is take Johnson down and sub his ass. But, we all know Struve likes to stand and bang, at least during the first round...for whatever dumbassed reason.
    If Struve would learn how to use his reach advantage properly he, as you said, should have little problem submitting Johnson. I see it going like this: Struve doesn't fully utilize his height and reach advantage, Johnson gets a some good hits on Struve, Struve gets rocked, Johnson swarms and finishes the fight with a KO (probably uppercut). The fight could just as easily end with Struve getting the submission win. Either Struve via Sub or Johnson via KO.

According to TMZ, Bones was arrested for DUI after totaling his Bentley. That poor, poor car.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just woke up and saw that all over the mma websites. I doubt anything will happen to Jones but I bet Dana isn't to happy about this. Seeing how this happened in NY I bet this will be used against the UFC and mma when trying again to legalize mma in NY next year.

This gives me a perfect opportunity to hate on Jon Jones but I'm gonna take the high road on this one. In all honesty, I do hope he learns from this experience and uses it to better himself as a person in the future.

I wonder if that crash popped his bloated head? Sorry, no more. I promise.
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2012-05-19 at 07:34 PM.

Just woke up and saw that all over the mma websites. I doubt anything will happen to Jones but I bet Dana isn't to happy about this. Seeing how this happened in NY I bet this will be used against the UFC and mma when trying again to legalize mma in NY next year.

This gives me a perfect opportunity to hate on Jon Jones but I'm gonna take the high road on this one. In all honesty, I do hope he learns from this experience and uses it to better himself as a person in the future.

I wonder if that crash popped his bloated head? Sorry, no more. I promise.
    It'll tarnish him, at the very least in the eyes of his current or potential sponsors go. I'll wager he can say goodbye to Bud Light, and the possibility of being sponsored by Nike, and I'm interested in how this might affect his UFC sponsorship.

At least he didn't hurt anyone wrecking that car. With that kind of money who would willingly drive themselves around if they're going out to get drunk?

From what I'm reading the Sheriff isn't releasing whether or not there were any passengers, and in the same report Jones had "minor injuries".
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-05-19 at 09:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, I forgot about Bud Light. They are gonna be pissed.

Yea, no kidding. If you can afford to drive a fucking Bentley then you sure as shit can afford a limo or a cab or something. Hell why didn't he have a DD to start with? Did he want to show off his fame, money, and spendy car to people? He may be the #1 LHW in the world but he should not believe that he is above taking a cab or something. He should have known better. If your gonna go out drinking make sure you have a DD or take a cab, don't drive your expensive car. On top of that he needs to be the good role model that the UFC and he himself are making him out to be.

He is extremely lucky that nobody was killed or injured in the accident. He could have easily run over some pedestrians and ruined the life of someone and their family.

Dana's excuse: "Everybody makes mistakes." I think JDS should be the UFC poster boy or whatever you want to call it, he is older, more mature, humble, and a good role model for the younger people who watch UFC and MMA. Jones is still very young and has a lot of growing up to do.

I am very interested to find out what the full story is behind this situation.

---------- Post added 2012-05-19 at 04:04 PM ----------

"I’m glad the UFC wanted to work with me, as well. I think they trust that I will never make them look bad. You never have to worry about me getting a DWI or doing something crazy. I think I’m a good company guy."

- Jon Jones (April, 2012)

My sides. They can't handle it. Too. Fucking. Funny.

http://i46.tinypic.com/6yf8eh.gif

Hahahahahahaha!!! That gif and picture are amazing!

Where did you find those?
    Just my usual lurking of MMA sites and forums.

Jones released a "apology"...if you want to call it that? All I can say is the guy needs a publicist, badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jones calls critics "sickening". No Jones, what's sickening is that you chose to drink and drive (putting your life and other peoples lives in danger) instead of calling a taxi or having a DD. Yes, everyone makes mistakes but you're a champion and people look up to you as a role model. Grow the fuck up and stop acting like a holier than thou spoiled child.

It's frustrating to me to watch such a talented and great fighter act like Jones does. At least Sonnen can be funny.

Moving on

Anyone got predictions for UFC 146 main card?

Had to post this pic.

Last edited by pOO flinger; 2012-05-24 at 05:41 AM.

Anyone got predictions for UFC 146 main card?
    This is one of those cards that has the potential for a lot of finishes, but watch most of them go to decisions. lol

Junior Dos Santos vs. Frank Mir - JDS via TKO, 2nd round

Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio Silva - Velasquez via Unanimous Decision

Roy Nelson vs. Dave Herman - Herman via Unanimous Decision (this is a toughie, cuz, Herman admits he doesn't train BJJ, but Nelson doesn't seem to try and take guys down...)

Shane Del Rosario vs. Stipe Miocic - Miocic via KO in the 1st (I'll admit, I flipped a coin on this one. I'll be very surprised it goes all 3 rounds.)

Stefan Struve vs. Lavar Johnson - Struve via Sub 2nd round

Diego Brandao vs. Darren Elkins - Elkins via Unanimous Dec

Jamie Varner vs. Edson Barboza - Barboza via Split Decision

C.B. Dollaway vs. Jason Miller - Miller via sub, 2nd round (I hope. CB Dollaway has failed to impress, not that Miller set a gold standard via Bisbing, but I know Miller can do better than that.)

Dan Hardy vs. Duane Ludwig - Ludwig via TKO, 2nd round

Paul Sass vs. Jacob Volkmann - Sass via Sub, 2nd round (hard one to call, most of both these guys victories are subs but Sass seems to have the wider sub arsenal)

Kyle Kingsbury vs. Glover Teixeira - Kingsbury via TKO, 3rd round

Mike Brown vs. Daniel Pineda - Brown via UD
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-05-24 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what I think.

JDS vs Mir - JDS via late first round KO

Velasquez vs Silva - Cain via 3rd round TKO

Nelson vs Herman - I'm not sure how to call this one but I'll go with Herman via unanimous decision

Del Rosario vs Miocic - I'm with you on Miocic via first round KO

Johnson vs Struve - I'm going to be the minority and say Johnson via KO 2nd round. I am aware of how insanely bad Lavar's ground game is and that Struve's is good, but I don't think that Struve is going to fully utilize his height and reach advantage allowing Lavar to lay his hands on Struve's chin and KO him. I'm not going to say that Struve's chin is glass but I don't believe it's strong enough to withstand a halfway decent hit from Lavar. 4/5 of Struve's losses have come via KO/TKO. Not to mention that he has been rocked pretty hard by guys with less power than Johnson. I could very well be wrong and Struve will pull off a submission which would be my second choice.

This is what I think.

JDS vs Mir - JDS via late first round KO

Velasquez vs Silva - Cain via 3rd round TKO

Nelson vs Herman - I'm not sure how to call this one but I'll go with Herman via unanimous decision

Del Rosario vs Miocic - I'm with you on Miocic via first round KO

Johnson vs Struve - I'm going to be the minority and say Johnson via KO 2nd round. I am aware of how insanely bad Lavar's ground game is and that Struve's is good, but I don't think that Struve is going to fully utilize his height and reach advantage allowing Lavar to lay his hands on Struve's chin and KO him. I'm not going to say that Struve's chin is glass but I don't believe it's strong enough to withstand a halfway decent hit from Lavar. 4/5 of Struve's losses have come via KO/TKO. Not to mention that he has been rocked pretty hard by guys with less power than Johnson. I could very well be wrong and Struve will pull off a submission which would be my second choice.
    I can see your reasoning, and it's certainly something I considered, but Struve has also weathered a few storms and come back with wins out of no where, so, I really dunno how to call it. The kid is resilient. Resilient enough to withstand Lavar's bombs? Probably not. Resilient enough for enough time to elapse and Lavar gas himself out? Probably. I guess what I'm trying to say is I have more faith Lavar will wear himself out and hand Struve a win than I have Struve fighting a smart fight. But, ya know, been wrong before. Neither of these guys sniff top 10 status anyways, imo, but I think Struve is closer to legit gatekeeper status than Johnson. I hope that somewhat makes sense? /shrugs

I hope Cain smashes Bigfoot. Like, utterly destroys him. I just read an article about how he blames losing to Cormier on not being motivated. Right. He was in position to win the whole HW GP and make a stake for himself for future title shots, and top 5 status, and that wasn't motivation enough to be prepared to fight Cormier? Sour grapes.

In other news, and this is a real shocker, Anthony Johnson misses weight by 10 motherfucking pounds in his debut fight for Titan. El-oh-el.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-05-25 at 02:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see your reasoning, and it's certainly something I considered, but Struve has also weathered a few storms and come back with wins out of no where, so, I really dunno how to call it. The kid is resilient. Resilient enough to withstand Lavar's bombs? Probably not. Resilient enough for enough time to elapse and Lavar gas himself out? Probably. I guess what I'm trying to say is I have more faith Lavar will wear himself out and hand Struve a win than I have Struve fighting a smart fight. But, ya know, been wrong before. Neither of these guys sniff top 10 status anyways, imo, but I think Struve is closer to legit gatekeeper status than Johnson. I hope that somewhat makes sense? /shrugs

I hope Cain smashes Bigfoot. Like, utterly destroys him. I just read an article about how he blames losing to Cormier on not being motivated. Right. He was in position to win the whole HW GP and make a stake for himself for future title shots, and top 5 status, and that wasn't motivation enough to be prepared to fight Cormier? Sour grapes.

In other news, and this is a real shocker, Anthony Johnson misses weight by 10 motherfucking pounds in his debut fight for Titan. El-oh-el.
    You bring up a good point. Struve has weathered through some pretty nasty beatings in some of his fights and came out with a win. This could go the same way that Lesnar vs Carwin went. Struve weathers Lavar's barrage of bombs having Lavar gas out then get submitted by Struve in the second or third round. Though I very easily could be wrong, I stand by my original prediction

Bigfoot annoys me so I am praying that Cain knocks him the fuck out. Considering that Cain and Cormier are training partners and that I think that Cain has better standup than Cormier, I believe that Cain has an excellent chance of beating Bigfoot.

10 pounds?? AJ is a such a disgrace. He absolutely deserved to be released from the UFC and doesn't deserve a chance to come back. What a joke that dude is haha.

Damnit Mayhem, Dolloway falls over if you stare at him hard enough...the dude has no chin. So disappointed. Mayhem's jitz is usually so much better than that...I think his knee really was trashed. Hope he doesn't get cut.

And wow...good job Varner.

Wow...dat ear. Gnarly.

Cain just MURDERED Bigfoot. I'm so happy.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-05-27 at 03:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cain just MURDERED Bigfoot. I'm so happy.
    ya he just totally dominated the sh*t out of him.