Thread: The UFC Thread

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
25
33
... LastLast
  1. #441
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Former UFC champ Frank Mir books Strikeforce fight vs. Daniel Cormier

    I am very excited for this fight. Interesting matchup and it's really cool to see a UFC fighter crossover to Strikeforce for a fight. I think Cormier TKO's Mir.
    I agree. Cormier's standup is pretty sharp and there is no way Mir gets this to the ground unless Cormier wants it do go there (slamming Mir on his head). I wish they'd bring him over to UFC already. Hopefully he doesn't jack his hand again putting Mir out.

    According to Ceasar Gracie (so take with a grain of salt) Nick Diaz wants to come back and fight Anderson Silva. Doesn't make sense to me, but fuck it, I'd love to see it! Nick only gives up a couple inches in reach and I think his punches in bunches, accuracy, cardio and iron chin gives Anderson fits and if it goes to the gound at all I give Nick the edge in grappling.

  2. #442
    Mechagnome pOO flinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    I agree. Cormier's standup is pretty sharp and there is no way Mir gets this to the ground unless Cormier wants it do go there (slamming Mir on his head). I wish they'd bring him over to UFC already. Hopefully he doesn't jack his hand again putting Mir out.

    According to Ceasar Gracie (so take with a grain of salt) Nick Diaz wants to come back and fight Anderson Silva. Doesn't make sense to me, but fuck it, I'd love to see it! Nick only gives up a couple inches in reach and I think his punches in bunches, accuracy, cardio and iron chin gives Anderson fits and if it goes to the gound at all I give Nick the edge in grappling.
    I'd like to see all Strikeforce HW's brought over to UFC after that fight. I think Mir's chances would be better if he were to diet and drop down to like 245, even if he did I would still say Cormier via TKO, but at least Mir's chances would be better.

    I laughed when Caesar said he wanted Nick to fight Anderson only because I don't think UFC would ever make that fight. I would absolutely watch that fight if it were made and think it would actually be quite entertaining.

  3. #443
    nick diaz vs anderson silva dammmn this would be awsome. Havent thought about that ever

  4. #444

  5. #445
    Mechagnome pOO flinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by 6FeetDeep View Post
    nick diaz vs anderson silva dammmn this would be awsome. Havent thought about that ever
    I would definitely watch that fight, I don't think the UFC would make that fight though.

    Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    That's a good idea by Dana. Give fighters an incentive to fight their asses off, put on a great show for the fans and earn a title shot in doing so.

  6. #446
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    I would definitely watch that fight, I don't think the UFC would make that fight though.


    That's a good idea by Dana. Give fighters an incentive to fight their asses off, put on a great show for the fans and earn a title shot in doing so.
    Really the only one who deserves a title shot out of those bunch is Bader if he gets by Machida. I think I've established that I'm a fan of rematches (just not immediate ones) as they build legacies but Shogun lost his last fight, Vera has looked like stink for the past 3 or so years, and Machida literally just got choked unconscious by Bones. Did Zuffa absorb some of Strikeforce's match making policies when they bought them out (looking at you, whoever gave Rogers a HW title shot after losing to Fedor, coupled with not forcing Overreem to defend for 2 whole freakin years)?

  7. #447
    Mechagnome pOO flinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Really the only one who deserves a title shot out of those bunch is Bader if he gets by Machida. I think I've established that I'm a fan of rematches (just not immediate ones) as they build legacies but Shogun lost his last fight, Vera has looked like stink for the past 3 or so years, and Machida literally just got choked unconscious by Bones. Did Zuffa absorb some of Strikeforce's match making policies when they bought them out (looking at you, whoever gave Rogers a HW title shot after losing to Fedor, coupled with not forcing Overreem to defend for 2 whole freakin years)?
    Let's not forget that Hendo and Jones have a fight in September and there is the possibility that Hendo wins. I wouldn't mind seeing Machida vs Hendo or Bader vs Hendo. I don't however find a rematch between Shogun and Hendo interesting this soon after their first fight.

    I think it's too early for Machida or Shogun to rematch Jones. As you said, Bader is the most deserving out of the 4 for a title shot, though in general I don't think he is deserving of the title shot quite yet. I honestly think it's too damn early for anyone to get a title shot just yet, but that is if Jones wins. If Hendo wins then Machida or Bader would be interesting fights.

    It's a bit of an odd situation (in my mind), If Hendo wins then a match with Machida or Bader would be cool (in my eyes) but most likely Jones would get an immediate rematch which would be lame. If Jones wins then none of the 4 guys mentioned for a title shot would be interesting. This is just my take on the situation.

  8. #448
    Mechagnome pOO flinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    586
    This has got to be one of the greatest things I have ever read. http://www.cagepotato.com/cagepotato...mma-fighter/2/

  9. #449
    I guess im still the one of the few that thinks that if Machida didn't get caught in the choke, the fight (and belt) would be his.

  10. #450
    Mechagnome pOO flinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    586
    Out of all the people who have fought Jones, Machida easily had the best chance to beat Jones. I would like to see Machida have a rematch with Jones (if Hendo loses) but I would like for Machida to have one more fight (after Bader) before a shot at Jones, that is unless Machida beats Bader in very impressive fashion.

  11. #451
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    This has got to be one of the greatest things I have ever read. http://www.cagepotato.com/cagepotato...mma-fighter/2/
    Lol the Bas Rutten stuff was hilarious.
    Ain't no chuch when you're living in the wild

  12. #452
    Mechagnome pOO flinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaBigBird View Post
    Lol the Bas Rutten stuff was hilarious.
    I would love to get a chance to hang out with Bas, that guy is hilarious.

  13. #453
    Such a beastly fight between Lauzon and Varner right now!

  14. #454
    Let's hope the main card doesn't disappoint. Go Machida and Shogun!

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 03:08 AM ----------

    Bam! Forearm/elbow knockout by Machida!

  15. #455
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,736
    Words cannot explain how good these fights were. That Swick fight was awesome.

  16. #456
    This was great for the ufc, didnt really like the machida fight, the boo's from the crowd are exactly how i felt, too much dancing. I felt bader got sloppy when he tried to push in to hard after the boo's. A tough position for him, it was a bad fight (thusfar) and he had to win impressively or no title shot.

    The other 3 were amazing.

  17. #457
    Holy shit that honestly was the best card i have ever seen. Vera put up a much better fight than i had anticipated.

  18. #458
    Mechagnome pOO flinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    586
    That was an incredible night of fights! That card really delivered, it's really too bad that the viewership for that event was so low. I think that the UFC and FOX executives should have that re-aired on like a wednesday and promoted. UFC on FOX 4 is a great card to bring new fans to the sport.

  19. #459
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    That was an incredible night of fights! That card really delivered, it's really too bad that the viewership for that event was so low. I think that the UFC and FOX executives should have that re-aired on like a wednesday and promoted. UFC on FOX 4 is a great card to bring new fans to the sport.
    Seriously surprised their were so few viewers Machida and Shogun on the same card should have had a huge draw

  20. #460
    Mechagnome pOO flinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by zandril View Post
    Seriously surprised their were so few viewers Machida and Shogun on the same card should have had a huge draw
    Ya, I was expecting having Machida and Shogun on a free card to bring good viewership numbers. They are playing these cards against the Olympics so I guess low numbers are to be expected.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •