Thread: The UFC Thread

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I coulden't believe that Glover fight wasn't called after the first round. Other dude has to have brain damage after that lol.

Jones and Sonnen as TUF 17 coaches.

Wat?

Is this a ploy by the UFC to make a last ditch effort to save TUF? The fight sure as shit doesn't make any ​sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I coulden't believe that Glover fight wasn't called after the first round. Other dude has to have brain damage after that lol.
    No kidding. Maldonado will be lucky if he is able to tie his shoes after that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Jones and Sonnen as TUF 17 coaches.

Wat?

Is this a ploy by the UFC to make a last ditch effort to save TUF? The fight sure as shit doesn't make any ​sense.
    From what I have heard, It was originally supposed to be Cerrone vs Pettis as coaches.
    I think Sonnen and Jones coaching TUF without a title fight would be better. I would have been fine with them fighting to save a card but not like this. Hendo, Machida, and Shogun/Gus are FAR more deserving of a title shot. As a person who likes Sonnen a bit and hates Jones, this is just stupid as hell. Hendo should be the one getting the title shot. Hell, have him coach against Jones.

10+ Year Old Account
    So big news just happened guys. Everyone is reporting that Ronda Rousey just signed with the UFC with her debut unknown as no other female fighter has been approached yet, and that Strikeforce will be closing up shop in January with one hell of a stacked card. [Link] Quite a bit to digest.

Biggest news to hit in the last few years. I personally can't wait to see Cormier get in either the HW or (preferably) LHW divison and start smashing some faces.
    Last edited by Mongler; 2012-11-09 at 03:37 AM.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

10+ Year Old Account
    Miesha Tate got signed too

I can't wait to see both Cormier and Barnett in the HW division. Will be cool to see some of the SF fighters move to the UFC, on the other hand it's sad that SF is shutting down. There will be people out of work/fights.

UFC better let Nate back in, especially after what he did to Woodley!

I would love to see Cormier at 205, just as long as he can diet down properly. I don't want to see him struggle to make weight with his shot kidneys.
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2012-11-09 at 06:34 AM.

Lots of talent to bring in from Strikeforce, and hopefully it'll keep the current UFC champs busy with new contenders so all of the superfight talk can go by the wayside.

I'm definitely stoked at the prospect of Mousasi, Jacare, Rockhold, Cormier, Barnett and a few others, fighting in the UFC.

Not a bad card on Fuel. That was the best outcome possible for Le considering he was apparently injured and he really isn't known as a cardio machine.

The long awaited return of GSP this Saturday. Part of me wants NBK to win simply to squash any chance of a GSP/Silva "superfight".

Speaking of Silva, dafuq is up with this crap: http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/11/1...he-end-of-2013

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Condit to win just because that would make things interesting. What I don't want is for either guy to win by split decision. I don't expect the fight to be all that great. it will be a boring fight were both fighters are too hesitant.

First AS says he doesn't want to fight Jones, then he says he might fight Jones, then he says he will call out GSP at 154 if he wins, then he says he won't call out GSP at 154. Now he is saying he doesn't want to fight until the end of 2013? Fuck that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Carwin blew out his knee and had to pull out of fight with Nelson. https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/268835899297648641

Well that blows. Been waiting for over a year to see him back in action

Hunt won't be back until Feb, Bigfoot is tied up with Overeem, Barry is tied up with someone, a replacement has been found for DC. I say get Barnett or Lavar.

Gray Maynard injured, Jim Miller stepping in against Lauzon. https://twitter.com/ufc/status/268846954476339201

Sucks for Maynard but still going to be an awesome fight.
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2012-11-14 at 11:20 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Liked the GSP fight, was his most entertaining title defense imo. Dat head kick, I need a gif of that asap! Rest of the card sucked except for the beard of power and Cote destroying then getting destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i said it would go to decision, but at the same time it was definitely GSPs most entertaining fight in a long time. I also think if that GSP showed up to fight Silva he would have been pounded by Silva easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how Hendricks KO'ed Kampmann the same way he did to Fitch.

http://i.imgur.com/WEoA6.gif

http://i.imgur.com/ikTZr.gif

10+ Year Old Account
    Dennis Hallman's house burned down early this morning. http://www.fighters.com/11/23/former...use-burns-down

Going through a custody battle with his drug addicted wife, loses his job, and his house burns down. Poor guy just cannot catch a break. Wish him all the best and hope things turn around soon.

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    I love how Hendricks KO'ed Kampmann the same way he did to Fitch.

http://i.imgur.com/WEoA6.gif

http://i.imgur.com/ikTZr.gif
    I knew he did KO both but I didn't realize that they were identical KO's! Hendricks got a lot of power in those hands!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    I knew he did KO both but I didn't realize that they were identical KO's! Hendricks got a lot of power in those hands!
    No kidding!
    I knew Hendricks had some good power but that guy has the left handed H-bomb of Welterweight! I wanted Hendricks to win but knowing that Kampmann has a decent chin, great recovery, and is fairly well rounded I was expecting Kampmann to get a unanimous decision win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Dennis Hallman's house burned down early this morning. http://www.fighters.com/11/23/former...use-burns-down

Going through a custody battle with his drug addicted wife, loses his job, and his house burns down. Poor guy just cannot catch a break. Wish him all the best and hope things turn around soon.
    Yeah that does suck, but as to him losing his job, he will be welcome back in the UFC. His personal problems is why he left, it wasnt that he was just let go ecause he didnt miss his weight cut. I'll see if I can find the article that explains it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Yeah that does suck, but as to him losing his job, he will be welcome back in the UFC. His personal problems is why he left, it wasnt that he was just let go ecause he didnt miss his weight cut. I'll see if I can find the article that explains it.
    Ya, I watched a video interview where Hallman explained all the details of the release to Trigg. It was very nice of them to give Hallman the money for the fight and a win bonus.

Ah, here it is.

Deleted
    I am so excited about about gustafssons fight vs shogun tonight! Gogogo Sweeeeeden!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    I am so excited about about gustafssons fight vs shogun tonight! Gogogo Sweeeeeden!
    It will be an awesome fight and I really think Gustafsson will get the W!

There's no way I'm rooting against Shogun, but if the version that fought Vera shows up I think Goose is going to win. I do hope I'm wrong though.