Thread: The UFC Thread

Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ...
23
31
32
33
34
35
43
... LastLast
  1. #641
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    I'd rather see Cain vs. someone other than a guy he just beat in dominant fashion less than a year ago.
    If there was anyone else that was worthy of that fight, then yea.
    There is literally ZERO belt contenders right now at HW.
    Daniel Cormier is Cain's training partner, and has done NOTHING to warrant a title shot besides winning a Grand Prix and they have plans of him fighting Frank Mir.
    JDS just got beaten.
    Bigfoot just beat the #1 contender, Alistair Overeem, which makes him #1 contender.
    Overeem just got beaten.
    Fabricio Werdum is doing TUF Brazil with Big Nog
    Josh Barnett refused to sign with the UFC.

    Who else is there? There are no contenders, it's a huge mess. Cain doesn't wanna sit out. It's the most shallow pool of fighters outside of Flyweight right now. Cain can fight ANYONE in the division, but the only title contenders are those I listed.

  2. #642
    Rory MacDonald scratched from UFC 158, Johny Hendricks now meets Carlos Condit

    Interesting match-up, I was looking forward to Condit vs MacDonald but this works too.
    Click the picture

  3. #643
    Quote Originally Posted by Not pOO flinger View Post
    Rory MacDonald scratched from UFC 158, Johny Hendricks now meets Carlos Condit

    Interesting match-up, I was looking forward to Condit vs MacDonald but this works too.
    20 bucks says winner is #1 contender until GSP ducks them and asks for Rory.

  4. #644
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    20 bucks says winner is #1 contender until GSP ducks them and asks for Rory.
    GSP is pretty much a diva champ asking for a fight with Diaz over Hendricks. GSP wants the fight that promises a higher pay day....and that's pretty lame in my book.

  5. #645
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    GSP is pretty much a diva champ asking for a fight with Diaz over Hendricks. GSP wants the fight that promises a higher pay day....and that's pretty lame in my book.
    I can understand wanting a huge payout. Every champion does it. But GSP ducks people that have a shot at winning against him. He couldn't duck Condit, so he had to beat him.

    He is ducking Silva, he ducked Hendricks.
    Him and Silva on fight nights are within 5 pounds of each other or so. But his camp uses the whole "Silva is a natural heavyweight, he walks around at 220-230" excuse. It's trash, he walks around FAT. And then diets down about 30-40 pounds in his fight camp.

  6. #646
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    I can understand wanting a huge payout. Every champion does it. But GSP ducks people that have a shot at winning against him. He couldn't duck Condit, so he had to beat him.

    He is ducking Silva, he ducked Hendricks.
    Him and Silva on fight nights are within 5 pounds of each other or so. But his camp uses the whole "Silva is a natural heavyweight, he walks around at 220-230" excuse. It's trash, he walks around FAT. And then diets down about 30-40 pounds in his fight camp.
    Maybe I'm in the minority but I've never had any desire to see a Silva v. GSP match. I'd like to see them stay in their weightclasses while they're champions and defend against the #1 contender in that division, whoever it may be.

  7. #647
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority but I've never had any desire to see a Silva v. GSP match. I'd like to see them stay in their weightclasses while they're champions and defend against the #1 contender in that division, whoever it may be.
    It's two different types of fighters. GSP is Silva's weakness. Wrestlers has never been his strongpoint. He struggles against them every time.
    I don't care to see the fight, but I think GSP could beat Silva. GSP has a weakness too, it's been exposed. He is too confident. But against Silva, he wouldn't be that confident.

    Silva v Jones is another example of this, I don't know who would win here. Jones is a great wrestler. Silva's weakness is wrestlers.

    These superfights would be his downfall.

  8. #648
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    GSP is pretty much a diva champ asking for a fight with Diaz over Hendricks. GSP wants the fight that promises a higher pay day....and that's pretty lame in my book.
    He wants to fight Diaz because Diaz has been calling him out for years.

  9. #649
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    He wants to fight Diaz because Diaz has been calling him out for years.
    So the guy who lost his last fight and was suspended for a year gets a title shot just because GSP asked for it? Nah. Both GSP and the UFC know it's the bigger money fight. Hendricks starched the guy who as the #2 WW for years and another top 10 WW, who was on a win streak of his own, back to back in the first round. He's getting robbed of his title shot for a vanity fight so GSP can fight a guy who has shown that wrestlers are his kryptonite and doesn't pose the 1 shot KO power of Hendricks. I hope Hendricks beats Condit because then there can be no excuse to not give him his shot that he's already earned.

    I'm a fan of GSP and Diaz, and I will certainly laugh my ass off if Diaz upsets GSP, however unlikely that seems; though part of me thinks Diaz will find a way to squander this title shot, too.

  10. #650
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    So the guy who lost his last fight and was suspended for a year gets a title shot just because GSP asked for it? Nah. Both GSP and the UFC know it's the bigger money fight. Hendricks starched the guy who as the #2 WW for years and another top 10 WW, who was on a win streak of his own, back to back in the first round. He's getting robbed of his title shot for a vanity fight so GSP can fight a guy who has shown that wrestlers are his kryptonite and doesn't pose the 1 shot KO power of Hendricks. I hope Hendricks beats Condit because then there can be no excuse to not give him his shot that he's already earned.

    I'm a fan of GSP and Diaz, and I will certainly laugh my ass off if Diaz upsets GSP, however unlikely that seems; though part of me thinks Diaz will find a way to squander this title shot, too.

    Dana White said the welterweight fights "will act as a tournament". I don't know exactly what that means, whether GSP will be fighting the winner of Condit v Hendricks or if that fight will determine one of hte finalist in the tournament. There is another fight that has 2 contenders fighting the same day.

  11. #651
    Jon Fitch among 16 fighters released from UFC

    Didn't really see that coming but I guess it makes sense with all of the Strikeforce imports and female fighters joining.
    Click the picture

  12. #652
    Quote Originally Posted by Not pOO flinger View Post
    Jon Fitch among 16 fighters released from UFC

    Didn't really see that coming but I guess it makes sense with all of the Strikeforce imports and female fighters joining.
    Yeah...I'm beyond bitter that they cut Fitch. He's 14-3-1 in the UFC, and I'd still take him to win vs. most of the WW division.

  13. #653
    I think it's most likely because of the Strikeforce fighters.
    But they got rid of boring fighters and Fitch wasn't the most exciting fighter. He also lost against Maia. "Maia out-Fitched Fitch". That's what they're saying.

  14. #654
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    I think it's most likely because of the Strikeforce fighters.
    But they got rid of boring fighters and Fitch wasn't the most exciting fighter. He also lost against Maia. "Maia out-Fitched Fitch". That's what they're saying.
    If they're making room for Strikeforce fighters then why are fighters like Leben, Sakara, and Garcia still in the UFC? Besides, Fitch won by exploiting weaknesses in fighters. If you let Fitch blanket you for 3 rounds you've no one to blame but yourself. Whether it's boring to fight fans shouldn't matter if you care about being perceived as a legitimate sport. He won, and he won often.

    I get that WW will be a little bloated, but how the hell do you let a guy like Marquardt back in after the whole ruined a main event by pissing hot fiasco, or Paulo Thiago who is 3-5 since being in the UFC, but instead decide to cut a guy like Fitch who has a winning record?
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2013-02-20 at 11:13 PM.

  15. #655
    Pandaren Monk Maruka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,858
    I really love watching dana white interviews, i think its my new guilty pleasure on youtube.

  16. #656
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    If they're making room for Strikeforce fighters then why are fighters like Leben, Sakara, and Garcia still in the UFC? Besides, Fitch won by exploiting weaknesses in fighters. If you let Fitch blanket you for 3 rounds you've no one to blame but yourself. Whether it's boring to fight fans shouldn't matter if you care about being perceived as a legitimate sport. He won, and he won often.

    I get that WW will be a little bloated, but how the hell do you let a guy like Marquardt back in after the whole ruined a main event by pissing hot fiasco, or Paulo Thiago who is 3-5 since being in the UFC, but instead decide to cut a guy like Fitch who has a winning record?

    because it's dana white. and he doesn't like fitch, from what i read. doesn't like his fight style. not many do. leben always put on exciting fights from what i've seen and he helped build the UFC through TUF.

  17. #657
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    I think it's most likely because of the Strikeforce fighters.
    But they got rid of boring fighters and Fitch wasn't the most exciting fighter. He also lost against Maia. "Maia out-Fitched Fitch". That's what they're saying.
    Dana tells the fans to F off when they boo the midgets, then cuts finch cause he thinks he is a boring fighter...

    Im getting very tired of dana white, he is a blow hard who has fallen in love with the camera. He is going wwe by making fights that ignore the rankings only to cash in.

    The womens division is just like the midget division, more filler for the bad (recently) ppv cards.

  18. #658
    He's not the match maker, but he does ask the match maker to make certain fights.
    He said if you piss off the match maker, Joe Silva, you're gone. I'm assuming that happened to Fitch.
    He also just didn't like Fitch or Volkmann.

    He likes technical fights too, especially technical stand up fights. Flyweights are good at that, but there is a reason they're not headlining UFC PPV.
    Rousey has HUGE PPV marketability. That's why her Strikeforce events were so high in ratings.

    The recent PPVs have been awesome. Aldo vs Edgar? Silva v Overeem? Benavidez v McCall? Those were 3 great fights out of 5 in the last ppv. The other two weren't amazing, but not shit.
    UFC 155: Cain v JDS? Tim Boetsch getting knocked out?

    They've had some great fights. I'm not expecting 2 title fights each main card, but there have been awesome cards lately and this weekend will be another one.

  19. #659
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    He's not the match maker, but he does ask the match maker to make certain fights.
    He said if you piss off the match maker, Joe Silva, you're gone. I'm assuming that happened to Fitch.
    He also just didn't like Fitch or Volkmann.

    He likes technical fights too, especially technical stand up fights. Flyweights are good at that, but there is a reason they're not headlining UFC PPV.
    Rousey has HUGE PPV marketability. That's why her Strikeforce events were so high in ratings.

    The recent PPVs have been awesome. Aldo vs Edgar? Silva v Overeem? Benavidez v McCall? Those were 3 great fights out of 5 in the last ppv. The other two weren't amazing, but not shit.
    UFC 155: Cain v JDS? Tim Boetsch getting knocked out?

    They've had some great fights. I'm not expecting 2 title fights each main card, but there have been awesome cards lately and this weekend will be another one.
    I think Dana's rant was more about Saffiedine recently turning down a short notice fight in the UFC. Dana has had it out for Fitch ever since the video game likeness debacle. Anyways, I always thought Dana was a ridiculous choice for someone you would want at the public forefront of any organization.

    UFC's loss is Bellator's gain.

    Speaking of Bellator, nice KO from Ben Saunders tonight.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2013-02-22 at 03:17 AM.

  20. #660
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BzgIidwJMo


    Dana's reasons for booting out Fitch.
    Money.
    He doesn't sell PPV.
    He's on a 'skid'.
    He went from #1 to #9, he didn't go up, he went down.
    He can come back when he gets a few wins.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •