Thread: The UFC Thread

Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ...
28
36
37
38
39
40
48
... LastLast
  1. #741
    That fight ending Hunt vs JDS was absolutely insane.

  2. #742
    Very good card!

    Hunt vs JDS was hard for me to watch, those guys are my two favorite active HW's and I didn't want either guy to lose. Seeing Hunt get KO'ed like that hurt me.
    I'm still very happy for JDS and glad he is getting his rematch with Cain.

    Forrest Griffin retiring made me pretty sad as well.

    I was hoping for a better fight between Cain and Bigfoot but the outcome was very much expected.
    Click the picture

  3. #743
    Hunt vs JDS had me on the edge of my seat. It's been a long while since I've been so nervous for a fight that I felt sick to my stomach. Was pretty gutted to see Hunt lose, but the man went out on his shield after his head called JDS's hand a bitch about 8 times.

    Too bad it didn't happen in a ring. Hunt probably could have cornered JDS a lot more efficiently.

    Bigfoot vs Cain was no surprise. I think Cain wins the 3rd matchup vs. JDS, too. I've always been a proponent of rematches (not so much immediate rematches mind you) because I feel they do a lot to cement a fighter's legacy.

  4. #744
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Hunt vs JDS had me on the edge of my seat. It's been a long while since I've been so nervous for a fight that I felt sick to my stomach. Was pretty gutted to see Hunt lose, but the man went out on his shield after his head called JDS's hand a bitch about 8 times.
    I was feeling the same way.

    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Bigfoot vs Cain was no surprise. I think Cain wins the 3rd matchup vs. JDS, too. I've always been a proponent of rematches (not so much immediate rematches mind you) because I feel they do a lot to cement a fighter's legacy.
    Cain vs Bigfoot 2 was a really anti-climatic fight. I fully expected the outcome.

    I feel like JDS can take Cain in a 3rd fight. The way I see it, JDS and Cain can beat each other every other time. They could be 25-25 against each other.
    Click the picture

  5. #745
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,731
    If the match goes longer than 2 rounds, JDS won't be able to win imo. Cain has pretty good conditioning and JDS has shown he'll gas out if pushed by someone who is capable of.

  6. #746
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    If the match goes longer than 2 rounds, JDS won't be able to win imo. Cain has pretty good conditioning and JDS has shown he'll gas out if pushed by someone who is capable of.
    I think anything past 3 rounds would be in Cain's favor. JDS doesn't have the best cardio ever but it's certainly not bad for a HW. Cain has a ridiculous pace and great cardio.
    I am pretty interested in a 3rd fight.
    Click the picture

  7. #747
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,731
    We gonna see Anderson fall for the first time in the UFC boys? Hot damn those prelims were awesome!

  8. #748
    Good night of fights.

    Main event time!

    - - - Updated - - -

    That show boating son of a bitch just got wrecked!!!!

  9. #749
    High Overlord Reaped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Graveyard
    Posts
    113
    Stupid silva paid the price

    My Char - Signature made by Shyama

  10. #750
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,121
    Such a disrespectful fighter. So glad to see him get his jaw pummeled. Good riddance. Such a terrible face of the sport. Hope the obvious rematch goes the same way.
    BAD WOLF

  11. #751
    Pandaren Monk Maruka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,854
    Hahaha well he got what he deserved, but i am really sad to see a legacy end like that. His talk after about not ever fighting for a title again is bogus too.

  12. #752
    Annnnnd here come the people saying Silva threw the fight when it makes perfect sense for him to not tap to a heel hook and instead opt to get KTFO. /sigh

  13. #753
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,220
    I want to see a gif of that punch that finally downed him. The way his eyes just rolled back.

    His interview after the fight made it sound like he threw it. He immediately said he wasn't interested in a rematch or any more title fights.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Annnnnd here come the people saying Silva threw the fight when it makes perfect sense for him to not tap to a heel hook and instead opt to get KTFO. /sigh
    I don't think he threw it, but his interview gave the impression.

  14. #754
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I want to see a gif of that punch that finally downed him. The way his eyes just rolled back.

    His interview after the fight made it sound like he threw it. He immediately said he wasn't interested in a rematch or any more title fights.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I don't think he threw it, but his interview gave the impression.
    No, he just got caught doing what he always does: bobbing and weaving. Weidman just has knock out power.

  15. #755
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,220
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    No, he just got caught doing what he always does: bobbing and weaving. Weidman just has knock out power.
    I know. I believe Weidman legitimately KOed him. As I pointed out, when you look at that shot that downed him, you can tell from Silva's face that he is out.

    I'm just saying his interview made it sound like he either dived, or just didn't care.

  16. #756

  17. #757
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I know. I believe Weidman legitimately KOed him. As I pointed out, when you look at that shot that downed him, you can tell from Silva's face that he is out.

    I'm just saying his interview made it sound like he either dived, or just didn't care.
    It very well could have been that he didn't care. He's won so many fights in relative ease that maybe he bought into his own hype?

    In any event, the MW division just got interesting again.

  18. #758
    I can't believe this guy. I actually think Anderson losing may have been a good thing. He has said for years that he hasn't been able to fight the way he wanted to because there was too much on the line.

  19. #759
    Epic! Duncanîdaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Hahaha well he got what he deserved, but i am really sad to see a legacy end like that. His talk after about not ever fighting for a title again is bogus too.
    Well I wouldn't be so sure. He's made so much money he never has to fight again if he doesn't want to, and judging by how seriously he's been taking his fights lately(just look at how cocky he fights now compared to early Silva). He doesn't want to. I doubt even he thinks he could pull another title reign streak like he just did. If I were him I'd ask to do that GSP fight non-title for another massive paycheque then call it quits. I mean what else does he have to prove. He has the longest title defense streak in MMA. Every champions reign eventually ends and he obviously doesn't have the drive anymore(or doesn't want to deal with the pressure). Why not take it easy?

    Only time will tell though.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-07-07 at 05:10 AM. Reason: grammer
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

  20. #760
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Well I wouldn't be so sure. He's made so much money he never has to fight again if he doesn't want to, and judging by how seriously he's been taking his fights lately(just look at how cocky he fights now compared to early Silva). He doesn't want to. I doubt even he thinks he could pull another title reign streak like he just did. If I were him I'd ask to do that GSP fight non-title for another massive paycheque then call it quits. I mean what else does he have to prove, he has the longest title defense streak in MMA. Every champions reign eventually ends and he obviously doesn't have the drive anymore(or doesn't want to deal with the pressure), why not take it easy?

    Only time will tell though.
    This is true, Silva has said for years that he doesn't like being tied to the Title, and that he would rather be able to hop around from one weight class to another. After his first two fights at 205 he was basically forced to move back to 185 permanently because Dana said they couldn't have the MW title tied up for AS to float around taking freak fights.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •