Thread: The UFC Thread

Riddle isn't the only one who got in trouble for pot. This isn't jons first substance abuse problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think cocaine is really a performance enhancer anyway in a sport like this.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I don't think cocaine is really a performance enhancer anyway in a sport like this.
    "Cocaine increases alertness, feelings of well-being and euphoria, energy and motor activity, feelings of competence and sexuality. Anxiety, paranoia and restlessness can also occur, especially during the comedown."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    "Cocaine increases alertness, feelings of well-being and euphoria, energy and motor activity, feelings of competence and sexuality. Anxiety, paranoia and restlessness can also occur, especially during the comedown."
    Yeah, I am aware of that. But He didn't test positive for it at the fight, but in the build up to the fight. You know, when the bad stuff happens :P

Overconfidence is NOT a huge positive in fighting.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Yeah, I am aware of that. But He didn't test positive for it at the fight, but in the build up to the fight. You know, when the bad stuff happens :P

Overconfidence is NOT a huge positive in fighting.
    Not saying I (dis)agree with it, but the idea is the same for out-of-competition steroid use ... could give them an advantage in training, which results in benefits that outlast the drugs themselves. Train longer/harder than you could have otherwise, etc, etc
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Not saying I (dis)agree with it, but the idea is the same for out-of-competition steroid use ... could give them an advantage in training, which results in benefits that outlast the drugs themselves. Train longer/harder than you could have otherwise, etc, etc
    The biggest debate in MMA to date, TRT, had a huge group of critics (fan & fighters alike) due to the fact that TRT helped fighters heal injuries faster than fighters that weren't on TRT.

As someone who has used cocaine, I'd say the come down from it would sway it to be more of a disadvantage than using it in training. No, I'm not a coke addict.

Deleted
    Sure is an embarrising statement to call him brave after he gets cought with it..
    Hate JJ, war gus!

While I find it all hilarious, I do hope Jones doesn't have an addiction, or at the very least he's able to get help for it. However, I'm much more surprised by UFC/Zuffa's stance on the whole matter. I thought it would at least be some kind of ethics violation and that he'd get disciplined, even if it was an out of competition test.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    While I find it all hilarious, I do hope Jones doesn't have an addiction, or at the very least he's able to get help for it. However, I'm much more surprised by UFC/Zuffa's stance on the whole matter. I thought it would at least be some kind of ethics violation and that he'd get disciplined, even if it was an out of competition test.
    Highly doubtful he could compete at that level for that long whiled being a full-blown addict, but who knows, stranger things have happened.

And this does appear to violate the UFC's own code of conduct, but so far it looks like they're treating his voluntary rehab stint as punishment enough.

We'll see if they do anything else. If they don't say something this week I doubt anything else happens. I just hope it doesn't look bad for mma and/or the UFC if one of their biggest stars goes unpunished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

I fucking hate Jon Jones. Cormier - you let me down.

Dana said that Anderson Silva will get a title shot with a win over Nick Diaz. Strongly disagree with this decision by them, but I guess atleast it sells for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Dana said that Anderson Silva will get a title shot with a win over Nick Diaz. Strongly disagree with this decision by them, but I guess atleast it sells for them.
    I agree mostly due to the fact that it's Nick Diaz...I mean, cmon...If it was a win over someone like Souza or Rockhold I'd be fine with it but it's Nick Diaz...he isnt even top 15 in that division and is coming off 2 losses to non-champions. At least Silva is still arguably the GOAT for the time being and was the most successful champion in the history of the division compared to Nick Diaz who has now become a gatekeeper.
    Last edited by Novx; 2015-01-08 at 02:34 AM.

It's smoke and mirrors. At this point Dana would say just about anything to get people talking about anything other than Jon.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is Fedor not in the GOAT conversation? Or is that a UFC performance only thing?

I think Jacare should get the next title shot personally. Rockhold would be a good alternate though for sure.

Fedor should be in the GOAT conversation, but most of the time people leave him out because he lost late in his career, but that is normal in all sports. Even more common in combat sports. Fedor beat so many good dudes in his prime. If he actually got in shape he wouldn't be a heavyweight either. It's funny how Dana White use to rag on Fedor for only fighting in Pride/Strikeforce, and that his strength was Sambo/Judo. Now he's bought both Strikeforce and Pride, then you've got Khabib Nurmagomedov that is a Sambo/Judo expert who has just been dominating everyone in the UFC. Not to mention Hector Lombard who's a Judo expert, then Rhonda Rousey who's pretty much only strength has been Judo.

Khabib will beat Anthony Pettis, watch.

Deleted
    Hmm things are heating up..

People coming out with 2+ years old coke stories.

Seems Jones tests showed clear signs of test masking agents since his t-ratio was .19-1, wich is abnormally low. Additional testing incoming

NSAC also considering perjury charges. Jones claimed his Nike deal was lost due to the Cormier altercation, while under oath. A statement he later retracted and cited another reason.