Thread: The UFC Thread

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    What? You aren't going to see many fights like Ronda's. Its a known fact the skill level of women's MMA isn't that high. Especially the women's bantamweight division.
    I'll bluntly say what Dray meant with his sarcasm. Why or when he decides to start watching and enjoying UFC is none of your concern. Get over yourself.
    BAD WOLF

Get over myself? you are the insecure one if you think that post had anything to do with me. lmao.

Getting into MMA because of 30 second fights against nobodies will just result in you never watching MMA again. Watch a fighter like TJ Dillashaw, or any real champion that fights high level competition not girls who train part time and don't stand a chance. Girls the lack the physical abilities to even call themselves athletes.
    Last edited by Vampiroth; 2015-08-06 at 04:46 PM.

Deleted
    ^
    Do not mind this guy. He probably still wears Tapout clothing.

Anyway Alistair Overeem posted this picture on Instagram.

https://instagram.com/p/6DCTULRQ9U/

I hope that this goes ahead, if it would it without a doubt would be the best card the ufc has ever had. If you are new to MMA it would be a treat to watch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by byitz View Post
    ^
    Yeah that was my my impression. I didn't even check back at the edit at which he goes full blown misogyny. Yuck.

I hope that this goes ahead, if it would it without a doubt would be the best card the ufc has ever had. If you are new to MMA it would be a treat to watch
    Anyways, yeah. That card would break all records for their fights ever. One for the ages for sure.
    BAD WOLF

Can't wait for JDS vs overeem. I've always loved watching Overeem for some reason, even though he hasn't been as good recently.

^

LOL literally every fighter has admitted that Ronda has no real competition. She can't be the GOAT if she doesn't fight Cyborg. It's that simple.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^

Dude i have so much tapout stuff becausw i told my family im into mma one xmas season. So many regrets
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2015-08-06 at 11:50 PM.

It's a shame that Tate has little to no chance of beating Rousey; she's had more entertaining fights. I like Holm's chances if the UFC lets her develop, instead of just feeding her to Rhonda, which will probably happen because weak division. Holm has the reach, and the stand up to keep Rousey at bay and pepper her from the outside.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2015-08-06 at 11:54 PM.

Getting into MMA because of 30 second fights against nobodies will just result in you never watching MMA again. Watch a fighter like TJ Dillashaw, or any real champion that fights high level competition not girls who train part time and don't stand a chance. Girls the lack the physical abilities to even call themselves athletes.
    I think it's more of "wow, there's a chick... A CHICK that's beating serious ass! I need to check that out." It draws you in, and then you can learn the other aspects of whatever it is that you were just drawn into. Sure, we can't really judge her, since she has no competition, but she isn't really flopping to make it look better either (or bored with it all yet, like Tyson was when he got beaten).

I've only been watching for many a year and a half, so I haven't seen some of these guys fight (Aldo, Mighty Mouse), since they've been champ and only have PPV fights. I also haven't been bothered to hunt down anything on youTube either.

It's like people loving or hating LeBron, just like Mike, people hear about and see this guy who seems other worldly, it draws them in, gaining the sport new fans. Ronda is doing that.

A little annoyed VanZant is on the main card with Johnson/Dodson 2, but I plan on going out to watch it, so I'll let it slide just this once lol
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

I don't think VanZant will fall off the main card anymore. Shes a main reebok sponsored fighter. Joanna Jedrzejczyk is the best female fighter in the world IMO. Better than Cyborg too.

Glory kickboxing event tonight.

I like how Tate is going on shows and doing interviews saying how she knows how to beat Ronda. So......why didn't you do that the last TWO tries?...yeah....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    I like how Tate is going on shows and doing interviews saying how she knows how to beat Ronda. So......why didn't you do that the last TWO tries?...yeah....
    Rhonda said she is more wary of people she's fought previously. Since the first fight they don't know what they are getting in to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    This time she's going to spend an entire training camp on how to run away and meditate to ignore armbar pain so that even when her arm is ripped from the socket she doesn't tap.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    What fights are you guys most excited that are coming up ?

Robbie Lawler vs Carlos Condit i'm pretty exited for.

Robbie Lawler vs Carlos Condit i'm pretty exited for.
    YES. i saw Condit's return match and was pretty impressed. Goes without saying I'm eager for Mighty Mouse/Dodson 2, that'll also have Mir, Rumble and 12 Gauge on the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

I want Arlovski to beat Mir.

I think AA puts Mir out in the first.

Dallas super card isn't happening. Jose vs Conor was booked at the MGM in vegas.