Thread: The UFC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mikepic View Post
    Ding ding ding, we have a winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by chase123 View Post
    This is also the first time Ronda has faced a legit athlete. Every fight before Holm was against a part time fighter who took up MMA a few years ago. Holly has been competing for over 10 years and has more than 40 fights under her belt.

Meisha Tate and Cat Zingano are both legit athletes. Meishas record speaks for itself but Cat was on a tear at the start of her UFC career and has been in the sport for close to a decade. Had it not been for Zingano's husband committing suicide she likely would have had that title shot sooner and who knows how that would have ended.

Also: 40 Boxing matches and 40 MMA matches are completely different.
    Last edited by Novx; 2015-11-15 at 07:38 AM.

Deleted
    What a day! What a lovely day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. My. GAWWWD!

So happy for Holly! She made Ronda look like an amateur. She stuffed her ground/judo game and all that was left was Ronda's sloppy striking. Holly put on a clinic and dethroned the Queen in brilliant fashion.
    Last edited by Daws001; 2015-11-16 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Told you retards that Ronda wasn't that good. Bet you feel stupid now.
    I agree i been saying the same thing she was nothing special.

People in this thread went on for weeks about how wrong I was about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    People in this thread went on for weeks about how wrong I was about her.
    Ronda is still an amazing fighter but she unfortunately surrounded herself with a team of morons like Edmond the tax evading douche who claims he makes $0. Really? His main fighter is arguably one of the UFCs biggest stars in history and your annual income is $0? Then you have the fact that she fights with emotion instead of logic. If she had just gone for takedowns and played her ground game from the first second of that fight theres a much higher chance of her winning but instead she boxed with a boxer. She got struck in the face a few dozen times right at the start of the fight and couldn't recover...simple as that. Even when she went for takedowns later in round 1 you can tell it wasn't the same - she was fucked up.

It's a shame were going to have to hear her make complaints and excuses leading up to the rematch.

Ronda taking down Holly isn't that simple. Maybe if she gets high clinch but you have to remember the same wrestling coach that coaches Jon Jones coaches Holly Holm. The same gameplan people thought Cormier could use on Jon isn't going to work on Holly. The throws ronda uses don't work well against a low wrestling base. Plus she has to close the distance and that wasn't working at all, she didn't like getting jab'd in the face early.

Not an amazing fighter, amazing at beating part time nurses.

Ronda Rousey.

Well, it was bound to happen.... she got her ass handed to her last night. Maybe now she can show an ounce or two of humility.

All warriors fall.

All new warriors think they will never fall.

History repeats over and over.

Hubris always leads to downfall.

meh WWE is still more entertaining. Undertaker recently tombstoned a guy in a turkey suit.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    She didn't just get beat, she got absolutely annihilated. What a way to lose the belt and her undefeated streak.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

7+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    no one person rules at that sport forever. that being said holly holme was no joke and was her first real challenge. and proved to be a step above her in the striking department.
    regardless she is more than just bad attitude she is actualy relatable unlike most of the fighters who have ultra bad attitudes anyway. she uses hers only for her opponents in the cage. its all a show. she is a nice person who has strong belifes. and will remain a champion in my eyes no matter how many times she wins o looses.
    i dont expect her to bounce back from this or be anything like she was previously. a head kick ko is extremely demoralising. and not many people return to the heights they once were after eating 1. she doesnt need the ufc any more. or to fight ever again. she could just keep going in movies with the rock and absolutley smash it.

Fighting a boxer with really long arms... What do you think the boxer will do first? Maybe punch you in the face?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

To me, Ronda wanted to beat Holly at boxing. Holly is incredibly strong, so a takedown would have been difficult anyway, but I don't think standing up with Holly is the right call. She was standing in there and eating lefts the entire first round. In the second she was clearly dazed and tired. I do think her ego got in the way, but I want to see her take a rematch and properly fight it.

Boxing/Kick Boxing >
    Also Holm is longer and stronger
    I thought she would win and she massacred Rousey

The only shame is it wasn't an Ultimate Surrender situation >
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

they are talking about this in the UFC thread in sports btw, so dont be surprised if it gets moved or locked.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Good, shes annoying as fuck.

her hubris got her rekt and maybe humbled.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless