Thread: The UFC Thread

Page 9 of 197 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaBigBird View Post
    Brock got destroyed but to be honest is always a champ for recovering from a life threatening disease and going straight into training for a fight.

What do you guys predict will happen in the UFC in 2012 in terms of title fights and possible new champions.

Heavyweight
    I think Overeem will beat Junior Dos Santos and Velasquez will earn a shot at Overeem for the title beating him and regaining the title.

Light Heavyweight
    Can't see anyone in the UFC at the moment who has the necessary skill set to really give bones trouble.

MiddleWeight
    Sonnen will get another shot at Silva but it won't last 5 rounds and Sonnen will not stand a chance.

Welterweight
    Boring boring boring GSP out 10 months and wont fight in 2012. Hendricks v Nick Diaz is a good fight I would like to see in 2012

Lightweight
    Have no interest in this weightclass

Featherweight
    Jose Aldo is the Silva of the featherweight division. Tatsuya Kawajiri will come to the UFC as apart from Jose Aldo there is no one in the world you could say is better then him.
    What this guy said

Cyborg tested positive for steroids and is going to get stripped of her belt. At least now I won't have to watch what looks like Wanderlei in drag beating the hell out of the ladies.

Jardine looks like a freaking methed out trucker in today's Strikeforce weight ins. I think Rockhold has got this fight. I'm a fan after watching him take the title from Jacare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprised one damn bit that Cyborg tested positive. Glad she is getting stripped of her belt, that's what she gets for taking roids. Not only does she look like a small Wandy in drag but she kinda sounds like him too lol.

Jardine does look like a methed out trucker LOL!

Yep, nothing left for Jardine at this point. Horrible night of referring though. Early stop, fighter taking a lot of unnecessary punches, ugh.

LOL @ the post fight interview. Rockhold calling it like it is, and I agree with him. Outside of Kennedy and Souza the Strikeforce MW division is kind of lackluster.

---------- Post added 2012-01-08 at 12:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JustaBigBird View Post
    Brock got destroyed but to be honest is always a champ for recovering from a life threatening disease and going straight into training for a fight.

What do you guys predict will happen in the UFC in 2012 in terms of title fights and possible new champions.

Heavyweight
    I think Overeem will beat Junior Dos Santos and Velasquez will earn a shot at Overeem for the title beating him and regaining the title.

Light Heavyweight
    Can't see anyone in the UFC at the moment who has the necessary skill set to really give bones trouble.

MiddleWeight
    Sonnen will get another shot at Silva but it won't last 5 rounds and Sonnen will not stand a chance.

Welterweight
    Boring boring boring GSP out 10 months and wont fight in 2012. Hendricks v Nick Diaz is a good fight I would like to see in 2012

Lightweight
    Have no interest in this weightclass

Featherweight
    Jose Aldo is the Silva of the featherweight division. Tatsuya Kawajiri will come to the UFC as apart from Jose Aldo there is no one in the world you could say is better then him.
    There is not enough time for Cain to regain a title shot and fight for the title in a year. He just got emphatically beat by JDS and is probably at least 2 fights away from regaining a title shot. With the merger of the HW division from Strikeforce Cain might as well be at the back of the line, and I'm a fan of his.

Bones will probably stay champion, barring any serious injuries, but there are still some interesting match-ups for him, and I never count out Hendo in a fight.

I'm going to throw a dart at a dart board and go ahead and say Sonnen beats Silva in a rematch if he gets past Munoz for the #1 contendership.

Nothing boring about the WW class at the moment with the dominate champ out and with Condit v. Diaz it very well could be the fight of the year.

How can you, as a fan, have no interest in one of the more stacked divisions in the UFC? /boggle

Money Mendes pushes a frantic pace and drains Aldo's gastank midway though the fight, and wins the title via UD.

Cruz continues to beat all competition as one of the more dominate champs in the UFC.

Yay! 125lbs division is here! Let's go Uncle Creepy!
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-01-08 at 05:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva is going to be fighting Cain Velasquez in April. http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publ...le_12059.shtml

With the not yet official merger of the SF HW division into the UFC HW division there are going to be alot of great fights in the HW division. Excellent decision by Dana imo.

Yeah I saw that the other day. Cain should beat Bigfoot, but then again I thought Fedor would have beaten Bigfoot too and I was wrong about that one.

I dont see Brock back in wrestling for 2 reasons.

1) he left on very bad terms with the boss guy
    2) he has made plenty of money, and doesnt seem like he cares for spotlight as much as others. I see him retiring and going to live a mountain man lifestyle with some hunting

Quote Originally Posted by abndrew82 View Post
    I dont see Brock back in wrestling for 2 reasons.

2) he has made plenty of money, and doesnt seem like he cares for spotlight as much as others. I see him retiring and going to live a mountain man lifestyle with some hunting
    I would like to see him retire tbh and not end up going back and risk becoming a broken down man. He brought in a lot of new fans to MMA, and one can argue his accolades within the sport itself but he did leave a good mark overall I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brock never really fell out with Wrestling, he wanted to try something new (NFL) and they let him go. They were pissed mostly because they'd built a lot of the recent company around him.

He'd likely go back to it for appearances and big payoffs, no chance in hell would he go back full time and travel.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by abndrew82 View Post
    I don't think there's anyone who hasn't left on bad terms with Vince. There's pretty much only one guy he ever hasn't brought back, and Brock didn't do anything near bad enough to become the second.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-ufc-countdown

Hopefully this is a unfounded rumor since the source is someone's twitter account, but if it's true what does Dana do with a fighter like Nick Diaz who won't show up for any UFC events he's scheduled to appear at (outside of a actual fight)?

10+ Year Old Account
    I really do hope it is nothing more than a rumor. It wouldn't surprise me one damn bit if Nick no-showed the UFC Countdown. Nick is a good fighter but he has a bad attitude and has a lot of growing up to do.

UFC 141 drug tests all come back clean. Looks like suspicions of Overeem juicing can be put to rest. I had my doubts about his footprint in MMA, seeing as he got huge (not saying that isn't possible to do naturally) -while- fighting for orgs that aren't exactly known for putting their fighters through the ringer as far as drug tests go, coupled with his record of kicking over cans, but now I'm sold on him. He's legit. I all ready had him as one of the top 5 in K-1 (with Badr Hari, Gokan Saki, Semmy Schilt, & Remy Bonjasky) and if you don't realize the significance of his K1 standings, we're talking about a group of guys who, when are 100%, can literally win or lose against one another on any given night.

Was kind of disappointed with Brock's performance. All the hype.. I guess I could've seen a demolishing victory like this coming though.

REALLY looking forward to Alistair vs Dos Santos!

10+ Year Old Account
    The UFC HW division has a very exciting future with Dana bringing in a bunch of fighters lately and i can not wait to see JDS vs. Overeem, that fight is going to be sick!

So, apparently the Belfort v. Rumble fight is in jeopardy because he's no where near 185 at the weigh ins. After all the shit Johnson talked about how he was going to beat Belfort, and Sonnen and Anderson better be on the look out, and to go and not even make weight for his first fight at 185lbs? What. An. Asshole.

Just found out Johnson weighed in at 197lbs. I hope the fight is still on, Vitor knocks his ass out, and the UFC send him packing.

For the record this is the third time he's missed a target weight. He was 6lbs and 7.5lbs over in previous fights at welterweight. Now he's 11lbs over for his first fight at a heavier weight class. Words cannot express....

Another update: As of now the fight is still on, under the condition (laid out by Vitor) that Johnson cannot go over 205lbs before their fight. Johnson has to weight in tomorrow at 2 o'clock and if he weights more than 205 then the fight is off. Cut Johnson's purse and give it to Vitor, win or lose, so Vitor can recoup whatever money he spent on a nutritionist and eating healthy so he could make weight properly like a professional fighter. Fuck Johnson.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-01-13 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit! I just lost all respect for Johnson. Missing target weight 3 times and missing target weight for a heavyier weight class is just unnaceptable! I would like to see Vitor beat the hell out of Johnson for nearly 3 rounds then KO him late in the 3rd then have Dana cut Johnson from the UFC.

Apparently he didn't make weight for "medical reasons". According to his manager he was close to making weight, but then fell ill and UFC doctors had to pump fluids in him so he would live. I might have sympathy if it wasn't Anthony Johnson who has a history of missing weight, and not by only one or two pounds. He didn't cut properly, dehydrated himself to critical levels and had to have doctor intervention. That's how I see it going down. If it was for anything but improperly cutting weight then why is Dana pissed and saying his job is on the line? I'm calling bullshit on Rumble. If it was as bad as Johnson and his management is making it out to be then why is he still being allowed to fight tomorrow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. If i a fighter gets sick and/or can not make weight for the fight then they should be removed from the fight for the safety of both the fighters. It's a bit odd that Rumble couldn't make weight for a higher weight class and miss weight by a massive amount. Whether Rumble is just lazy or if he actually was sick either of those reasons is more than enough to pull him from the fight. If he was sick he should be pulled from the fight for his own safety, if he missed weight by a large amount (just like he did) then he should be pulled from the fight for Vitor's safety. There are weight classes for a reason. If you can't make the damn weight cut then don't fight in that weight class. If you can't make weight because you are doing it poorly then you need to fix that problem asap. If you can't make the weight cut if you are lazy and/or just don't give a damn then you have no business fighting in the first place.

I am not going to pass judgement because there might be more to the story than we are being told. I am not pleased with the situation one bit. For the safety of either fighter (weather it be illness or laziness) the fight should not happen.
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2012-01-14 at 10:15 AM.

What a knockout. Etim was stiff as a board before he even hit the ground.

There have been better chances for calling for a DQ for shots to the back of the head in the past, but this was a necessary call in my opinion. There have been a -lot- of fighters getting hit in the back of the head and nothing seemingly done about it. This was a message: watch where you're hitting your opponent.

Bye bye Rumble. If he keeps his job I'll be surprised.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-01-15 at 04:27 AM.