Sickness when lifting weights?

Hi, In an effort to stop being skinny i've been following http://stronglifts.com/5x5/ for a couple of months, i'm doing great on it and have doubled the amount i could initially lift while gaining a stone in weight.

I'm fine with the squat,bench press and overhead press. However the problem comes when doing either barbell row or deadlifts, 9/10 times they make me feel incredibly sick and have caused me to throw up a couple of times (felt fine beforehand with previous exercises), I was just wondering does anyone else have a similar experience with doing exercises that compress that stomach and know any way to stop/ fix/ relieve the symptoms? :/

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for all the help guys... *continues vomiting on everything in creation*

What are you wanting here?

Deadlifts are notorious for causing sickness. One potential way of reducing sickness would be to reduce reps. Another way is to check your breathing. Make sure you're exhaling on the concentric phase and inhaling on the eccentric. If you're holding your breath, you will likely get dizzy, sick, or even pass out.
    Stormrage is Full
    Position in queue: 1337
    Estimated time: 69 min
    ....Blizz you trolling me?

Make sure you drink/eat enough before gym.
    - Water
    - Food, carbs especially.
    - Stay away from artificial stuff
    - Warm up.
    I7 - 4930K / 16 GB - 1600MHZ / R9 290 Core 1220 MHZ - Memory 1550 MHZ

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Hi, In an effort to stop being skinny i've been following http://stronglifts.com/5x5/ for a couple of months, i'm doing great on it and have doubled the amount i could initially lift while gaining a stone in weight.

I'm fine with the squat,bench press and overhead press. However the problem comes when doing either barbell row or deadlifts, 9/10 times they make me feel incredibly sick and have caused me to throw up a couple of times (felt fine beforehand with previous exercises), I was just wondering does anyone else have a similar experience with doing exercises that compress that stomach and know any way to stop/ fix/ relieve the symptoms? :/

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for all the help guys... *continues vomiting on everything in creation*
    Stop eating right before you train. Can't throw up if there's nothing in your stomach.

I have the same problem. What I did was to eat less before working out. I didn't solve it 100%, but it helped a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Stop eating right before you train. Can't throw up if there's nothing in your stomach.
    Large chance you'll start vomiting bile if you have to throw up with an empty stomach, which is really disgusting

As a fellow skinny i found that leaving a gap of about an hour and half between eating and training would help me tremendously.

Also drinking too much water too quickly during training would play hell with my stomach

Stood in the Fire Valstorm Warsong's Avatar
    You are probably over exerting yourself, try to pace yourself better. This happens to me a lot, I get nauseous, and my vision blackens which is quite scary.