How much of a difference will this be for my weight loss?

Ok so first off I was unemployed looking for work for a while just sitting at home gaming pretty much all day but going to the gym for a little over an hour every day, rest was spent looking for jobs and playing games. Recently I have some temporary work at my brothers workplace that has a high chance of becoming full time after christmas.

Now the job is a lot of labouring work, drilling holes, grinding things, lifting heavy objects, sanding etc etc

Stats:

Height: 5 Ft 8
    Weight: 107.6 Kilograms

Diet:
    Breakfast: 1 Banana or Protein Shake around 5:30am before leaving for work
    Morning Tea(Smokeo): Brown Bread sandwich with ham or chicken no butter, light amount of BBQ sauce (I hate mayo)
    Lunch: Healthy salad
    Dinner: Any type of chicken/fish/steak with salad or veggies, use to be with oven fries but stopped eating them.

Drinks: Pepsi Max (literally no calories/sugar), Around 8 bottles of water a day, protein shake after work out (usually dont have one in the morning unless I dont have anything else to eat)

Work schedule at the moment: 6am starts til 5pm finishes.

So it's a massive change in that i'm not sitting on my ass all day and im doing work now, how big will this help my progress?

1)
    I do not see the reason why you would like to eat/drink protein shakes if your primary goal is to lose weight. "Sport" additions are very overrated, are you sure you really need protein shakes on your current level ?
    Protein shakes do not make you full, imho eat a big load of veggies, not very sweet fruits, or salad instead. It will keep you full for a longer time, until you have the next meal. Add low fat cottage cheese to your diet, do not be afraid of dairy products, just try buying them with minimal extra additions ( like we have "milk" with sugar and other shit added in our shops ). Eggs is also a good addition to your diet. For example a couple of boiled eggs, glass of low fat milk and half of grapefruit could be an excellent launch or breakfast ( consider adding oatmeal there, good carbohydrates are cool! )
    While i say low-fat often - do not cut fat level to the zero, fat is essential for the body ( hormones, including testosterone are "made" of it ), so nuts, eggs, some fat from meat and dairy products could be a good addition to you diet.

2)
    Imho - better forget about all of this "recomp" stories, that people like to share. It rarely works good on natural athletes.
    1 - loose fat
    2 - gain muscle with minimal fat
    Do not try to achieve it at the same time, chances are high you will fail. For some people it may work ok, but not for all.

3)
    Also, when i was on your place i completely cut all trash food out of my diet, and i consider "diet" drinks to be a trash food also. People still argue if artificial sweeteners are good/bad for the health, it is still under investigation how it affects insulin/blood sugar levels ( taken VERY roughly it affects fat level ).
    4)
    Another additions - you did not say your complete diet prior to changes, that you decided to make, but if you ate a lot of trash food, switching to healthy food, without dramatic changes of quantity should already be enough to lose weight, in case you have a proper gym workout and cardio.
    Do not try to hasten the process, if you cut you calories too much - you will feel yourself like shit and your fat loss will be very slow.
    Last edited by Grendizerx; 2014-12-12 at 11:29 AM.

Eating well (which you are) is only half the battle; if you want to lose weight, how often & hard are you doing cardio? Running, sprints, hill sprints, intervals, swimming will all help big time, and when used with a diet like you described, will accelerate the weight loss.
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

It seems your more physical job will already help, at least in comparison to sitting on your butt all day. Still, I used to work in a store room and while it helped a bit, I still found time and energy to do some simple exercise when I got home and especially on my days off. Playing off of what anakin57 said, exercise can be critical, but you don't necessarily need to do completely traditional exercises if you find it is hard to motivate yourself to do stuff like that. I danced a couple hours a day to lose weight and melted between 40 - 50 lbs (18 - 23 kg) over not too long of a period. Find something active and physical that you're willing to do for an extended period of time.

Try getting rid of the pepsi max, I noticed it made me hungry as **** no matter how much I stuffed myself
    Now I am attending university, and I've moved into my own apartment, and I can't afford drinking all that diet coke (soda is actually not cheap where I live), so I've gotten rid of it,
    and now I am MUCH less hungry, and I am talking a world of difference, probably 800-1000 calories worth of "clean food" every day.

Although, I wasn't trying to lose much weight, but just maintaing, while lifting heavy at the gym

good luck
    Last edited by ChugChug; 2014-12-13 at 01:57 PM.

Yeah my diet is fine probably can replace the pepsi max with green tea / more water, after a week of going to the gym and this new physical job of at least 10 hrs a day on my feet I put on 0.5kilos, eating no crap at all but then again I dont do cardio I just lift weights when I go to the gym as I find cardio boring and lifting weights makes your metabolism go all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Yeah my diet is fine probably can replace the pepsi max with green tea / more water, after a week of going to the gym and this new physical job of at least 10 hrs a day on my feet I put on 0.5kilos, eating no crap at all but then again I dont do cardio I just lift weights when I go to the gym as I find cardio boring and lifting weights makes your metabolism go all day.
    find a hill and do sprints, it's not so boring then
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Drink all the Pepsi Max you want. It doesn't matter. If you're trying to lose weight, then just eat less food. That's it. There's no secret to it. You don't even have to do any cardio if you don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimsumlol View Post
    Drink all the Pepsi Max you want. It doesn't matter. If you're trying to lose weight, then just eat less food. That's it. There's no secret to it. You don't even have to do any cardio if you don't want to.
    That's the bottom line which is easier to follow if you have a lifestyle whereby you don't crave so much. If you're walking past the cheesecake isle and you can't resist putting it in the trolley it means you've made a mistake somewhere else down the line, that's how I see it.

Saying it's as simple as eating less is like saying all you need to do to kill a raid boss is to not let the tank die.

Keyboard Turner
    im 23 years old and i lose my leg in car crash and my weight is less

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Saying it's as simple as eating less is like saying all you need to do to kill a raid boss is to not let the tank die.
    This is an interesting analogy because it kind of works - compartmentalize things, focus on individual elements rather than getting caught up in, "oh no, there's so many mechanics!". For a healer with a designated tank assignment, they're going to be doing 90% of their job if they keep their tank up and dodge things on the ground - likewise, if someone's trying to lose weight, they're 90% home if they spend a month developing good eating and exercise habits. The other 10% matters (BoP the guy standing in fire!, don't overeat at dessert time), but if the basic habits are good, it's a lot easier to take care of that 10%.

If you eat like that while having a "physical job" and going the gym a few times a week you will end up losening weight for sure (both fat BUT also muscle). You will run out of energy, you gonna feel tired and will take looooong to recover. (if that list is correct your CH intake is way too low for such a "lifestyle")

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    I'd definitely suggest cutting the Pepsi Max as it contains aspartame which is highly likely to negatively impact your metabolism and also have a negative impact on your serotonin levels. Aka, aspartam can inhabit how happy you feel.

In regards to the weight you put on, it may simply be that your body has retained an excess amount of water at that particular point or if you weighed yourself during the evening in comparison to a morning weight or even that you were slightly more dehydrated at the comparison weight.