What does this knee ailment sound like to you?

Just to get this out of the way, I have a Dr's appointment tomorrow, so I'm not asking for Medical advice or whatnot in any "Tell me what to do to fix this!" kind of thing.

I've been slacking on my running/jogging this winter because I hate running on treadmills, and greatly prefer running outside. Going only once a week or so for the last couple months.

Well, Spring is finally up on us up here, and I've been gladly running my 5 miles (Or so) a day again, without having any real issues of any kind. Careful to stretch/stay hydrated.

Well late, late last night (After the clippers spurs game was over for quite awhile, so very late) I went out for my run, and felt fine the entire time. Was a bit sore when I got home, but I figured it was just fatigue.

Well, now whenever I go up or down stairs, my knee has very sharp, intense pain in it, only when straightening up after a bend. Does this sound like an ACL tear/pull? or another ligament issue?

Its only in my left knee, and only when I'm going up/down stairs, on the downward pressure as I step onto the stair. It is hurting badly enough that I've just been going down the stairs one at a time, keeping my left leg straight :P

I hope its not serious, don't want to be sitting on my keister for the next couple weeks or something.
    You're a towel.

Honestly You kind of hit the nail on the head. It sounds like a minor to moderate ACL injury (either tear of pull). Nothing too serious you'll probably be up and running in 3 to 4 days. I had the same kind of thing happen during the last football season and it wasn't too much of a problem.

Its just kind of strange because I finished my run and felt fine all night, then woke up this morning and bammo, problems with the stairs :P
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Its just kind of strange because I finished my run and felt fine all night, then woke up this morning and bammo, problems with the stairs :P
    Ive had similar happen to me. I know it happens a lot of new runners or people who are getting back into it. You set out to run a mile, you feel fine so you run 3. Next morning you realize you should not have ran 3.