Thread: The UFC Thread

was it a title fight?

Will be missed ~

10+ Year Old Account
    So after watching the fight last night, I think the coMain was one of the best fights of the year, but the thing that had me absolutely furious/irritated was this moment:

"Why are you guys doing that?"

That single statement from a man that just got the unholy shit beat out of him to make it the full 5 rounds for the fans....JUST to get booed by the very people he was fighting for was unbelievably disrespectful. Probably the single-most nicest, honest man in the whole sport gets booed at the drop of the hat from some drunk, redneck, and undeserving fans who came not to admire the sport - but just to satisfy their bloodlust they have from seeing people beat the shit out of each other. It's a shame what the fans of this sport have become, or if some never even see MMA for what it is. They are the ones that are setting this sport back from reaching it's maximum that it could be. This Heavyweight fight we had last night had the potential to be on par with the Super Bowl in terms of how huge it could have been, but if people are gonna be this stupid and idiotic that they boo a man - a CHAMPION - that got the living shit beat out of him, then I think we, as a fanbase, have a lot work to be done.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Card was a let down, the Joe Louzon fight was awesome though, woulda loved 2 more rounds of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Card was a let down, the Joe Louzon fight was awesome though, woulda loved 2 more rounds of that.
    Louzon and Boetsch fights were probably the only reason to even watch the last event. That JDS/Cain fight was ridiculous...I hate Velasquez and his "Convenient Mexican-ness" so much but JDS got wrecked. That said, Cain didn't finish him.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Next two cards look pretty good on paper. I think I'm most excited for Maia v. Fitch, Overeem v. Bigfoot and, of course, Aldo v. Edgar.

I hope Glover tears Page apart this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Next two cards look pretty good on paper. I think I'm most excited for Maia v. Fitch, Overeem v. Bigfoot and, of course, Aldo v. Edgar.

I hope Glover tears Page apart this weekend.
    I'm with you on all of that. Also, I kinda like the and feel of the new TUF, it's got a documentary feel/look instead of that reality TV crap.
    So far it doesn't look like Jersey Shore like the last few TUF's and some of the fighters seem to actually have some potential (Uriah Hall for example).

Early numbers had the show are 1.5 million viewers which is a pretty big leap from what the show has had since it's move to Fridays on FX.

Not a good night for the ufc. I was glad the booth broke and they stuck to the ppv style of commentary.

I shut off the main event when i got to wondering who would win between herb dean and john macarthy, i knew i was bored. At 125 they better have nice tits and ass if its a fight.

Not a good night for the UFC?!?!?
    The fights were entertaining and free. Not every fight can end in a KO ya know. Your loss for missing a pretty good main event.

Who the fuck gave a round to Rampage? That said I'm looking forward to more fights for Glover at LHW. Not a bad night of fights. Bring on Maia vs. Fitch! I'm so intrigued by that fight: does Maia finally get his cardio tested @ 170; does Fitch's sub defense hold out against Maia; will it even hit the ground?

Man, tonight was great. I don't care what anyone says.
    Last night's Muay Thai fights, Lion's Fight 8, was even better though!
    I was glad to see Rampage get beat up.
    I kept expecting Dodson to knock MM out the whole fight.
    Cerrone getting KO'd was AWESOME.

Great night, don't care what anyone else says

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Not a good night for the ufc. I was glad the booth broke and they stuck to the ppv style of commentary.

I shut off the main event when i got to wondering who would win between herb dean and john macarthy, i knew i was bored. At 125 they better have nice tits and ass if its a fight.
    JUST BLEED! You're what's wrong with fight fans. Mighty Mouse and Dodson were excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Not pOO flinger View Post
    Not a good night for the UFC?!?!?
    The fights were entertaining and free. Not every fight can end in a KO ya know. Your loss for missing a pretty good main event.
    I watched the first round and i felt like i was wasting my time. Maybe i was just expecting a night like the last one on fox.

5 rounds? Doesnt that violate child labor laws? I was laughing before the fight, you got mighty mouse doing like pec bounce like hawk from the road warriors and the other waving and smiling like it was his first time on tv. Sorry i just cant take anything under 145lbs seriously.

I am looking forward to frankie beating one of the most overrated fighters in the ufc. I dont see a 145lb'r hurting him after going toe to toe with benson.

I think Frankie pushes a cardio crushing pace and wears Aldo down to a UD. Though, I said the same shit about Mendes and look how that ended up. Still kinda sour about Aldo grabbing the cage in that fight.....

Speaking of 145 though I can't wait for Zombie to return.

Aldo also had his hands down chads pants half the time in the clinch.

Frankie was always small for what he fought, yet was very competitive. He seems like a good guy, lots of heart, i hope he dominates the 145lb class, he deserves it after all the unfair matchups. Skill and toughness can only take you so far.

Hopefully Frankie is prepared for the leg kicks that're surely coming his way. That's Aldo's best weapon in this fight.

Can't take anyone under 145 serious? Urijah Faber and Renan Barao are both amazing fighters. Renan Barao is a bantamweight Jose Aldo. They're both phenoms and both amazing fighters.
    As for 125, I agree, it's a little harder to get into. But I enjoyed watching the fight, I thought Dodson was going to KO MM the first two rounds. But he NEVER POUNCED ON HIM. Ugh. Not that he could, honestly. MM is quick.

The card tomorrow is stacked as hell. Just hope the fights live up to my expectations.

Go Overeem, and piss clean this time plz.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    it's kinda funny reading people say they cant take lower weight classes seriously, when it should be pretty clear to everyone that if they were the same size of mw or lhw they would destroy the entire division besides the current champs anderson silva and john jones. lw/fw etc are better everywhere the fight happens. anyway the main event today should be spectacular. if aldo puts frankie edgar away the statement it would make to lw would be insane.

If they were bigger they wouldnt be able to take shots like they currently do. Put them in divisions that have knockout power and their wwe style wont go past the first round.

Their style only works because they cannot hurt each other.

I got
    Frankie
    Evans (nice to see him fight again)
    bigfoot (got his ass whipped badly by cain, overroid isnt nearly as good)
    I forget 170's with finch/maia so cant make a call.