Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hooolllyyyy fuckk. THOR ODIN'S SON

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    GODDAMN

The icelandic viking fought a perfect fight, what a smackdown
    That was a fantastic TKO!

I don't think Jones wants to fight Gus again. He went to twitter saying that he should fight DC first. As much as I am a fan of Jones' fighting style he needs to stop trying to play matchmaker. Gus was his biggest challenge to date and arguably won that first fight (matter of opinion) and assuming Jones makes it past Glover (which he likely will) I don't expect him to beat Gus again. Will make for a great fight though.

Pretty stacked card tonight and it's lived up to it's billing, so far.

Kelvin vs Story was an amazing fight.
    I went from being excited in that Shields vs Lombard fight (first round) to hoping that he never sees a title shot....He laid on top of shields and hugged him for 4 minutes....fantastic way to win a fight (Spoiler because of result)

E: Why I love fight-night wiki pages:
    Last edited by Novx; 2014-03-16 at 02:55 AM.

Holy shit what a good night of fights. These guys laid it all on the line.

Other than Condit blowing out his knee, it was a good night of fights....well, maybe sans Lombard/Shields. Still, the WW title fight delivered. WW division looking good post GSP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very solid night of fights.

Condit blowing out his knee made me cringe. I hope he recovers quickly.
    The WW division is looking amazing right now. That Von Flue chock from OSP totally caught me by surprise.

Who else thinks that Aldo would murder Mendes again?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    Who else thinks that Aldo would murder Mendes again?
    First we need to see of Nova Uniao can manage to get their fighter in on weight this time

I think it'll be a closer fight this time, Mendes is a cardio crushing machine, and we've seen Aldo fade into the later rounds. I'm still going with Aldo, but I'd be okay with Mendes getting the win. I'm a fan of both guys.

I think that Nova Uniao would be more careful this time with the weight cut due to Barao's previous failure in cutting and making weight. I'm going with Aldo by KO in the 3rd.

I am compelled to say Aldo but I feel like Mendes has a very good chance at winning as well. Sure, he got knocked out hard versus Aldo in that first fight but have you seen him then compared to now, he looks like a fucking animal. The problem with Aldo is that he doesn't bring anything new to the table, he is an extremely talented fighter but he hasn't evolved at all in recent years compared to some other champions and fighters.

What I'm trying to wrap my head around is McGregor getting a title shot ahead of Cub Swanson or Dennis Bermudez. Guess they want to cash in on Connor's hype train while it's still on the tracks.

I would like to see a Cub vs McGregor for the #1 Contender. I don't think that McGregor deserves a shot right away (at least 1 more fight) but the way he murdered Dustin...that made a statement. I know that Dennis is on a 5 or 6 fight streak but I feel like he would still fall to Aldo, Mcgregor, and Swanson.

Cub vs McGregor if Cub gets past Edgar. I don't see that happening though.

If Cub beats Edgar he should absolutely be the next in the line for a title shot. Cub's win streak and quality of opponents > McGregor's accomplishments in the UFC so far; Cub's only shortcoming is he doesn't talk trash. McGregor should be facing Lamas or Bermudez.

Cain out against Werdum, Hunt in for the interm title. Should be a good fight. Big Hunt fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Cain out against Werdum, Hunt in for the interm title. Should be a good fight. Big Hunt fan.
    I'm going to be dreaming of a Hunt title win from now until the fight happens.

The problem is, though, that the fight is short notice and at altitude. I would LOVE for Hunt to win a title, even the interim title, but he's got a lot to overcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Now there are reports of Joe Lauzon having to pull out of his bout with Diego Sanchez.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2014-10-22 at 05:29 PM.

Deleted
    Now there are reports of Joe Lauzon having to pull out of his bout with Diego Sanchez.
    And now Sanchez pulls out with a knee injury aswell. Even though I don't really fancy Sanchez he's a big draw so it's quite a big loss for the card to lose both him and Cain. But it's sold out already and I don't think Hunt - Werdum will disappoint.
    Last edited by mmoc30c0b8bf50; 2014-10-24 at 10:40 PM.