Thread: The UFC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    They have no authority over him if he isn't licensed when they ask him to take a test, which is what he's contending. Seriously, lifetime ban for a first time offender? Sonnen was a fucking criminal, AND a cheat, but still allowed to fight. NSAC is inconsistent as hell.
    I never said Sonnen wasn't a piece of shit, he was a fraud and a criminal (as you stated) but the NSAC isn't there to critique him as a person in regards to his criminal offenses or charges. They are there to make sure athletes play by the rules and I would agree that Sonnen's "sentence" was quite lenient but anyone who watched that NSAC open meeting (the video is available online) knows that he took a deal to work with the NSAC to stop illegal TRT and illegal substance abuse. On the other hand Wand decided to act like a child and make youtube videos telling the NSAC to fuck off and crying about the UFC.

It isn't like it really matters to be honest, he is under contract with the UFC regardless so he can't go fight in Bellator/WSOF/1FC/etc and he isn't going to accept any UFC fights they offer him. On the note of inconsistency? Where? They can't really be inconsistent with the first time ever dishing out this punishment considering it is the first time a fighter in that jurisdiction has been stupid enough to physically run from a drug test.

I can't help but feel like he was under some sort of licensing agreement with the NSAC if they gave him a ban. Wand isn't against playing dumb (or maybe he just is dumb?) to try and spin shit his own way.
    Last edited by Novx; 2015-01-21 at 04:37 AM.

Chael Sonnen isn't a piece of shit. He just acted like a piece of shit when fighting to promote the fight. He's actually a pretty cool dude. His podcast is great, and he was great on the JRE. Personally, I liked Chael as a fighter because he brought a new level of shit talking to the UFC. His trolling was next level. Sure, he made some questionable decisions outside of the UFC, but that happens in everyone's life.

Wandy is an idiot, he is lucky he is banned from fighting because otherwise he'd just be getting knocked out on a more regular basis, then cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Chael Sonnen isn't a piece of shit. He just acted like a piece of shit when fighting to promote the fight. He's actually a pretty cool dude. His podcast is great, and he was great on the JRE. Personally, I liked Chael as a fighter because he brought a new level of shit talking to the UFC. His trolling was next level. Sure, he made some questionable decisions outside of the UFC, but that happens in everyone's life.

Wandy is an idiot, he is lucky he is banned from fighting because otherwise he'd just be getting knocked out on a more regular basis, then cut.
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/3/...-federal-money

Money Laundering is more than a questionable decision and trolling.

Meh, I already knew about that. I don't think that makes him a piece of shit. People do way worse than launder money.

Deleted
    Chael is actually one of the most fan friendly fighters ever. His mobile number was posted on an MMA website once. Some people tried calling him and he would just shoot the shit with them for 30 min on the phone.. His MMA personality was 100% fabricated, hell ½ the stuff he said was taken directly from WWE. That´s why he was so bad at shit talking on the fly, because he didn´t have a script.

Bisping is a natural shittalker and does it on the fly without problems.

I've heard he was looking into fighting again.

Deleted
    I am so excited for this fight! I can't even handle it

Holy fuck the dude has some power. They let that go on a little long for my taste.

If he KO's Jon Jones like that I will be so happy.

Rumble is a scary, scary man. I'm continually boggled that he's the same guy who fought at WW.

Rumble is a scary, scary man. I'm continually boggled that he's the same guy who fought at WW.
    I know right. That's what I was telling my buddies when we were watching that fight. "That dude actually fought at welterweight" and they looked at me like I was crazy.

Yeah... wow. Jones is in trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    I have never been so dissapointed in my life.. But oh well. Gustafsson will come back. Stronger than ever.

Nice vs. Silva is this weekend. I don't know how Silva loses this matchup, because Nick plays into Silva's strengths when striking, but upsets certainly happen. It doesn't make sense to me that they'd give Silva another title shot with a win over a WW whose last win was in 2011, but I've given up on trying to find the logic in the match making the UFC does lately; clearly it's now more about $$$ than trying to legitimize the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I have never been so dissapointed in my life.. But oh well. Gustafsson will come back. Stronger than ever.
    I was pretty disappointed too but I like the new Rumble. Seems very humble, and has good work ethic. Really sucked seeing Gus hurt like that, physically and emotionally.

Nice vs. Silva is this weekend. I don't know how Silva loses this matchup, because Nick plays into Silva's strengths when striking, but upsets certainly happen. It doesn't make sense to me that they'd give Silva another title shot with a win over a WW whose last win was in 2011, but I've given up on trying to find the logic in the match making the UFC does lately; clearly it's now more about $$$ than trying to legitimize the sport.
    Silva isn't a WW, he's a MW. The fight is at MW. Silva has only lost to Weidman and both times were kinda crazy loses. Weird KO, and freak broken leg. I'm not convinced that Weidman is absolutely better than Anderson.

I can't remember a time Anderson has had a fight against a guy like Nick Diaz though. He's a volume puncher with decent boxing. Bad wrestling, but good jiujitsu. I think Anderson wins, but its at least interesting to me in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    I was pretty disappointed too but I like the new Rumble. Seems very humble, and has good work ethic. Really sucked seeing Gus hurt like that, physically and emotionally.

Silva isn't a WW, he's a MW. The fight is at MW. Silva has only lost to Weidman and both times were kinda crazy loses. Weird KO, and freak broken leg. I'm not convinced that Weidman is absolutely better than Anderson.

I can't remember a time Anderson has had a fight against a guy like Nick Diaz though. He's a volume puncher with decent boxing. Bad wrestling, but good jiujitsu. I think Anderson wins, but its at least interesting to me in a way.
    No shit Silva is a MW, where did I state otherwise? But how does beating a WW in Nick Diaz have any title implications at middleweight, especially with Jacare/Romero right around the corner?

Weidman soundly beat Silva both times, end of. In the first fight Silva fought like he always does, only he got caught; had it worked, people would have been singing his praises, but because it didn't it's been made out to be some kind of fluke. In the second fight his ankle broke off a checked leg kick; while the likelihood of that happening is low, it's still a possible outcome, not to mention Weidman dropped Silva while in the clinch in the first round.

They consider it a "super fight" is why. Even though its not really. GSP vs Anderson would be a super fight.

I'm glad we got Frankie vs. Aldo, while they're both in their primes. If Cruz ever stays healthy I still want to see him and Aldo go at it.

I'll certainly give Nick credit for fighting Anderson, when not even the UFC could put together Silva vs. GSP.

I really like Cruz. God I wish he was healthy. A rematch with him vs Might Mouse would be amazing. I'm not sure how a fight would go with him vs Aldo though.

It's a shame to see such a good fighter (not just as a fighter but as a person) just get fucked for basically 4 years straight. Hes still in his late 20s in pretty sure and he was at the top of the sport and he just couldn't stay healthy (or rather his knees couldn't). If nothing else he is a great analyst but I would really like to see him fight again, especially after that last mauling he gave.