Thread: The UFC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Rumble vs Tex should be fun.
    Yep. I really want Rumble to win it and face JJ (if he ends up winning, which quite honestly I'm not so sure he can beat DC in the rematch)

7+ Year Old Account
    UFC 198:

My predictions:
    Fabricio Werdum vs. Stipe Miocic (Miocic TKO 2nd round)
    Ronaldo Souza vs. Vitor Belfort (Souza TKO 1st round)
    Cris Cyborg vs. Leslie Smith (Cyborg TKO 1st round)
    Mauricio Rua vs. Corey Anderson (Anderson by decision)
    Bryan Barberena vs. Warlley Alves (Alves by rear naked choke)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McDeloud View Post
    UFC 198:

My predictions:
    Fabricio Werdum vs. Stipe Miocic (Miocic TKO 2nd round)
    Ronaldo Souza vs. Vitor Belfort (Souza TKO 1st round)
    Cris Cyborg vs. Leslie Smith (Cyborg TKO 1st round)
    Mauricio Rua vs. Corey Anderson (Anderson by decision)
    Bryan Barberena vs. Warlley Alves (Alves by rear naked choke)
    Hope you dont have money on those picks. CHances are you're only going to get one right.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Hope you dont have money on those picks. CHances are you're only going to get one right.
    Just won ~120 Euros Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Patrick Cummins! Frankly my next (and the last) bet is on Miocic.
    Cris Cyborg vs. Leslie Smith - the result is pretty obvious, but bookmakers ratio is not worth to make any bets.

awesome card tonight

Ayyyyy UFC 198 tonight. I have to find a stream. Unless it's like...on cable...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh it seems like the prerounds are on cable on FS1 but to see the actual fight you need to PPV. I guess I have to look for the live stream online.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Ayyyyy UFC 198 tonight. I have to find a stream. Unless it's like...on cable...
    Its Pay per View actually. I'd like to get a free stream and keep the money, but seems like all those streams are blocked by local providers in my country. I have no VPN, so whatever...

Kinda anticlimactic. It didn't really look like a strong punch...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stipe's short punches are one of the hardest in MMA. Those are big boys too, a punch like that from a 250 lb man isn't like a normal guys punch either. Caught him right on the button, was a very stupid sequence on Fabricio's behalf.

Guess this sets up Stipe vs Overeem sometime in the future. Maybe we will see a heavy weight defend his belt successfully more than 2 times for the first time ever? Doubt it, weight class is so volatile.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Stipe's short punches are one of the hardest in MMA. Those are big boys too, a punch like that from a 250 lb man isn't like a normal guys punch either. Caught him right on the button, was a very stupid sequence on Fabricio's behalf.

Guess this sets up Stipe vs Overeem sometime in the future. Maybe we will see a heavy weight defend his belt successfully more than 2 times for the first time ever? Doubt it, weight class is so volatile.
    Kane Velasquez lost his belt in Mexico.
    Fabricio Werdum lost his belt in Brazil.
    Stipe Miocic will lose the belt in Croatia.

Stipe is American, not Croatian.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    weidman out of 199, Jacare or Bisping replace him?

also woodley vs lawler for ufc 201 confirmed. Rather see Maia or Condit get a shot (reshot) but what can ya do.

I like Jacare, would love to see him get that shot, but what about Romero? What's his status after the doping ping in Jan?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Fuck this, really like Weidman and wanted to see the rematch. I think we're going to see Jacare vs Rockhold 2

I like Jacare, would love to see him get that shot, but what about Romero? What's his status after the doping ping in Jan?
    Usada will not let him fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Stipe is American, not Croatian.
    I think the joke is that Stipe looks like CroCop's clone.

It was found to be a tainted supplement that wasn't on their banned list. He got a 6 month suspension to plead guilty (so, one more month and it'll be time served, and he's been training in that down time anyways, so he could be back in as little as two months) and his fight result was NOT overturned. I don't think they fined him very much either. It does set an interesting precedent where some fighters might knowingly take tainted supplements to get such minor suspensions, but it's on USADA to keep their list up-to-date. This wouldn't be a problem if the FDA had regulation authority over the supplement industry. As of right now, anyone can put anything in a supplement and market it in any way they want and there's nothing the FDA can do until someone files a complaint, like Yoel Romero did.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    I think the joke is that Stipe looks like CroCop's clone.

It was found to be a tainted supplement that wasn't on their banned list. He got a 6 month suspension to plead guilty (so, one more month and it'll be time served, and he's been training in that down time anyways, so he could be back in as little as two months) and his fight result was NOT overturned. I don't think they fined him very much either. It does set an interesting precedent where some fighters might knowingly take tainted supplements to get such minor suspensions, but it's on USADA to keep their list up-to-date. This wouldn't be a problem if the FDA had regulation authority over the supplement industry. As of right now, anyone can put anything in a supplement and market it in any way they want and there's nothing the FDA can do until someone files a complaint, like Yoel Romero did.
    His family is from Croatia, but people think hes actually from there. He's from Ohio.

Whelp, looks like it will be Bisping vs Rockhold. I think Bisping will get destroyed but you never know

The fights tonight have been pretty stellar. Fighters on the main card have their work cut out for them.

Also:

Brock Lesnar close to finalizing deal to fight at UFC 200

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't know Brock Lesnar was a UFC fighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.