Thread: The UFC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Working in a bar where we play every event for free. I don't expect it to be busy. We have our regular fans that come in for every UFC event. But I don't expect it to be busy at all. Which is strange, the non-main events seem to be better than the actual main event.
    I tend to go to hooters or stream for free. Hooters was 40% cap, which is normal for a saturday night. Half the staff was cut by 11, most of the rest shortly after main event. My date for after got cut early, so I'm pretty ok with the shit PPV.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing catch up on this season of TUF and Cody Garbrandt is incredibly repulsive. He's such an exciting fighter to watch but his personality...oof. Maybe he's just playing the heel for the show but something tells me he really is that angry and repetitive.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A couple of really great fights last night. Kinda sad when UFC on Fox is drawing more competitive matches than the last few PPVs. Refs sketchy as always though.
    BAD WOLF

I had the UFC matches on last night but it ended like super early so I missed most of it.

They kept mentioning Long Island. Like, you can just fucking say New York.

- - - Updated - - -

Next weekend is Jones vs. Cormier 2 btw!#.[jd0ewjfreufj0423-2 HYPE. I'm more hyped for that than McGregor and Mayweather.

No training injuries or petrol station dick pills consumed either. Ju jitsu jones is gona be impossible to beat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    No training injuries or petrol station dick pills consumed either. Ju jitsu jones is gona be impossible to beat
    In b4 he gets injured, arrested, or murdered prior to the fight for leading the sketchiest life ever.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    In b4 he gets injured, arrested, or murdered prior to the fight for leading the sketchiest life ever.
    Or all of the above.

I loved the interviews. "is there going to be any respect after.... starting with Bones" "Fuck DC." DC straight faced then busts up. The lead up to these things always entertains me more than the actual fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Greatness cannot be tamed. Like Mike tyson hes a shit storm waiting to consume you

Hold this shit.

That video is gonna hold the UFC 214 Weigh in, tomorrow night at 8 PM. I wanna fucking see it. I'm not gonna forget to watch it this time. >:O One of you better bump the thread when it's happening.

i just wonder how many times he'll "accidentally" poke cormier in the eye?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Jon jones to win by TKO or submission in 4th or 5th round

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i just wonder how many times he'll "accidentally" poke cormier in the eye?
    It's probably better than taking several kicks to the nuts from Cheick Kongo. Pretty sure he sent both of Cro Cop's in to his throat by the time the fight was finished.

Dirty fighters really grind my gears. If they have a history for doing that shit then it should be an immediate DQ.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    It's probably better than taking several kicks to the nuts from Cheick Kongo. Pretty sure he sent both of Cro Cop's in to his throat by the time the fight was finished.

Dirty fighters really grind my gears. If they have a history for doing that shit then it should be an immediate DQ.
    he does this shit in this fight with cormier, he should just flat out get banned for fucking up a huge fight. he's done it repeatedly enough that it's clear it's not an accident.

Idk guys, when I saw a ghetto version of DC vs. Jones 1, it seemed like Jones poking DC in the eye was an accident, not intended...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Idk guys, when I saw a ghetto version of DC vs. Jones 1, it seemed like Jones poking DC in the eye was an accident, not intended...
    i mean, to be fair, the guys have the exact opposite body guild. being so long and lanky while cormier is short and stocky, maybe it is easy to accidentally poke someone sometimes.

but jones does it with regularity. there's a point where you just have to call it. even if it's all accidents and he literally can't stop, then he just doesn't need to be in the octagon anymore.

???????????? What the fuck is this:

Did we miss the weigh-ins or not?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh. Evidently

The early weigh-ins, which preceded the day’s ceremonial affair, took place at the UFC host hotel in Anaheim, Calif. The UFC 214 ceremonial weigh-ins take place at 8 p.m. ET at Honda Center in Anaheim, the same venue that hosts Saturday’s pay-per-view event.
    They do the real weigh-ins in the morning, and in a while when we watch the stream, it's just for show. I didn't know that. I was pissed off for a second there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling however this goes, we're going to disappointed. Either Jones gets laid on all match and loses ugly or he wrecks Cormier and it's not even interesting. I don't think this is going to be a fight for the ages.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah I think DC retires tonight regardless of the outcome.

Fight starts at 10. I'll prob sit at desktop and find a stream. (As opposed to setting up a stream on my laptop in the living room.)