Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    On my main tanking, dps strugles to keep up
    On my dps alt i have to use great selfcontrole not to start pulling like i would as tank
    Somewhere in the middle is the ideal way I suppose

edit: one fun thing to do with deathgrippeing dk's as paladin: HoP him and watch him stand there with his d**k in his hands like an idiot
    Last edited by mmoc7fbde501d1; 2011-10-28 at 02:50 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    The art of it is subtle because you don't want to aggravate anyone that doesn't deserve it. First of all, you do not immediately taunt off such a guy, that's clearly the problem. It's like rewarding a little kid that does a mistake by always correcting it yourself. No, you will have to let him take some damage. But here's the delicate thing. You don't want to kill the healer or anyone else. So, you must be ready to either taunt off the healer or agree with the healer with an alternative course of action. In an ideal situation what's going on is that you let the dps go to 10% to 1% health without damaging anyone else in the group. It's like a punishment without being Capital yet. For the first or 2nd offense it's probably ideal not to kill the dps. But if the person appears to be a jackass, it might be optimal to let him die and not res at all. That's pretty cool. Leaving someone behind dead that did something nasty is probably the best thing that usually happens in such instances.

Then there's kick. But it might not work if you want to go fast (because of the 'too soon after combat'). Also he may pull on purpose to avoid that specifically, or too many kicks may have occurred etc.
    Learn 2 tank better.

What kind of tank is losing aggro to DPS ? A tank who needs to learn to pull better threat.

What kind of tank is purposely letting adds beat on DPS ? A bad tank who you dont want in your 5-man and/or raid

What kind of tank needs to step up their game and stop under performing ? You.

Maybe you have fun acting that way, but if you played your class better, pulled proper threat you'd never have any of these problems. There's lots of tanks out there that never have these problems cause they do their job well.
    Last edited by rated; 2011-10-28 at 02:50 PM.

Yeah, my rule is you pull, you tank. But dont pls dont go afk between pulls...

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Excuse me?!? Who exactly do you think you are? Who exactly gave you authority to decide how I should behave, and as to whether or not I should help others learn their roles and responsibilities better? You gave it to yourself? Sorry, that's not an authority figure I recognize.

You talk about "us" not being the center of the universe? Pot, meet kettle! Your whole post reeks of "I am in a position to tell YOOOOUUUU what to do". So until you take a good look in the mirror and get off your high horses, I don't see you having any business whatsoever dictating anyone else's behaviour.
    This post reaks of angsty teenager.

<Infracted>
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2011-10-28 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Impexio View Post
    1. Blizzard gave you a taunt button for a reason...

2. Stop crying and start holding aggro, why should us DPS need to slow down because the tanks are too stupid to hold aggro.

3. Seriously all the tanks need to do is attack the mob and hold aggro, it's us DPS who have the hard job of killing them.

DPS Job - maintain a high DPS using a good rotation and popping cooldowns etc and mana management

Tank Job - Switch to a tanking stance - spam some buttons - generate threat

Healer Job - Click some raid frames using a 3rd party addon

Who has the hardest job?

Seriously, learn to tank and you won;t lose aggro
    Cause spamming 12345 is very hard amirite? I play a Dps feral druid and an enhance sham so I don't want to hear it.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

At the end of the day, you can tell if it's acceptable like this.

If you're doing something that 3 other people in the group don't like, whether you think you are right or not, you will be removed from it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    If DPS are running ahead of you and pulling mobs, then you need to pull faster.
    If DPS are pulling agro off of you, you need to tank better.

I never have problems with the DPS because I keep a good pace and I'm good at my job.
    This. It will never happen if you keep the pace.

Really depends on who's pulling threat and why. For instance I tank on my dk, before threat going to 5x, I held my tongue with frost dk's and warriors pulled threat. Now even with the 5x buff, when I run on my mage (who has dragonwrath) I can pull off most tanks in a boss fight, but I tell the tank at the beginning of the run that i'm going to pull serious threat and apologize for it in advance.

Now when i was on my DK and a dps consistently attacks the wrong target and gets aggro? Not only will I let that asshole die, I will keep the healer locked in combat so he can't get a rez. It's all about respect, show the tank respect by attacking the right target/apologizing in advance if you know for a fact you are going to pull as much threat as most tanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wutinthebutt View Post
    This post reaks of angsty teenager.
    Point being?

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorguy View Post
    Dont worry you'll have all the time to complain in MoP. I dont have the link but they said they wanted Heroic Dungeons to be the same difficulty as in WotLK which measn as a Fury Warrior i can tank things without a problem no need for a slow tank just need warm bodys that every so often throw out dps. Enjoy MoP if it comes to that because i do .
    Re-read it, they said length likened to wotlks dungeons

Difficulty =/= to length.

10+ Year Old Account
    you tank you spank it

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually queue with a healer who's offspec is tank. So when we get into a run where dps rush off (sometimes mid pull no less) and aggro a ton of crap, we will absolutely let it kill them. I liken it to eating food. I'm already chewing some, only to have some asshole shove a spoon in my mouth and say HAY EAT DIS TOO! No.

I'm a merciless chainpuller. I don't take 1min marking, or discussing. I zone in, say hello, and I start pulling. If I get someone who thinks they're going to dictate how much I need to do/handle, well, they're going to die often.

Deleted
    I tank alot in randoms. Most the time I outgear the dps, so it isn't a problem. I usually set the pace and decide when and what to CC and it works 90% of the time.

If a DD pulls on purpose I usually taunt one or two times. But if he does it again I just write "you've pulled it, you'll tank it" and keep the mobs of the rest of the group.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just watch them die all the time.
    Just don't move and pretend u were afk.

your probably a slow tank.. no one wants to take 40 min in an instance cause the tank has to ask, RDY? after every pull
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Pull faster.
    And this is why there is a shortage of tanks....people like this. My brother and I play a tank/healer team( FULL BoA ) @ lvl 69 atm. We pull sooo many adds @ a time the dps AoEs them down.........................and STILL you get some DPS that pulls?!?!?!??

It is people like this that is killing WoW....sad but true
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    If DPS are running ahead of you and pulling mobs, then you need to pull faster.
    If DPS are pulling agro off of you, you need to tank better.

I never have problems with the DPS because I keep a good pace and I'm good at my job.
    If you've got 3 trash packs on you and the dps runs ahead and pulls the boss, does that mean im not pulling fast not or does it mean the dps is being a dick?
    rather than killing the shit I have aggro on, hes pulling so much more that the healer will not be able to keep up and thus result in a wipe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorguy View Post
    Dont worry you'll have all the time to complain in MoP. I dont have the link but they said they wanted Heroic Dungeons to be the same difficulty as in WotLK which measn as a Fury Warrior i can tank things without a problem no need for a slow tank just need warm bodys that every so often throw out dps. Enjoy MoP if it comes to that because i do .
    People like you are the reason dungeon queues are so long and the reason there are so few tanks hope it works out for you because if we're headed back wrath heroics with idiot dps then no tank worth anything is going to bother queueing so yea hope your right and you can tank as fury

To all those saying l2 tank better or faster, it's not always that simple and your prime example of dps nabs tbh. As a tank the first thing u do is check out the healers gear if it's good and the dps can keep up with numbers then yes I chain pull and we have a nice fast run. If the healers gear ain't so good I take it slow and if the dps decide to run ahead and pull while the healer is drinking I let them die. Not worth the time or effort to save them after all there showing no respect for the healer or me so why should I bother showing them any consideration.
    Last edited by mmoc27998aed0b; 2011-10-28 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    Pull faster if the healer can keep up.
    If he can't, let the dps die.
    If it's the healer who's pulling, you're the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy1346 View Post
    no one wants to take 40 min in an instance cause the tank has to ask, RDY? after every pull
    The way I do it is .. 1 Rdy check @ the start of the instance, will only stop when i see, or someone /oom other than that there is NO REASON to stop pulling i've got things to do, and i'm sure @ least 3 of the 4 remaining members of the party has stuff to do.