Deleted

Disc priest - WOL vs Skada

Hi All, not sure if this is the right place for this post but was wondering if other disc priests have faced similar issues.

I use Skada for tracking healing logs and had max hps on there (23k+) but was 3rd on wol (with 17.5k or so) for Baleroc HC recently. Not sure why there is such a discrepancy and if I need to make some tweaks to options or something.

Would really appreciate some input.

thanks !
    Nuk

Deleted
    I might be wrong, but I think WOL bases its ranking on effective healing ((total healing-overheal)/time) while skada and recount only show HPS.
    So as long as you overheal, your addon and wol will always be different. Especially on Baleroc since you overheal so much.

When I use to track progress on WoL, it always was pretty accurate.
    i'll leave my jerk comments out of this one and let someone else do them

Skada hps tracks your HPS value over a very small window, rather than averaged over the whole fight. WoL basically takes your total healing done over the fight averaged over the fight length. Especially for fights like Bale, where you're periodically healing in very large spikes, short-term HPS and average HPS are going to differ greatly.

Exactly, if you have a tank with really high dodge and they often dodge a Decimation Blade and you miss out on all that healing and over heal him your logs will be very different than a tank with less than great gear who gets hit by each blade and their priest get all that healing done.

Logs are just logs.. and can be interpreted very different if you don't know the details of the actual fight and how the numbers are calculated. If you down the boss than you did good =]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    I might be wrong, but I think WOL bases its ranking on effective healing ((total healing-overheal)/time) while skada and recount only show HPS.
    So as long as you overheal, your addon and wol will always be different. Especially on Baleroc since you overheal so much.
    Yeah, this guy's right. You can use recount or skada's absorbs+healing meters to get a general idea of your healing but really WoL is the way to get the best idea of how you perform over the course of a fight, seeing as addons don't take HPM/overhealing etc into account and don't do the same maths as WoL does to reach it's numbers.

Deleted
    cool...thanks all for input (and also for leaving out the jerk comments !)

Deleted
    Skada still uses guessed absorbs so it can miscredit other healer's absorb to you (and vice versa). I've seen it lump most of my DA onto our paladin a number of times. WoL actually tracks absorbs correctly so you should use that for adjusting of rotations and suchlike.