Poll: Do you care about lore?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Post How many people actually care about lore/story?

Personally I don't care about lore or the story. I've been playing since late vanilla and none of the stories have ever intrigued me. I'm just here to kill bosses and pvp. I'd have made a poll but I don't think I can yet. Maybe if someone would the results to my question would be better understood.
    Last edited by Woa; 2011-10-28 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Thanks whoever added the poll.

I care about lore.

Deleted
    Poll needed and lore is important. Lich King wouldn't be as epic as he is without his lore.

I find my self caring more about Lore on Forums and in articles rather than inside the game.

where is poll?
    but i care alot...
    not 10 char ^^

Yea, I do care about the lore.

I care about the lore, if it wasnt for it I wouldnt be playing this game, I got to WoW because of WCIII.

10+ Year Old Account
    I care about the lore and story so much as they don't leave things hanging without intention of continuing them. For example, I don't like how the Ozumat fight ended. It would have been cool to follow that up in a dungeon or raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Well the numerous left off stories from W3 is what keeps me primarily interested in wow lore so yeah.

It's the only reason I'm not playing a different MMO. I was invested in the Warcraft universe since I was a kid. As far as I'm concerned other games like Rift have throw-away stories without the history to make them interesting.

Unfortunately the longer WoW goes on, the more the storyline starts to feel disconnected. Without a major story-based game like Warcraft 4 to reel in more lore, I feel like WoW will eventually become unrecognizable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how you would stick to a game like this for so long if the lore didn't interest you at least a little bit. The rich story and characters from Warcraft is one of the things that really sets WoW apart from the pack for me.

I was literally just thinking of making a thread entitled "Am I the only one that doesn't care about story?". Heh heh

I couldn't care less why these bosses are there, i just want to kill them and take their loot.

Also, i get SO PISSED when you can't skip cutscenes...in ANY game, console or PC. Resident Evil 4 made me so mad because not only could you not skip a lot of the cutscenes, but you also had to pay attention and react DURING them...

10+ Year Old Account
    I care very much about lore. It gives me a sense of scale when I'm doing raids other than I just want the shiny thing at the end.

Deleted
    I've played this game since release and I know very little about the lore, and i don't care

Deleted
    Lore sometimes interests me, but im that kinda guy that have never really read a quest text, nor have I bought books.
    With that said, old gods and the titans is really interesting to me, so i've read quite a bit on the wiki.

But as of now im just trying to crave in as much lore about the pandas and the monk class because, it interest me.

I care to some extent, I would want things in the game that actually made sense instead of throwing stuff that was completely irrelevant.

15+ Year Old Account
    The story is one of the reasons I have a hard time letting go.

Not read any of the books though. That's too heavy for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I care about lore. I care about it so much that if it were a desperate woman I would try to marry her.

10+ Year Old Account
    I care.

If there was no lore, we'd be amorphous blobs hitting other amorphous blobs for no particular reason.

That'd get boring.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I do care about it.