Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealist View Post
    Thanks for the responses everyone - very helpful. If anyone else has any thoughts please post them. We had already killed Chogall on heroic so I was thinking Al'Akir would have been next, but it looks like Nef or even Ascendant Council would be a better idea to start out on.

Our comp is:

Tanks - Paladin, Druid
    Healers - Druid, Paladin, Shaman
    DPS - Mage/Warrior/Rogue/Priest/Warlock
    Take the word from a raidleader who has done the same thing (we were 7/13 pre-firelands).
    Difficulty is as follows: Al'Akir (killed him in 1.5 evenings, p1 is the hardest and you push it within 2 wind bursts now) - Nefarian (If you have a solid tank kiter, this won't take you very long either) - Ascendant Council/Sinestra equal amount of attempts to understand mechanics I reckon, didn't kill these yet but tried both.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd put most of T11 heroics on the same level, with Council and Sinestra above it. Council is easier than Sinestra just because there's less to worry about in P2 while kiting the frost orbs than there are in P3 of Sinestra with kiting the shadow orbs. P1 council is faster now so you have to worry less about debuffs, and P2 is all about not getting hit with a frost orb, and the P3 dps race is gone. The dps race parts of Sinestra aren't really there either, since its easy now to get only 1 wrack (thus being able to save BL for P3 when the buff runs out) and the buff will run out much lower in P3 so you shouldn't really spend any time in P3 without either the buff or BL. Sinestra is still hectic though (for healers, which has always had the hardest job on that fight by far) in P3 so it takes some getting used to, but its not that bad at all anymore. The other thing that makes Sinestra more difficult than other T11 fights is that people don't know it. Sure, there are new mechanics on Council, and Al'Akir hits harder, but you've done those fights plenty of times and are familiar with them, which is not the case for anyone working on Sinestra for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    Yeah we kinda thought so too and it's true to some extent. Altho, while trying to figure out what was going on, our mage was using stuff like blink / mirror images when targeted by the orb when we were having wipe-attempts and sometimes using mirror images worked, sometimes not. Blink seemed to bug them out most of the times but not always. Even when he didn't use any of those abilities, it sometimes followed our holy paladin even tho it "targeted" our mage.

I also got one orb on me as a tank after the original target died, and I also got the first Wrack one time (don't know if it does spec-detection for ferals based on their current form instead of talents, would be kinda stupid if it did since there's no point in having 2 tanks for like the first 20% of the fight.)
    Blink has never once bugged it out for me, in T11 or recently either. Mirror Images will always cause it to mess up though, as would hitting Invis while its on you. If you avoid either of those then you shouldn't have a problem.

You don't want to use Blink right away anyway, because that makes it harder to position the orb as your partner is running on their path. You should just kite it normally and use blink to get back into the group after you've made your semi-circle and are on your way back.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sinestra was by far the hardest for 10 man groups back when it was current content, and I'd still rate it the hardest t11 boss, followed by Ascendant Council. Although the dps checks are long gone, they still require concentrated play due to mechanics. Al'akir and Nefarian shouldn't pose much of a challenge nowadays.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    The other thing to keep in mind is that you can go ahead and four-heal Al'akir and Nefarian if you are having problems.
    Once we went to four-healing Al'akir it became trivial for us.
    Nefarian was still a bit of a problem because there are still wipe mechanics like the pillar knockback and if you screw up kiting in Phase 3.
    Cho'gall isn't too hard but you need a solid group; one week we tried to do it with 2 ranged and it just wasn't happening, then we swapped in another mage and it went down easily.
    Ascendant Council I've only bothered to do once. We struggled with phase 2 for a while, and the first attempt that we made it cleanly into phase 3 it died. Phase 2 we just needed to be very vocal in vent to call out where things where and what buffs to have.
    Sinestra took a few days of practice. Now we are to the point where we one or two shot it every week.

So if I were to rate them, I'd say Cho'gall is easiest, then Al'akir, then Nefarian (mainly because it's so annoying), then Ascendant Council, and finally Sinestra.