Thread: Pandaren Mount

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pandaren Mount

Please don't make the Pandaren run on all fours. Rather then that I think they should have an Ox mount, or maybe a tiger mount. The models are already created and either one preferably the Ox would fit great with the China theme.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A turtle is the frontrunner around the office.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'm really excited. I've always wanted a Turtle mount ever since I saw the Tuskarr riding them around. I farmed so long for the Sea Turtle, but it's a shame it's only normal movement speed. I would consider a race change or if the mounts are available to other races.

Turtles wouldn't be too bad, but they seem too slow for a mount. I certainly don't want to see pandas riding pandas, so here are some ideas I have.

ground / flying
    caterpillar / moth or butterfly (the colors on these would be amazing)
    komodo dragon / flying serpent (like a ryu or whatever those long skinny dragons are called)
    bicycle (peddle bikes) / hot air balloon
    unicorn / pegasus
    donkey (although I could see their hee-haw'ing becoming quite annoying) /?
    elephants (ya they've been done, but they would fit) /?
    ?/ giant eagle (the eagle would swoop in and carry you, you wouldn't ride it)
    ?/ hang glider
    *edit for more ideas*
    mongoose / crane (both would need some beefing up to support Pandaren though)

Let's get some feedback on these and more ideas plz. Help Blizz get it right!
    Last edited by Tob; 2011-10-29 at 01:10 PM. Reason: more ideas

Yaks with a wagon behind it where the pandas sit.
    Flying it would be cool with a cloud or a dragon.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

It has to be a turtle!

Deleted
    Can't wait to ride my White Polar Bear as a Pandaren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tob View Post
    Turtles wouldn't be too bad, but they seem too slow for a mount. I certainly don't want to see pandas riding pandas, so here are some ideas I have.

ground / flying
    caterpillar / moth or butterfly (the colors on these would be amazing)
    komodo dragon / flying serpent (like a ryu or whatever those long skinny dragons are called)
    bicycle (peddle bikes) / hot air balloon
    unicorn / pegasus
    donkey (although I could see their hee-haw'ing becoming quite annoying) /?
    elephants (ya they've been done, but they would fit) /?
    ?/ giant eagle (the eagle would swoop in and carry you, you wouldn't ride it)
    ?/ hang glider
    *edit for more ideas*
    mongoose / crane (both would need some beefing up to support Pandaren though)

Let's get some feedback on these and more ideas plz. Help Blizz get it right!
    What have you been smoking?

"King Varian, you wish to make war on my people!? You shall have your war, human. You will see the fury of the Horde rage through your cities. You will see your throne split in two! This I swear!" -Thrall, patch 4.2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neoscorpio View Post
    I'm more concerned about adding flying. I can never tell if they mean a literal racial flying mount, or just something you buy at exhalted with the neutral Pandaren faction at 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not a ki-rin type mount? Anyone remember the cover of Oriental Adventures?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/47113880@N00/261062340/
    Last edited by ESeregon; 2011-10-29 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Added link

Quote Originally Posted by neoscorpio View Post
    lol I guess that was a little out there. For some reason, my mind went to "they'll have this ground mount... and then later they'll have this flying mount". But ya flying mounts haven't been race dependent before and riding a grub around for 60 levels before 'upgrading' to a moth (which anyone can get) is dumb.

So throwing out flying mounts from the discussion... Komodo dragon is probably my best ground mount idea.

Still, for future flying mounts, I wouldn't mind seeing a personal hot air balloon or hang glider (maybe engi only?), or being swept off by a giant eagle that you call.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tob View Post
    lol I guess that was a little out there. For some reason, my mind went to "they'll have this ground mount... and then later they'll have this flying mount". But ya flying mounts haven't been race dependent before and riding a grub around for 60 levels before 'upgrading' to a moth (which anyone can get) is dumb.

So throwing out flying mounts from the discussion... Komodo dragon is probably my best ground mount idea.

Still, for future flying mounts, I wouldn't mind seeing a personal hot air balloon or hang glider (maybe engi only?), or being swept off by a giant eagle that you call.
    I do think they will have a Pandaren flying mount. But not in the sense that it's designed for the players. It'll be sold at exhalted with the neutral pandaren faction at level 90.

Deleted
    Liked the ki-rin idea. I wonder if fu dogs and boars have been considered too.
    Flying mount, some sorta celestial dragon makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beer barrel with 4 wheels. oh yes.

Deleted
    Yes, as others stated, it should be a big turtle with a unique model.

Deleted
    Turtle is fair enough but they are notoriously slow on land. Unless they plan on strapping fireworks to its tail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by duskDiamond View Post
    Turtle is fair enough but they are notoriously slow on land. Unless they plan on strapping fireworks to its tail.
    Epic mount, right there.

Please PLEASE let it be a hot air balloon... that would be awesome as flying mount.

As ground mount... hmm... Ki-rin or a giant caterpillar would be good yes.

Definitely not a dragon or dragon like being.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Deleted
    I think they'll use turtles, since it apparently is the most popular choice in the office from what I've read. I hope that it'll be the turtle. A yak or kirin would be awesome too!

Deleted
    I want that Yak that they show pulling a cart in Pandaria (or wandering isle, excuse me, discworld)