How viable is not having a holy pally in 10m

Are there any glaring issues with it? Ours might be having work conflicts soon, and that would leave us with priest / druid / shaman as our healers. I would assume the priest would be best suited going holy for tank healing.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

disc is better for tank healing then holy. and no i dont see any issues without having a holy pally.

on a side note, do you often use 3 healers? most fights, even on heroic, are much simpler with only 2 healers.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    disc is better for tank healing then holy. and no i dont see any issues without having a holy pally.

on a side note, do you often use 3 healers? most fights, even on heroic, are much simpler with only 2 healers.
    We're currently 2 healing all the hard modes except Shannox and Baleroc. Shannox because it's just easier to roll with 3 in case shit hits the fan for some dumb reason, and we have no problems beating the absurdly easy enrage timer. Baleroc on the other hand pretty much requires 3 healers for us because we 1 tank it.

Thing is, one of those 2 healers is always the pally. I'm just concerned about not having aura mastery and big single target heals. Especially on Baleroc.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    2 Healing makes all the fights easier ive found, espcially on herioc modes. Personally resto druid + anything works.

But there nerfed so much you can take any 2 tbh, we did 6/7 herioc on alts last week with 2 holy pala's.

Deleted
    My group have 2 healed all 10 man heroic bosses so far (shannox, LR, Alys, domo) with the setup of Disc priest / Resto druid, this week I actually ended up going shadow for alys because we had no other viable people to send up so we had our shaman ( ex third healer ) go healing so our Druid and Shaman 2 healed alysrazor.

tbh with 10 mans even though I am the designated tank healer I tend to heal the raid equally as much because the tanks generally don't take that much damage. To have a pally who would mainly focus on healing the tanks and generally in my experience most holy pallys tend to stick with only that job would mean more stress on the raid healer and a less viable/stable raid over all.

So imo the question should ask How viable is it to have a holy pally in 10m instead of not having one.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Baleroc on the other hand pretty much requires 3 healers for us because we 1 tank it.
    We have been 2 healing and single tanking him since we started trying to get him down on heroic ( 2 weeks ish about 20 wipes ), I have actually being considering single healing it after one of our tries last week I solo tank healed till we wiped at 35% ( debuff shard issues ) I had 90 stacks of the heal buff and my raid healer a Druid had 129 stacks he assisted during decimation blade but I don't believe it was needed, If heal buff stacking goes well at the start of the fight then staying ahead of the damage is pretty easy. I wish I could say the same for the dps mechanic.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2011-10-29 at 06:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    put it this way. 65% of the top WoL rankings are druids. 30% is paladin. 5% is other lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    put it this way. 65% of the top WoL rankings are druids. 30% is paladin. 5% is other lol.
    World of logs rankings for healing is based on hps for the most part Pallys and Druids are mostly stuck in raid positions where they can pull off the most amount of hps vs other classes who are usually just there for backup (reverts back to the mentality of a raid being viable without a pally). Also numbers can be inflated easily to gain a higher rating, like say solo healing beth normal and sending no one up top.

Either way hps aside I believe any group of any healer setup would be viable in T12 raids well as long as they are spec-ed for the job.

Deleted
    We have the exact same problem. Our Paladin healer is missing and we are healing with a druid and a priest and an ele shaman that can switch to resto.
    This was actually not a big problem at all. We 2-heal: Shannox, Alys, Rhyo and we 3-heal: beth, bale and majordomo (but baleroc will soon be 2 healed).

If you got a priest that can switch between disc and holy, this is certainly not a problem at all.

we have not yet had a holy pala in our raid, and we've cleared it all both normal and HC

Deleted
    We've never had a holy paladin in our raid group and we've cleared the content, so no it shouldn't be a problem.
    we use resto shaman & druid, the druid mostly aoe healing with hots on tanks which they're pretty amazing at, and then the shaman taking care of most of the tank healing but obviously it's 10man so all targets are free etc.

it works really good, only fight we change the setup on is Baleroc where we usually have me go holy instead of the resto druid, or just 3 heal it as the enrage timer is nonexistant for us (again with me going holy as we odn't have an actual 3rd healer)

We've 2 healed through all the heroics with 2 Priests (1 Disc 1 Holy) so I think you can manage.

The only bummer is that noone will use all that holy plate that drops... hope you have a pally in the raid. Our pally tank has a healing offset with a higher ilvl than all of our healers bar one.

Disc priests and resto shams are both more than adequate replacement tank healers (if required)... and druids can do everything better than everyone else... so nothing to worry about.
    Ilam - <Gardian> | Wiping with Benefits - Frostmourne US - armory

yes you can manage but no other healer can heal the tank as good as a holy pally and a good one can both raid heal and tank heal, come 4.3 pallies will be good at raid healing also and with all the cds and utility they have not having a pally while not absolutly essential will make things easier.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Deleted
    as long as you have a pally somewhere in your roster losing one as a healer shouldn't be an issue raidbuffs/auras wise