Can't get into RBG's...

Before anyone accuses this of being a QQ thread, I want to say, this is most definitely a QQ thread.

So Ret paladin seems to have a horrific reputation. Every group spamming in trade for DPS for RBG's gives me the same response. "Sorry man, Ret Paladins just suck". Got my rating to 1745 now, and it hasn't moved in a LONG time. I haven't done an RBG in months. And I can't even figure out where this whole bad reputation came from. In an RBG, Ret Paladins are practically GODS. All my weaknesses? Covered. Sucks being the only melee that can't snare, but who cares when there are 38 other snares on the guy I'm attacking anyways? Total bullshit. I can't get into a group no matter the MMR that they ask for. 1100+? "Sorry man, everyone knows ret paladins suck" 1500+? "Reroll warrior" 1700+ "I know your rating isn't that high". Blargh. My most sincere hope for 5.0 is that Ret Paladins get VIEWED as viable by the community. I could have a button to 1-shot the entire team and still noone would take me for an RBG because they "know" Ret paladins are useless.

So any other Ret's out there have similar problems with RBG's? Life was good when i had a solid group, but since it broke up, I think I've done 2 RBG's...

we ran a ret paladin to over 2.2k.
    Couldn't possibly be a player skill issue?
    Or perhaps we jsut had a group that realised the potential a ret brings, and made good use of it.

alot of the problems come with lower level tier play, where players just have no idea on how to play a RBG to be honest.
    try forming groups with a couple of friends/guildies that realise what ret bring, and utilise it.
    There's no point trying to tell someone something else, when they already have their mind made up about it. 99% of the time, those people are wrong anyway
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2011-10-29 at 06:20 AM.

Couldn't possibly be a player skill issue?
    Player skill is a legitimate argument for lack of re-invites, not for inability to even join a pug As far as the friend/guildie option, I'd have an open spot if I showed up at 5am my time. I'm a bit of a night owl, but that's late even for me. lol. And seriously, Ret Paladin isn't bad at all in RBG's, but most groups just recoil in terror at the thought of bringing one. /sigh. I'm just venting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Have to say I agree with the OP, ret is quite alright in RBG's when played right, the community at large just doesn't trust them yet. (maybe they find it too hard to keep track of weather blizzard is buffing or nerfing us to hell.)

The only real concern I have had as far as RBG's go is we still suffer very heavily from dispel issues & its made worse by the fact so many more people are potentially there to dispel our buffs/debuffs.
    Other then that however the large scale team play greatly lessens the weakness we have with kiting because of the lack of snares.
    Last edited by zcks; 2011-10-29 at 10:33 AM.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Ret may be viable in a RBG, but so are any other melee dps classes who offer more. The only reason you'd really want a ret the majority of the time is for off heals.