Poll: How will people communicate using LFRaid in 4.3?

LFRaid and In-Game VoIP

Do you think the "Looking for Raid" system in patch 4.3 will encourage people to start using WoW's in-game voice chat? I know almost no one who uses it currently, but it seems like once 4.3 comes out it's either use in-game voice, or get used to spamming vent info whenever anyone joins the group.

What do you think will happen?
    Last edited by rkma; 2011-10-29 at 08:52 AM.

Deleted
    I used the ingame voice chat back in Vanilla but don't know anyone who uses it at all now. I don't know whether or not people will be willing to share their Vent with random pugs, nor do I know if the random pugs would even wanna log on. Then there's the people who've never even used Vent before and therefore don't have it installed, don't think they will be installing it for LFR tbh.

But my guess is, that the raids will probably be easy enough to do without Vent. Anyways, I don't see the ingame voice function come into use.

I had the displeasure of trying the in-game VoIP when it first released, and it was just such a terrible experience that I would rather spend $10-$15 per month for vent, etc. People already spam VoIP info for pugs, if needed, and unless the in-game system has vastly improved, I don't see many bothering to use it. How many people even knew that there is in-game VoIP available?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo89 View Post
    I had the displeasure of trying the in-game VoIP when it first released, and it was just such a terrible experience that I would rather spend $10-$15 per month for vent, etc. People already spam VoIP info for pugs, if needed, and unless the in-game system has vastly improved, I don't see many bothering to use it. How many people even knew that there is in-game VoIP available?
    The in-game system is better now than it was during BC, but it's still hard to find and configure, which might be a deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    I used the ingame voice chat back in Vanilla but don't know anyone who uses it at all now. I don't know whether or not people will be willing to share their Vent with random pugs, nor do I know if the random pugs would even wanna log on. Then there's the people who've never even used Vent before and therefore don't have it installed, don't think they will be installing it for LFR tbh.

But my guess is, that the raids will probably be easy enough to do without Vent. Anyways, I don't see the ingame voice function come into use.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but the ingame voice chat was not added until mid TBC

Deleted
    Hmm then I remember wrong. I just remember that I started using it, when it was just out. Thought that was Vanilla - not that it really matters or burst any bubble for me. Anyways it doesn't really change anything in my previous post Sylf, but thank you for your oh so wise post^^

NO NO NO NO NO! NO! NO! NO!

Imagine being on a voice chat with random people. A paradise for morons, dickheads and assholes, since it'd be unmoderated.

Wouldn't touch it with a ten feet pole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but the ingame voice chat was not added until mid TBC
    late TBC i thought, mini-patch right before sunwell?

anyway, on topic, if the quality wasnt piss poor i would be using it in game as well.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    Yeah the quality plus the fact that you can have random people being idiots and you can't IP ban them like on Vent/Mumble/TS.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Yeah the quality plus the fact that you can have random people being idiots and you can't IP ban them like on Vent/Mumble/TS.
    You can kick them out of the raid group, which would have the same effect at least as far as LFR is concerned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama View Post
    You can kick them out of the raid group, which would have the same effect at least as far as LFR is concerned.
    Yeah true but without going off topic, the Vote to Kick system seems to have some flaws on the PTR. Imagine you have a group of people who only joins the LFR to grief. They keep being idiots in the voice chat and nobody can kick them since they aren't afk in the raid and since they joined as a group.

All I'm saying is that the ingame voice function has no ways of preventing abuse (unless it got changed).