10+ Year Old Account

Hp Touchsmart efficency

Hey guys glad youre reading this ive been saving a long time and finnaly have enough money to upgrade my very bad laptop. Now im certainly not a comp expert but have found this all in one i really like but before i get it i was wondering if some of you could check it so idont waste my money lol. It looks great but i just dont wanna find out that it hasnt got something thats crucial to wow you know. Im hopefully looking to play wow on ultra and gw2 normally with out any lag.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/nz/en...6-5156774.html

Heres the link and already ty im really looking foward to this and i just really need your guys help

Get a custom built rig.. with the money you'll spend for that HP you'll get double the performance on a normal one.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

What's your budget? I doubt that computer is nearly as good as whatever you could build.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty weak for gaming. Check this thread to find the system that suits your budget and needs!

Deleted
    I'd be more worried about your limitations when it comes to actualy increasing things such as graphics, the machine dosn't really let itself for upgradablity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys tyvm well i have at maxium around 2.2k. I am not looking to build because well i really havent. Got the time nor the experience. I live in NZ and im not looking to order outside the country and for me i really want and need it to be a all in one pc. Dont worry about upgrading because that seriously dosent matter to me much and i wouldnt have the money. If you have any other ideas tht fit this very small specifactions (i do apoligize) then i would love some suggestions. Ty

Deleted
    I went searching how much it costs ( that hp )

its an AMD A8-3800 ( 2.4 )
    2x 4 GB 1333 MHz
    radeon HD 6550A

it costs about 2200€

it's an overkill . You'll be glad you posted on this forum , since you'll get a much better pc with lower price.

I advice you to go to the Computer build help and post there stating your budget and the things you want from that pc.

For now just forget that hp , since it's horrible for it's price !

You can go to a computer store near you ( or some of them ) with the specs people give and ask them to assemble the pc for you , so don't worry if you don't want to assemble it yourself.

As I'm not from NZ I'm completely lost in what options you have , maybe you'll get another user from new zealand that can help you out.
    Last edited by mmocda69302ff9; 2011-10-29 at 08:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi there i seriously can not build a comp atm and for really reasons i dont want mention i would much rather just find a already made all in one. I really thought this one looked good for the money i have but you guys know alot better than i do. If you can find me a good already made comp for at the max 2.2k then i can probably get it here. Tyvm for the input

Deleted
    Ok lets hope some new zealand user roams this way and can direct you to a good buy

don't worry it shoudn't take long I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha no im just saing if you find a comp in the US chances are i can fimd one here

You can buy a decent alienware pc for that price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSerialSniper View Post
    No.

I found a New zealandish ( i think?) website making custom built pc's and here it is: http://www.spannerbox.co.nz/build/BYOgaming1.php

With monitor: 21.5 ing LG Flat Screen
    case: antec 300
    No mouse and keyboard
    DVD-reader: standard
    CPU: Core i5 2500k
    RAM: 4GB DDR3-1333
    Harddrive: 1TB Harddrive, the prices bumped due to the flooding
    Graphics card: GTX 560 ti

Grand Total (Inc GST):
    $2309.05
    Total without 1080p monitor: 2028$

This rig will blow HP touchsmart so much it will go back to stoneage.
    Last edited by inux94; 2011-10-30 at 02:35 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm i will take a look at that tyvm

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, that HP is incredibly weak for gaming. Even though WoW isn't a very graphically intensive game, you still wouldn't be able to run ultra on that thing.

If you don't feel comfortable building a PC yourself (now-a-days it's very easy, anybody can easily build their own rig), then your best bet is to find a NZ equivalent of cyberpower.com/ibuypower.com and have them build you one. Whatever you do, don't waste your money on that Touchsmart crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSerialSniper View Post
    Don't ever buy allienware !!! it's really overpriced !!

the setup inux94 is much better than the hp one , but it's still overpriced.

for a 1200$ case you should get minimum:

i5 2500k + non stock cooler
    4Gb DDR3
    1Tb HDD
    P67 or Z68 mobo
    radeon HD 6950

, that 560 Ti ( I have it and love it ) it's too low for the budget he's asking.

Come on , someone must know a NZ shop , even if you make a custom rig , you only need to make it with all the parts from the same shop , so you can ask them to assemble and deliver it .

edit : check your private messages hadrone
    Last edited by mmocda69302ff9; 2011-10-30 at 05:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok well the obvious thing im getting is that its completly useless but i wouldnt mind a explanation why. I dont really mean "because it wont upgrade easily" i more want a " its not gonna run because this processor is far out of date" the sites you have shown me look great. Thing is it has actually been bought for me and if i can run wow on a mates out of date mac at just below ultra then wont this? Ty for youre inout tho

Also i dont seem to have any messages

Edit: yeh message arrived ty
    Last edited by Hadrone; 2011-10-30 at 06:09 AM.

Deleted
    np I hope you have fun , and yes it should run wow perfectly

It's an A8 3800 APU with CPU performance that is likely similar to that of an Athlon II X4 631 or 635. It uses the integrated GPU similar to the HD 6550. The GPU is probably fine for running WoW on low-med settings, but the processing power of the CPU is where the unit will likely fall short since WoW is more CPU dependent. I wouldn't expect anything amazing, but you should be able to play. If you're doing 25man raids, you may have to run graphical settings at the lower end of the spectrum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok update

Computer turned up and its amazung. Wow ultra no worries and runs my new battlefield 3 on ultra with no lag at all. Grapgics is amazing and im really happy with it ty