Page 1 of 2
LastLast

i3 2100 & Gts 450

How would this setup perform in wow? It's a swedish site but http://www.inet.se/artikel/1517092/t...gts450-i3-2100
    1680x1050 btw

Deleted
    450 is shit. it w/ 670€(6000sek) you could get a i5 2500k hd6870 build unless the €/SEK difference is huge in parts

edit: it will run wow tho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by heenksa33 View Post
    How would this setup perform in wow? It's a swedish site but http://www.inet.se/artikel/1517092/t...gts450-i3-2100
    1680x1050 btw
    Don't expect to run at ultra, but you ought to run it high with medium shadows at alright resolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Don't expect to run at ultra, but you ought to run it high with medium shadows at alright resolutions.
    Okay.. And btw, What exactly is this hyper thread thingy or w/e it's called?

It's definitely not what I'd spend 6 000:- on, in my eyes it's definitely overpriced (mostly because stuff I don't want or need is included in the price tag). I've a list on komplett.se I intend to buy before Christmas, and it's much more powerful, for roughly the same price (the recent HDD price changes bumps it up by another ~1 000:-). The main differences are that you get (yet another) copy of Windows, enough extra stuff to install to bloat your computer for life, and not as detailed information on the components. For instance, inet lists 1x PCI 16x slot on the motherboard, a PCI-E GPU that is included, and that there's 1x PCI 16x slot free. 1-1=1. No idea what model the motherboard is, but a quick google on the chipset says the h67 doesn't allow OC's (like p67 does). It should be a non-issue if you don't intend to overclock.

About gaming performance, it should be enough to run any game you wish to play. But don't expect to max current titles out. I'd wager somewhere around Medium settings, with some (or a lot) of eye candy turned on, or maybe High settings with no eye candy. I make this judgement according to how the CPU+GPU benches compared to my hardware, and what I'd expect if I went down from 1920x1080. So, I might not be exactly spot on, but I do expect to be in the general ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    One of the comments on that page says the guy plays WoW on Ultra without any problems. However, I have to concur with this quote, don't expect to play on Ultra, unless you only do questing or level up alts in zones where there are no people ( = definitely not Ultra for raiding).

Deleted
    http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/1057159/better
    That's what I'd get if my budget was around 6K
    You would have to build it yourself and get your OS through other means though
    Last edited by mmocc22da12227; 2011-10-29 at 01:10 PM.

Okay, thanks for zeh help ;-)

---------- Post added 2011-10-29 at 04:24 PM ----------

Anyways, Really how bad is Gts 450? :P I assume it's better then my current 9400 gt
    Last edited by heenksa33; 2011-10-29 at 02:51 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The GTS450 is a generation old GPU now which is already replaced and will be two generations old as of next year. It is definitely better than the 9400GT. If you game at 1680x1050 or lower this card will truck along just fine in games. In WoW you will be able to play in Ultra for most settings but you would want to keep AA at 2X or lower and AF at 2X or lower. You will also want to have shadows on low or just turned off out right. Outside of what I have mentioned the card is just fine.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I decided to look around a bit, and could get it slightly different.
    For only 102:- more, you can get Z68 chipset, which is newer, at the cost of some RAM, but 4gb is enough for gaming anyway.
    I also managed to upgrade the 460 from another poster to a 560, which is slightly faster.
    I also threw in another case that looks cooler, but thats just a matter of taste.

Only thing staying the same is that you would still have to build it yourself, and get the OS in another way.
    This setup is close to what im currently using.
    Only difference is im using 560Ti which costs a bit more, and is a bit faster, and a 120gb Corsair Force 3 Series SSD instead of the 500gb HDD, but 2x 500gb Seagate Barracuda HDDs in Raid0 for storage and 8gb RAM. Payed up towards 7500:- for my system.
    So the system you linked is too overpriced for what you are actually getting. You can get away with a better computer that costs less, while still being able to get a legal copy of Windows 7 (Home Premium 64bit).

This is the build i came up with: http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/1058067/better
    Note: No OS, and you have to build it yourself. Guides are up on Youtube, and you will have a manual.

I think that linking a build without an OS is a horrible idea either way.
    I'd say the comp the OP linked will suffice for his needs, when taking budget and resolution into account

Some people in this thread are being negative nancies :P
    The 450 is fine especially since you're not even at 1080p res. You should have high settings (with low/med shadows) no problem.
    For a prebuilt that's a reasonably priced pc, you won't get a much better deal without building it yourself.
    If that's all your budget allows then go for it, you'll be happy with that purchase.
    Just be aware that with higher intensity games you will need to turn settings down, but nothing should be completely unplayable on it for a few years at least.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Sounds good Thanks for all the answers

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    The GTS450 is a generation old GPU now which is already replaced and will be two generations old as of next year. It is definitely better than the 9400GT. If you game at 1680x1050 or lower this card will truck along just fine in games. In WoW you will be able to play in Ultra for most settings but you would want to keep AA at 2X or lower and AF at 2X or lower. You will also want to have shadows on low or just turned off out right. Outside of what I have mentioned the card is just fine.
    What are those " AA at 2X or lower and AF at 2X " Thingys btw? :P

What are those " AA at 2X or lower and AF at 2X " Thingys btw? :P
    antialiasing and ansiotropic filtering, respectively.
    AA smooths out edges so they don't look pixely. AF is harder to explain... but it makes things in the game world look better when they're at an angle. Higher levels of AA/AF (x2, x4, x8, x16) have a stronger effect, but put more stress on the gpu.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

http://www.komplett.se/k/ci.aspx?sku=10520 Just released a new comp, Wich I assume would be alot better, and for the same price..

http://www.komplett.se/k/ci.aspx?sku=10520 Just released a new comp, Wich I assume would be alot better, and for the same price..
    It is.
    However, it doesn't have a harddrive. So you're only getting it shipped with a 60GB SSD. I suggest you harvest an old harddrive if you have one.

Yeah I noticed that :P

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 09:29 PM ----------

Tbh, I would really Cba to fix a new HDD and atm I dont got the money for a new, how big is the difference from that and the 1 from inet?

Big enough. But you're sure you don't have an old one to reuse? The harddrives are VERY expensive atm, can easily cost half of what you want your computer to cost.

Okay, Would you , or any1 else mind to fix a good comp @ http://www.inet.se/ using the Montering och test av dator med valfria komponenter + Windows 7 64 bit installed. Would be awesome For around 6k btw

My old card (ASUS GTS 450 DirectCU TOP) could easily run WoW on Ultra at 55-60 fps.
    o bby

curseforummoderatorscansuckadick