Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

New PVP Warzone - Voidstar

BW just announced a new pvp warzone - Voidstar : http://www.oldrepublic.net/201-voids...-revealed.html
    Seems like a strategy warzone, what you guys think ?

Deleted
    I can't say I like it, although the idea, at its core is ok i guess. Also the trailer seems a little dull, doesn't make too much justice to the warzone I believe

Looks pretty basic in terms of strategy, but I'd assume that the actual experience will be soemwhat hectic.

Reminds me of an objective based scenario from Unreal Tournament. Looks very fun.

I like that BioWare's engine allows for alot of different types of gameplay & special effects / events / animations.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Warzone looks to be EPIC! Will for sure be a favorite of mine. The objective is to prevent your enemy from doing something while doing it first yourself. It makes for teamwork battles, which to me is the more entertaining type of PvP. The PvP of TOR has me just as excited as the PvE. They have done an amazing job on everything so far that I have seen and I am just giddy waiting to try them out.

Deleted
    Cant wait...
    Do you think they gonna make a Open Beta any time soon ?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post
    Cant wait...
    Do you think they gonna make a Open Beta any time soon ?
    According to their quarterly call they just did hundreds of thousands of people will be beta invited here soon. So as close to an open beta as possible here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    According to their quarterly call they just did hundreds of thousands of people will be beta invited here soon. So as close to an open beta as possible here soon.
    there won't be any Open Beta, they said that numerous times and I doubt this will change now

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vexx View Post
    there won't be any Open Beta, they said that numerous times and I doubt this will change now
    which as you notice I said AS CLOSE to an open beta as we will get. I did not claim it was an open beta. Please read what I write :P

yeah Voidstar seems kinda of fun but is just a version of SotA without siege vehicles while Alderaan is another AB. Huttball is the only really good Warzone IMO
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-29 at 11:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say I love the look of the Voidstar, can't decide if I like the looks of this or Huttball better. Should be pretty epic and hectic as all hell once people start figuring out tactics.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

Deleted
    Strand of the Ancients without vehicles. Well, same concept I reckon.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    yeah Voidstar is kinda of fun but is just a version of SotA without siege vehicles while Alderaan is another AB. Huttball is the only really good Warzone IMO
    allot depends on how the maps are laid out too. While they can have the same types of mechanics they can be totally different with map and node placement.

It seems that they are trying to make PvP as something more involving than having endless PvP farming. I wonder if this will be fast paced. Anyway, some people will find it good but others who just enjoy unlimited pawning might not like it.
    But i like their PvP ideas so far.

Yes the void star is basically SOTA, but I'm happy that there are no shitty vehicles to mess around with, making it a pure player-controlled defense game
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Those warzones are all nice and stuff; however, I'd like to see a warzone just with pvp, no objectives, no nothing, just kill the enemy till their tickets get to zero.

<Snip> NDA
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-29 at 11:07 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev12 View Post
    Those warzones are all nice and stuff; however, I'd like to see a warzone just with pvp, no objectives, no nothing, just kill the enemy till their tickets get to zero.
    They have PvP zones for that no? Some zones are just a pvp warzone for slashing and killing!

Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    They have PvP zones for that no? Some zones are just a pvp warzone for slashing and killing!
    Not really its same as wow pvp. Player are free to just fly around on their speeder. Theres no pvp warzone you can queue up beside the 3 that where mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop giving ancedotes of your beta experiences.
    Stop breaking the NDA.

(This is in regards to every thread on this site, not just this thread)

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net