Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    link the blog you are referring to 'coz i just went through all the blog posts about the redesign and none of them show the pic i was questioning.
    http://www.arena.net/blog/kristen-pe...ng-the-sylvari has the pic you were questioning

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

everytime i see a sylvari, it just reminds me of :

Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    The Sylvari are good because they are an original idea. People want new stuff in this genre which just adds the same stuff that other game had but just gives it a new face to suit their needs.
    i don't see any originality in plant people, not if they're meant to remain in humanoid shape 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    everytime i see a sylvari, it just reminds me of :

i don't see any originality in plant people, not if they're meant to remain in humanoid shape 100% of the time.
    I agree, people using the originality card, obviously haven't seen the plant-like humanoids in other fictions before.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    i see why people are mistaken, the person i quoted changed the the image in question, hahaha. it was an old one from the races video of '09 well before the redesign.
    Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!!!

Guild Wars 2: Odeezee (Necromancer) || TERA: Odeezee (Archer-Ret) || SWTOR: Odeezee (Sith Inquisitor-Ret/Jedi Sage-Ret) || GW: Odeezee Fosho (Elementalist-Ret)
    Aion: Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret), ODZ (Spirit Master-Ret) || War
    : Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret) || AoC: Odeezee (Demonologist-Ret) || WoW: Odeezee (Druid-Ret), Thaone (Mage-Ret)

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I agree, people using the originality card, obviously haven't seen the plant-like humanoids in other fictions before.
    People are confusing creativity with originality. Plant people aren't new or original. ANet is however being rather creative with theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    People are confusing creativity with originality. Plant people aren't new or original. ANet is however being rather creative with theirs.
    putting leaves instead of hairs and branch/wood texture over the skin isn't that much creative either i believe.

imo they're just too much human-like to be qualified of creative, design-wise.

putting leaves instead of hairs and branch/wood texture over the skin isn't that much creative either i believe.

imo they're just too much human-like to be qualified of creative, design-wise.
    They take human shape because that is what is familiar; however, the central creativity behind sylvari is their lore and place in Tyria, not necessarily their look.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Chances are I won't be playing GW2, but to me they just seem like they'll be the Blood Elves of it; the designers have gone overboard with the aesthetics and created some seemingly "perfect" race of elves who are the very archetypes of all that is pure and good in the world.
    The first thing I remember about the world — and I pray that it may be the last — is that I was a stranger in it.” - Malcolm Muggeridge, Apologia pro vita sua (1968)

"Creative" is not limited to their physical appearance only.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    They take human shape because that is what is familiar; however, the central creativity behind sylvari is their lore and place in Tyria, not necessarily their look.
    "Creative" is not limited to their physical appearance only.
    i don't mind their lore, but as far as this goes, i'm far more bothered by their looks as everyone may have guessed.

i don't mind their lore, but as far as this goes, i'm far more bothered by their looks as everyone may have guessed.
    I still don't quite get why...there's like...one other game from WAY back when(not accounting for P&P games) that has plant-like people. Sure they're elvish, they live in a forest, they're pretty...by that logic, a lot of things are elvish.

Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    I still don't quite get why...there's like...one other game from WAY back when(not accounting for P&P games) that has plant-like people. Sure they're elvish, they live in a forest, they're pretty...by that logic, a lot of things are elvish.
    Orcs/Orks in Warhammer/Warhammer 40k are fungus/plant mutants. No joke.

http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wik...n_Reproduction
    Last edited by Mighty Blue Bear; 2011-11-08 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    Orcs/Orks in Warhammer/Warhammer 40k are fungus/plant mutants. No joke.

http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wik...n_Reproduction
    Yeah I know actually, but aside from fungus only qualifying as plants on a basic level, I think the Orks are significantly different enough to not warrant comparison.