Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by possibilities View Post
    Ok thanks for enlighting me on the buyable slots. Still, as you surely know, the stories of a each races are not set in stone. Your initial biography choices matter and probably other stuff you choose along the way will influence what your personal story will be. That means there will be way more than 5 personal stories to go through. Plus, id like to be able to play and master all of the 8 professions.

So that means that in order to enjoy the full game (multiple personal stories per race, playing/trying/mastering all 8 professions) i still need to pay 50% or more than what i paid initially (if game costs 60$ and 3 character slots costs 10$ each). That is my where my displeasure comes from.

I understand it's no really big deal to pay 30$, but having, say, 20 character slots initially wouldn't be much harder for Arenanet to implement. (WoW has 50 slots)

I don't see any reason to actually defend having only 5 slots. It seems it's like that only because Guild Wars 1 was like that.
    But Guild Wars 2 isn't built or designed like WoW. In WoW your characters get the same story every time, in Guild Wars 2 you wont, each is different, and Guild Wars 2 wants you to experience and have fun with the whole game on each character, instead of just power level to cap then get ready to raid. Also, you won't have to spend the extra 30 dollars all at once, you can prolong that for as long as you want, so you play through with your first five, then buy a sixth slot, play through that, buy a seventh, and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by possibilities View Post
    How can 5 slots be enough when there's 8 professions... Requiring us to delete characters in order to enjoy all the game is pretty stupid.
    You don't pay a subscription fee. So if you want more, buy them, buying one is less then one month of WoW.

---------- Post added 2011-10-31 at 07:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    But Guild Wars 2 isn't built or designed like WoW. In WoW your characters get the same story every time, in Guild Wars 2 you wont, each is different, and Guild Wars 2 wants you to experience and have fun with the whole game on each character, instead of just power level to cap then get ready to raid. Also, you won't have to spend the extra 30 dollars all at once, you can prolong that for as long as you want, so you play through with your first five, then buy a sixth slot, play through that, buy a seventh, and so on.
    Yup, indeed. I do understand people want to chose differently sometimes when they're not sure if they chose right and want to see other side as well, but saying that it's not ok to pay for more slots when you don't pay monthly is a bit much.

Who cares? I'll spend whatever it costs to cover all 8 professions!

Yeah we'll just have to wait and find out... speculation pointed to 5, (one of each race) but official word from ANet is "still working out the details."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    Hopefully enough to play one of each profession.
    One can only hope. If not, that means that we would need a server for our mains and a server for our "fun" characters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    One can only hope. If not, that means that we would need a server for our mains and a server for our "fun" characters?
    If they go with 5 slots, that would be per account and not per server.

Deleted
    Your main is not for ''fun''?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostrider:

What I mean is my main is the toon I play on and try to progress with the best gear and overall the most serious about. A "fun" character would be a toon I made to just have fun with, or I cannot take seriously enough to be my main. For example, a Syl Engineer who only uses a flamethrower. While it will be fun to use, it will not be a toon I would play with for hours on end. My Guardian, for example, I will heavily use for both "raids" and pvp encounters (WvWvW, I believe in this game).

Fern:

Ah, okay. If that is how it works, then they should have at least one for each class; maybe one or two extra in-case new classes get released.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Again, you'll always be able to buy the slots you need for a most likely very forgivable price (for play time you can get out of them).

And Speedy, remember that GW2 won't be as limiting with gear between mains and alts. Getting the "best" gear statwise will be fairly easy so you'll far more easily be able two eaqually geared characters (or more) and play which ever you want for the specific content, instead of being locked to that one character that vastly outgears your others.

Deleted
    Ghostrider:

What I mean is my main is the toon I play on and try to progress with the best gear and overall the most serious about. A "fun" character would be a toon I made to just have fun with, or I cannot take seriously enough to be my main. For example, a Syl Engineer who only uses a flamethrower. While it will be fun to use, it will not be a toon I would play with for hours on end. My Guardian, for example, I will heavily use for both "raids" and pvp encounters (WvWvW, I believe in this game).

Fern:

Ah, okay. If that is how it works, then they should have at least one for each class; maybe one or two extra in-case new classes get released.
    There will be enough slots for every class. If I'm not mistaken you start out with 5 with the option to buy an additional 5, which is plenty for 8 professions. Don't know if this has been confirmed yet. And Im sure they will add 1-2 slots when/if they add new professions/races as well. So you don't have to worry about not being able to play a certain profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    And Speedy, remember that GW2 won't be as limiting with gear between mains and alts. Getting the "best" gear statwise will be fairly easy so you'll far more easily be able two eaqually geared characters (or more) and play which ever you want for the specific content, instead of being locked to that one character that vastly outgears your others.
    And hence, you also won't need a ''pvp engineer'' and a ''pve engineer'' or something like that.