Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    The Lightbringer Uzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moravia
    Posts
    3,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    I disagree - I can't imagine people are really so heartless as to easily kill someone just because it benefits you.

    I do understand the reasoning on why people might find the Jedi boring and cold, living without emotion just following the code, but I dont understand either the appeal of choosing someone that takes pleasure from causing others pain.
    Yes people are. While Star Wars is taking place in the distant future with extremely developed technologies, the wars are led in rather medieval ways - in a brutal, unfair and unhuman ways. Anyway, see what the west does now in it's wars - throw bombs everywhere, shoot here and there, they kill thousands, but these are "necessary losses for the greater goal of spreading democracy". It's not even really that different nowadays, think about it. The Sith are simply more realistic, the Jedi are an utopia.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    While Star Wars is taking place in the distant future with extremely developed technologies, the wars are led in rather medieval ways - in a brutal, unfair and unhuman ways.
    ..... Star Wars is a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, it says so right in the first 10 seconds.

  3. #23
    personally I like the Sith Code Better then Jedi Code. The Jedi Code seems to be too controlling while the Sith talks about setting me free from the chains of humanity.

    Jedi Code:
    There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    (There is no chaos, there is harmony.)(*)
    There is no death, there is the Force.

    Sith Code:
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

    Oh and even with me liking the sith code more I'm still going to go Smugglar. Go Go Space Cowboy.

  4. #24
    Biased opinion: I've been playing females since Quake II and that's because of the fallacy (Whether it's true or not) of the hit-boxes being smaller. Ever-since than, I've grown attached to female character, smaller = better in game play and I hate most male counter parts since they are just meat heads with a body that can't think for themselves in appearance. I love mean looking girls as well, especially the ones who are good looking and more curvy; which seems to the appealing concept of many MMO's now-a-days. Oh well; I'll sucker into sith.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    ..... Star Wars is a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, it says so right in the first 10 seconds.
    Lol, was my instant thought exactly XD


    Quote Originally Posted by beNN View Post
    I do not promote pedophilia, however I find the Pedobear character to be amusing and funny.

  6. #26
    Bloodsail Admiral Reluctant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,088
    The sith feel like a more free people they follow their emotions and do what they want. The random killing for silly reasons ppl bring up isn't accepted in sith culture.
    the jedi feel less human and more like robots with everyone having the same mindset and acting like their way is the only right way and holding the republic above all.

    Doesn't prevent me from making a bad ass smugler at one point to

  7. #27
    The Lightbringer Uzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moravia
    Posts
    3,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    ..... Star Wars is a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, it says so right in the first 10 seconds.
    Silly me!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintphoenix View Post
    You know what, i was gonna reply to what you said but as it seems like you just want to argue with everything people have to say I'm just gonna leave you to your aggression. you are not worth trying to carry a conversation on with
    You, the one that posted here attacking me for no reason, and I am the one with an aggression issue? I have not been aggressive, I've been clear, civil and explained myself. There is no aggression here.


    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Yes people are. While Star Wars is taking place in the distant future with extremely developed technologies, the wars are led in rather medieval ways - in a brutal, unfair and unhuman ways. Anyway, see what the west does now in it's wars - throw bombs everywhere, shoot here and there, they kill thousands, but these are "necessary losses for the greater goal of spreading democracy". It's not even really that different nowadays, think about it. The Sith are simply more realistic, the Jedi are an utopia.
    I like to believe that people are generally good natured and they do bad things due to the circumstances they are put in. Of course, there are bad people, however I believe that most people would prefer not to go around killing and maiming people just because it benefits you - while we do still have many wars, I don't believe that the average soldier is just out there because they enjoy killing. The Sith, however, do enjoy killing, they kill their masters and succeed them, they are extremely cruel, they're the sort of people that could commit genecide and be happy about it - I don't think there are many people out there that would be like that.

    So ultimately, I wonder why people I imagine must have at least a couple of things in common with me (play video games, like star wars) would find the idea of playing a character that wouldn't hesitate to do the most evil of things fun?

    I'm not talking about killing for survival, or anything else to maintain your survival, I'm talking about doing these things just because you can, because you care so little for Human life that you would casually kill for a few credits. I can't imagine the general population would kill their co-workers to get a promotion, for instance.



    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    The sith feel like a more free people they follow their emotions and do what they want. The random killing for silly reasons ppl bring up isn't accepted in sith culture.
    the jedi feel less human and more like robots with everyone having the same mindset and acting like their way is the only right way and holding the republic above all.

    Doesn't prevent me from making a bad ass smugler at one point to
    Just look at the movies, the poor guy fails to do his job properly, he's apologising..and oh.. wait.. force choke, bye. Seems a little extreme. Pretty sure officers don't kill people in the military if they make a mistake.




    Ultimately I think the Sith are just self-centered and selfish, they care only for themselves and will do anything they can for personal gain, even if that means the death of entire people. Fuck, they blew up Alderaan just to fuck Leia off.
    Last edited by Raeli; 2011-10-30 at 07:39 AM.

  9. #29
    Dreadlord Rainec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    Posts
    816
    iv always found liking the good, pure side in fiction overated
    the villains always seemed cooler

    keeping in mind, im not in the beta, movies example:

    Jedi: lets almost all of us carry green/blue lightsabers and wield the force!

    Sith:
    double sided lightsabers!!
    curved lightsaber handle!
    force choke and lightning!
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Rainec

  10. #30
    I am Murloc! Nienniora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    5,161
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    That's like asking why Horde is more popular than Alliance. It's for much the same reasons.
    More popular? hum you might want to base that on real info since that's very wrong.
    Last i checked 55% of players were Alliance and the rest (45%) were horde.

    Il probably play each class, but my main will stay a Sith assassin. Anyway, I needed my rogue type character and i didnt want to go with a counselor.. :x Cosmetic-wise sith armor look better in my taste.
    Last edited by Nienniora; 2011-10-30 at 07:59 AM.

  11. #31
    You can't deny the Horde has a far more rabid fan base (what was the alliance motto again, have mercy?). Not to mention Blizz, despite everything they would have you believe otherwise, does have a favoritism to the horde over alliance in WoW.

    Back on topic, main reason I want to be Sith is because having played Alliance on WoW (which definitely wasn't by choice, I'd be horde in a heartbeat if the people I knew weren't alliance when I started), it sucks to be the good guys. Sometimes it's just more fun to help burn down the galaxy and civilization, things you don't get the fun option for in real life. Granted, I'll end up making a Jedi toon as well (as a star wars fan in general, I like both sides), but if it's my choice, Sith will be the main.

  12. #32
    The Patient creedster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    214
    Han Solo is the most badass guy in Star Wars and he's a good guy.
    Creedster

  13. #33
    First of all, the sith do not believe in good and evil, where I agree, everyone thinks they are "good" anyway, even terrorists who blow up trains, buildings and airplanes or warmongers who attack other countries for oil, its stupid to call yourself good and others evil. nothing "good" can ever come from that.

    so the sith do not sit around and enjoy and have a good time feeling "evil" they do not even care about that, they care about emotions, they care about their freedom, they care about being strong and improving they weak, or if they dont want to be stronger and freem themselves or even try to bind others (like the jedi), destroy them. thats even more obvious later when the rule of two comes in place.

    and secondly, the game SWTOR allows you to be a "light side" sith/bounty hunter/agent anyway, so theres no reason to like or dislike the empire because you think they're too much darkside.

    I personally think you should be able to use the force for your benefit, and throwing lightning beats throwing junk anytime.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    First of all, the sith do not believe in good and evil
    Good and evil is all relative to the observer anyway.

  15. #35
    Stood in the Fire Rickarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    424
    I think the problem you're having OP, is that you're assuming all Sith are like the Empire from the movies. The comparison is not unlike someone thinking that all Muslims are like Al Queda. The Empire were evil extremists, when there were only a very small number of Sith left. Darth Maul, Count Dukuu (not sure if I spelled that correctly), and Anakin all were directly being manipulated by Palpatine, who was extremely power hungry and truly evil.

    TOR is set far before the time of Palpatine afaik, so you can't assume that they will be anything near as evil as the Empire from the movies.

    If I know BioWare like I think I do, as a Jedi or a Sith, you will still have moral choices to be "good" or "evil".

    As for why I think Sith would possibly be more popular, its a lot of things, obviously, as others have stated, a lot of it comes from already knowing a lot about the Jedi from the movies/games/show/books/etc, and a lot of it comes from the emotion/freedom of the Sith. I also think it has to do with aesthetics. People tend to like the darker, more "bad ass" look for their characters in games, and compacted onto that, some people may prefer the look of the Sith ships.

    Plus, Force Lightning.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    Other than the Bounty Hunter, which is without a doubt cooler than the Trooper counterpart




    Say what now?

  17. #37
    Force Lightning - it's pink. Not so bad ass :P

    Also, I am talking about the Sith here, and not the Empire as a whole - I realise there would be lots of Non-Sith who simply grew up there or were just there, and not necessarily evil, however the Sith themselves and their ideals, which don't appear to ever really change.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintphoenix View Post
    Please don't post your opinion as fact as the trooper in polls on the OFFICIAL website is shown to be extremely popular. And i will be playing a Trooper Vanguard/Shieldspec at launch, the BH was fun but i found both the JK and SI to be more fun, i was the beta 2 weekends ago and the BH was my least fav of the 3 i played
    I find it interesting that you found the BH boring yet you are planning on playing the trooper. Considering they are mirrors with the exception of story and aesthetics.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo89 View Post
    I find it interesting that you found the BH boring yet you are planning on playing the trooper. Considering they are mirrors with the exception of story and aesthetics.
    They are, but they obviously have different animations, and I'm reckoning that the Story is a big part of it. I mean for me, it's just they seem cooler, I mean, Jet Packs and Flamethrowers!

    Though I am going to be playing a Trooper, they certainly seem cool no doubt, I just think Bounty Hunters are cooler, but I want to be Republic too so ^.^

  20. #40
    Stood in the Fire Rickarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    Force Lightning - it's pink. Not so bad ass :P

    Also, I am talking about the Sith here, and not the Empire as a whole - I realise there would be lots of Non-Sith who simply grew up there or were just there, and not necessarily evil, however the Sith themselves and their ideals, which don't appear to ever really change.
    The issue is, there really hasn't been a big enough sample of Sith to state with certainty, what their ideals as a whole are. Throughout the movies there are 4 Sith, Palpatine, Maul, Dukuu, Anakin/Vader. That's it. You don't really get any idea of what type of person Darth Maul really is outside of being Palpatine's apprentice. Dukuu is more or less just fed up with the Jedi, and is more evil in the sense that he is opposing the "good guys" in the movie. Anakin does everything out of love, and once he becomes Vader, he is more or less being controlled by Palpatine. Palpatine is the only person in the movies who is qualified to teach someone to become a Sith Lord, and he has his own agenda, and HE is the reason those specific Sith do so many evil things.

    What also has to be taken into consideration is that the Sith in the movies are the last of their kind, they have been completely exterminated by the Jedi, and more or less forced into a corner. That does not make what they did any less wrong, but it makes it less of "pointless evil."

    The Sith during TOR are not in that situation. At that point, they're "morally grey". Choosing to play as a Sith will not force you to be an evil character, just like choosing to be a Jedi won't force you to be a goody two-shoes. Remember, this is BioWare, they're all about making moral choices, and choosing to be a friendly, upstanding Sith is very likely to be an option.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •