Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

The appeal of the Sith?

I'm just wondering, perhaps it's just a feeling, but there seems to be a favouring of the Sith for people's choices of characters. Other than the Bounty Hunter, which is without a doubt cooler than the Trooper counterpart, I don't see the appeal of them. So I'm curious, why do you want to be Sith instead of a part of the Republic?

10+ Year Old Account
    People have their own opinions, I like Sith more just because they're the villains tbh

People like the dark, broody, badass, evil characters more than the noble characters, generally speaking.

I found out as much as I want to know about the republic in the movies but I find the sith to be much more mysterious and I want to know more about it.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaninchen View Post
    I found out as much as I want to know about the republic in the movies but I find the sith to be much more mysterious and I want to know more about it.
    yeah I intend to have some republic toons as well but so little is known about the sith that I really want to explore that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    People like the dark, broody, badass, evil characters more than the noble characters, generally speaking.
    this and a thousand times this.

People feel the need to play the "bad" guy, because they think it makes them look cooler.

Im honestly more of a good guy player, even though Im a horde player, but then again, factions in wow arent good and evil like the ones in star wars are for example.

But yeah, if Im playing SWTOR, will prob only try a trial, I'll def be republic, I want to feel like Im actually helping people :P not strangling their mom to death cus she mad a bad curry soup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    I'm just wondering, perhaps it's just a feeling, but there seems to be a favouring of the Sith for people's choices of characters. Other than the Bounty Hunter, which is without a doubt cooler than the Trooper counterpart, I don't see the appeal of them. So I'm curious, why do you want to be Sith instead of a part of the Republic?
    That's like asking why Horde is more popular than Alliance. It's for much the same reasons.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Please don't post your opinion as fact as the trooper in polls on the OFFICIAL website is shown to be extremely popular. And i will be playing a Trooper Vanguard/Shieldspec at launch. <Snip> NDA
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-30 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    People feel the need to play the "bad" guy, because they think it makes them look cooler.
    Wait, so if I play the "good" guy, then I WILL be cooler?

hehe, just poking at you, your wording makes it seem like you refuse to play the "bad" side cause all the posers will play it to look cool...which some will, but that's not the main selling point.

I'm rolling Empire, mainly cause my guild playing there will also be Empire. No skin off my back, the Imperial Agent looks like the most wickedly awesome class of the bunch. I say all you force users are just over hyping the lightsabers.

And just so I'm clear, if I were to play Republic as a main, I'd totally pick trooper...I'd love a mini-gun blaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Saintphoenix View Post
    Please don't post your opinion as fact as the trooper in polls on the OFFICIAL website is shown to be extremely popular. And i will be playing one at launch, <Snip>
    I didn't say it was a fact, it's clearly an opinion. Read the next part, I was saying I see the appeal of Bounty Hunters because I think they are cooler than Troopers, but I don't see the appeal of the other Sith classes - or I should clarify, it's not that I don't see the appeal, I just don't see how they appeal "more" than the Republic classes, and I was curious, so I asked.

There is no need to be rude or attack me for asking a simple question.

I should also point out as an aside, I will be playing a Trooper Vanguard, as me and my friends are going Republic, and I will be perfectly happy to do so, they are cool for sure, but I do like Bounty Hunters better.

I should also point out that your opinion is breaking NDA since you aren't allowed to post opinions about content under NDA.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    People have their own opinions
    I know, that's why I'm asking
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-30 at 02:21 PM.

I didn't say it was a fact, it's clearly an opinion. Read the next part, I was saying I see the appeal of Bounty Hunters because I think they are cooler than Troopers, but I don't see the appeal of the other Sith classes - or I should clarify, it's not that I don't see the appeal, I just don't see how they appeal "more" than the Republic classes, and I was curious, so I asked.

I should also point out as an aside, I will be playing a Trooper Vanguard, as me and my friends are going Republic, and I will be perfectly happy to do so, they are cool for sure, but I do like Bounty Hunters better.
    I think the answer to your question lies in between the lines of his response.

You: like bounty hunter, don't understand the other ones.
    He: doesn't like bounty hunter, doesn't understand you.

Point is: Different strokes for different folks. I suppose a better question to ask us all is "What traits of 'xxxx' class appeals to you". You would get reasonable answers as to WHY people like those classes, without others jumping down your throat.
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

it's not 'to be cooler' it's the fact that it's a bit different. in nearly every single RPG you always save the world or are the generic 'good guy', being the 'bad guys' is just a different approach.
    this game sucks

Like some have said, we've seen the Republic in the movies, now we can try to see the world of Star Wars from a Sith POV. Also, me being mostly a melee and swordfighting kinda guy, I feel the Jedi are too "virtuous" and the Sith are more the type who can do whatever they want and I personally wanna feel that I'm a free man.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    That's like asking why Horde is more popular than Alliance. It's for much the same reasons.
    Well apparently I'm not privvy to those reasons, I also don't think it's the same.

The Sith are much more obviously evil than the Horde. The Orcs were forced upon Azeroth, the Tauren are a peacful tribe, druidic and even work with Night Elves in Moonglade, both sides have done extremely evil things and things of great good. The Sith though are generally always portrayed as the bad guys, and while for certain a number of them just end up in the wrong place at the wrong time and so end up working for the imperials - their over arching goals and ideas are pretty evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    I don't like them more because they are "more evil", they aren't that much. They are rather much more like real humans (also driven by emotions etc.) while Jedi are meant to be godly fighters without emotion, just blindly following their codex. Otherwise, they both vie for control of the whole Galaxy anyway, I don't see the Sith that evil, maybe that their leaders are usually more cuel. Think of it Alliance vs Horde.
    I disagree - I can't imagine people are really so heartless as to easily kill someone just because it benefits you.

I do understand the reasoning on why people might find the Jedi boring and cold, living without emotion just following the code, but I dont understand either the appeal of choosing someone that takes pleasure from causing others pain.

I should also point out that your opinion is breaking NDA since you aren't allowed to post opinions about content under NDA.
    I didnt attack i jsut said plz dont say opinion like its fact and u did do that "which is without a doubt cooler than the Trooper counterpart" no where does it say there that that is ur opinion u sated it like fact, i was not attcking i was pointing it out, and i read through the NDA and it does not say im not aloud to say if i liked something or not it says im not aloud to go into details about y i do/not like something

Yea it does. 1: There is a beta. 2: I am in the beta. Nothing more. Being able to say if you liked or disliked something makes the NDA null and void. It's there because you can't. Or, we could pick the entire game part with personal opinions and know almost everyhing about it.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-30 at 02:24 PM.

Because I think Sith characters are more interesting than Jedi. All Jedi seem to have the same brainwashed mindset, I feel Sith make more realistic and interesting characters.

The NDA States that the only thing you are allowed to talk about in regards to to content under NDA is that:

1. A Beta Exists
    2. You were in it.

Anything else is a breach of NDA. It does expressly state you are not allowed to state opinions of content in the game to anyone, even if you don't go into specifics.

As I said also, if you read the whole sentence, rather than just picking a few words from it, it is clear that it is an opinion. There is also no point anywhere where I make any claims about the popularity, I made it clear in the first sentence that this was all just a feeling, and that it seems the Sith are more popular - I didn't say they are. I clearly said that it feels this way to me. Thus it is clearly an opinion.

The NDA States that the only thing you are allowed to talk about in regards to to content under NDA is that:

1. A Beta Exists
    2. You were in it.

Anything else is a breach of NDA. It does expressly state you are not allowed to state opinions of content in the game to anyone, even if you don't go into specifics.

As I said also, if you read the whole sentence, rather than just picking a few words from it, it is clear that it is an opinion. There is also no point anywhere where I make any claims about the popularity, I made it clear in the first sentence that this was all just a feeling, and that it seems the Sith are more popular - I didn't say they are. I clearly said that it feels this way to me. Thus it is clearly an opinion.
    You know what, i was gonna reply to what you said but as it seems like you just want to argue with everything people have to say I'm just gonna leave you to your aggression. you are not worth trying to carry a conversation on with

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    While Star Wars is taking place in the distant future with extremely developed technologies, the wars are led in rather medieval ways - in a brutal, unfair and unhuman ways.
    ..... Star Wars is a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, it says so right in the first 10 seconds.