10+ Year Old Account

Anyone got links to good, recent GW2 footage?

Not sure if beta is out yet but anyone got some recent footage of GW2, pref with commentary?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a sticky that lists a heap of videos.....

Deleted
    All looks rather... familiar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to be hating, different strokes for different folks and all and please don't take this as a troll post but, what's so appealing about this game? I mean.. it all looks like WoW, granted I haven't done any research on the game and only seen a few videos but it all looks.. kind of boring :shrug:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    I don't want to be hating, different strokes for different folks and all and please don't take this as a troll post but, what's so appealing about this game? I mean.. it all looks like WoW, granted I haven't done any research on the game and only seen a few videos but it all looks.. kind of boring :shrug:
    No grinding, much better community philosophy, balanced eSport PVP....

Try watching the videos

Deleted
    Read the first post in this thread to understand Guild Wars 2 better:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...The-One-Thread

About what people in general like about it, I can't say, I can say what I like. I like that it's a game where there isn't a faction bias, that your character actually has a story that you make and the npcs react based on it and is not like every other character like in WoW. I like the fact that any class can "tank", and speaking of which, there is no true tank or healer, but rather player skill in moving out. If you die you can't blame a healer or the tank, it's only yourself to blame.
    I like the scenarios events that happen all over and the fact that they actually have repercussions if you don't save/towns or do whatever they are. I like that you can downlevel yourself to the level of your friends and play with them without having to level a new character. I like the giant capitals with actual quests in them and flavor npcs. Destructible buildings, any class can be ranged and melee, a non-flesh race, ability to be in multiple guilds at once, all dungeons/raids are 5 people ones(and some actually are hard, sort of like heroic Firelands in 5 man) etc., I just told you a few things that make me excited for this. There's more things, but overall this is nothing like WoW and I like that it focuses on the points in WoW that I had started to not like anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    No grinding, much better community philosophy, balanced eSport PVP....

Try watching the videos
    Mm yeah I'll have to have a sit down and watch TB's video

Not recent, but atleast somone that got an idea how to play is moving the character:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_TDMoOCyHQ

Why not find out for yourself? And it doesn't look like WoW...at all...

Better graphics
    Better PVP
    Better progression system that's cut the grinding aspect that people hate but still do to progress a character
    World Events
    No tanks or healers, you have to think before you do something and not just rely on someone saving you
    Automatic grouping and cooperation, no more "He stole my node/kill/loot!!"
    Completely HUGE world
    No flying mounts
    New and refreshing story that's not been corrupted by too much fiddling
    New community (in most parts I hope)
    Completely different mechanics and combat (don't just stand there taking hits, dodge by yourself!)
    MASSIVE character customization, not just the same bodies for all and 3-7 faces to choose from.

All in all, this game promises to be about 20% cooler than WoW in every, single, way.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2011-10-30 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    -Snip-
    Don't contrast the graphics between Guild Wars 2 and WoW, contrast the Art Styles.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Don't contrast the graphics between Guild Wars 2 and WoW, contrast the Art Styles.
    Ya its hard to compare the graphical fidelity untill they can be played side by side on the same rigs. Also because both games have a styalized art style its hard to say which is better as it comes down to personal preferance. If they were going for a photo realistic look it would be easier to tell which had better graphics but those styles of games get dated fast. Look at any game that went for realistic graphics from the same year as wow's launch, compare it to a similar game from today, the graphics will look like shit now but were amazing then yet wow still looks good. Thats the difference between graphics and aesthetics at work.
    http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode...vs.-aesthetics

Who is John Galt?

Guild Wars 2 in a nutshell
    ->Better Graphics
    ->No Holy Trinity (Tank, Heal, DPS)
    ->PvP and PvE are seperate.
    ->It is nothing like WoW by any means.
    ->You level up at the same pace at all times.
    ->IT'S FREE TO PLAY
    ->No Flying
    ->Different skills depending on Weapon.
    ->Different skills when underwater.
    ->Each class has it's own healing ability
    ->Teamwork is actually important here.

There's plenty more, feel free to add to my list, but I think I covered the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Ya its hard to compare the graphical fidelity untill they can be played side by side on the same rigs. Also because both games have a styalized art style its hard to say which is better as it comes down to personal preferance. If they were going for a photo realistic look it would be easier to tell which had better graphics but those styles of games get dated fast. Look at any game that went for realistic graphics from the same year as wow's launch, compare it to a similar game from today, the graphics will look like shit now but were amazing then yet wow still looks good. Thats the difference between graphics and aesthetics at work.
    http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode...vs.-aesthetics
    That link was extremely enlightening and explains it very well. Only time will tell if GW2s style will let the game last years, but look at gw1 WoW's cartoony graphics and art style is one of the main reasons it has had so much staying power.

Back on topic there is a video library on the forums somewhere, by the guild nocturnal.

Try watching the videos
    Don't think most people can force themselves and watch TB's videos regardless of content

10+ Year Old Account
    Mm yeah I'll have to have a sit down and watch TB's video
    Exactly! I thought the same way you did (referring to your first post), after doing just a little video research I fell in love with GW2, and not just GW2, but also GW1. It's a shame I never played GW1 from the beginning. In a way, I don't feel like I belong to the GW fan-base, because I never played GW1 (until recently). If you do end up feeling the way I do, then just think of it like I do, "3 years from now, I can tell all the n00bz 'I bought GW2 when it was first released'."

There is a sticky that lists a heap of videos.....

I 100% recommend these videos if you are new to MMO's or to the game, they're really informational and is an answer to all your questions.