Thread: Dragonwrath

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Dragonwrath

    Wll it be worth it to go back and grab Dragonwrath once 4.3 hits. Im about to get the Runestaff, and i don't think i will end up getting enough essences before the new patch. Will it be worth it to make my raid team go back to an old tier to get it?

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire Omarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    354
    Yes it sure will! If it is like Val'anyr, then it should stay BiS till end of expansion.. But then again, it might just be that Deathwing Heroic drops better weapons. Though what would be the use of that? As probably quest weapons in MoP will be better than that...

  3. #3
    Yeah i'm at like 400 something cinders.. I'll be running firelands til 5.0 to finish this thing it feels like =/
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

  4. #4
    Fluffy Kitten Malefic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England, UK.
    Posts
    1,071
    Well looking at about a two hour window of PTR testing I only had a 3.3% proc chance of Dragonwrath, in comparison to the 9-12% you can get on live.

    Someone will probably call me out on this and I might be wrong since I don't have an actual physical proc percentage at the minute but the proc alone seems to have been nerfed down to about a 1500 DPS increase. Meaning, the Madness of Deathwing heroic staff MIGHT be better, as I said though don't hold me to that, someone will probably call me out on it.

  5. #5
    6/7H takes two hours. Don't even have to kill Ragnaros at the third part of the quest (essences).

  6. #6
    Immortal Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    7,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Omarian View Post
    Yes it sure will! If it is like Val'anyr, then it should stay BiS till end of expansion.. But then again, it might just be that Deathwing Heroic drops better weapons. Though what would be the use of that? As probably quest weapons in MoP will be better than that...
    And once you kill Heroic DW, what's the point of continuing? (assuming you get every ach already for your Glory of Dragon Soul)

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-30 at 06:07 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    Well looking at about a two hour window of PTR testing I only had a 3.3% proc chance of Dragonwrath, in comparison to the 9-12% you can get on live.

    Someone will probably call me out on this and I might be wrong since I don't have an actual physical proc percentage at the minute but the proc alone seems to have been nerfed down to about a 1500 DPS increase. Meaning, the Madness of Deathwing heroic staff MIGHT be better, as I said though don't hold me to that, someone will probably call me out on it.
    I do like the haste procc and the fact it gives your raid members some haste too.

    I HATE the fact it has 0 secondary stats to reforge to hit. That makes it relatively weak when the procc isn't up

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-30 at 06:08 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by sinisterwyvern View Post
    Yeah i'm at like 400 something cinders.. I'll be running firelands til 5.0 to finish this thing it feels like =/
    If you're 6/7H, you should have it by mid January.

    I'm at ~600ish and using napkin-math I did with the guild's FIRST staff-getter (we're a 10 man guild), he's getting his in about 2 weeks and I'm getting mine about 6-7 weeks after him.

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (I'll only accept with notice/name is recognizable)

  7. #7
    It'll still be BiS until the end of Cataclysm, but as far as sacrificing normal raid time to get it, I'd advise against that. Do Firelands on an offnight.

  8. #8
    High Overlord Haedess's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2500 View Post
    It'll still be BiS until the end of Cataclysm, but as far as sacrificing normal raid time to get it, I'd advise against that. Do Firelands on an offnight.
    Remember that they are nerfing the staff, probably so people will be using weapons from Deathwing and from patch 4.3 instead....
    trololol didn't read

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Haedess View Post
    Remember that they are nerfing the staff, probably so people will be using weapons from Deathwing and from patch 4.3 instead....
    Although Dragonwrath is powerful I still can't understand why they would already nerf it in 4.3. It is a LEGENDARY weapon it shouldn't be bad if they used it for multiple tiers.

    I would rather have had them nerf it in 5.0 to prevent it from outlasting Cataclsym as BiS.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Haedess View Post
    Remember that they are nerfing the staff, probably so people will be using weapons from Deathwing and from patch 4.3 instead....
    More likely they're nerfing it for scaling purposes.
    Imagine if the staff worked like it does on live now, but on a caster in full heroic Dragonsoul gear....
    ESPECIALLY considering the fact that the non-legendary wielding casters will most likely get prio on the deathwing weapons, which in turn boost the legendary wielders even more (if this doesn't make sense to you, go read up on deathwing weapons).

  11. #11
    Mechagnome Kassina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alingsås, Sweden
    Posts
    608
    I have 32/250 essences and with the math I did I'll get mine first week of December and I sure hope DS doesn't come before that :P
    And, even if Deathwing HC weapons will be better you still have to down that boss and the weapon must drop and you must win it >.< but I'm really sad that its getting nerfed ;( first legendary I ever get (Almost any caster ever get) and its getting nerfed ;/
    LF Exp CM Mage for times, Pref Swe/Nor PM Me

  12. #12
    MIGHT be better and it will take MONTHS to get it. Stick with dragonwrath.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by sinisterwyvern View Post
    Yeah i'm at like 400 something cinders.. I'll be running firelands til 5.0 to finish this thing it feels like =/
    I was second third in line to get the staff, but then our second in line warlock quit the game. So now I'm at about 340 cinders gather in 2 weeks time. According to my calculations, I have 8-9 more weeks of farming till I have my staff.

    And I speculate that 4.3 is gonna hit around the release date of SWTOR, so by the time 4.3 hits, I'll probably be 1 week or 2 weeks away from my staff. Then again, I think it is definitely worth going back for it, since it's obviously going to be better than any normal mode DW weapon, but do it on offnights, at least I'm willing to pay my guildies who help me complete it if I don't have it by the time 4.3 comes out.

    10 man guilds kind suck when it comes down to getting this legendary.

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-30 at 05:22 PM ----------

    Actually, after doing some math. DragonWrath will have 27 more intellect than the heroic version of the DW staff. However, the DW staff will give you 539 extra spell power, but no static haste or hit rating.

    So question is. Will the proc, extra int, static haste, hit and proc outweigh 539 spell power and a 1740 haste proc (since 435 of that haste is also given to players around someone with the staff, assuming you're one of them if you have dragonwrath.)
    Last edited by Rocketbear; 2011-10-30 at 04:22 PM.
    Check out my youtube channel of fail: http://www.youtube.com/EliteRocketbear

    8/8Hc DS

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Haedess View Post
    Remember that they are nerfing the staff, probably so people will be using weapons from Deathwing and from patch 4.3 instead....
    The nerf is only 2-3%; if you have it, you're not going to be replacing it. Before anyone says "what about H Deathwing loot?", that's a moot point because once you beat him on heroic, you've beaten the game and at that point you're farming gear you'll replace while leveling to 90.

  15. #15
    IF it will be like that! THAT HC Deathwing weapons will be better! BLIZZARD will buff the staff like they did with the mace from ulduar! they buffed it!

    legendary staff will be BIS until mist of pandaria!!!!!!!

    and iam 99.99 % sure it is like this!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by emopriest View Post
    IF it will be like that! THAT HC Deathwing weapons will be better! BLIZZARD will buff the staff like they did with the mace from ulduar! they buffed it!

    legendary staff will be BIS until mist of pandaria!!!!!!!

    and iam 99.99 % sure it is like this!
    They buffed it to be on par, itemlevel wise, with TOC 25 man normal weapons, because in fact, ToC was never planned to be an actual raid tier.
    Check out my youtube channel of fail: http://www.youtube.com/EliteRocketbear

    8/8Hc DS

  17. #17
    As I'm making 25m weekly 7/7 + shannox (of course) heroic, for my staff, and getting runestaff next reset, I truly do hope i get to enjoy it, at least for a little while until 4.3. Though the haste procc on the wep from dw is sehx, I'd rather go around epeeing with my legendary. )

    Just a quick question, if I'm lucky with getting smoldering essences relatively quickly, that would mean I would only use one month collecting them, right? +/- 1~2 weeks.

  18. #18
    Are they making Firelands part of the Looking for Raid groups too? Only asking cause if they are, will we be able to siphon souls from Bosses there? Or would it need to be normal/herioic corpses that gief them?

  19. #19
    Legendary items won't be available in LFR.

  20. #20
    Fluffy Kitten Dyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fording the Ox
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Are they making Firelands part of the Looking for Raid groups too? Only asking cause if they are, will we be able to siphon souls from Bosses there? Or would it need to be normal/herioic corpses that gief them?
    It's only the Dragonsoul Raid slated for release with the raid finder. They didn't want to hold it up adding older content to it as well.

    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •