Thread: Dragonwrath

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I am planning on putting together alt/pug groups to finish it off... though most of the people I raid with said they will do a 10 man rag with me when I need that part. It will definitely still be rather useful, but I am mostly doing it because I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmojo View Post
    Although Dragonwrath is powerful I still can't understand why they would already nerf it in 4.3. It is a LEGENDARY weapon it shouldn't be bad if they used it for multiple tiers.

I would rather have had them nerf it in 5.0 to prevent it from outlasting Cataclsym as BiS.
    Because no other legendary gave such a big dps increase before now.

Good luck getting people to go back to firelands after 4.3 hits :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    Because no other legendary gave such a big dps increase before now.

Good luck getting people to go back to firelands after 4.3 hits :P
    It will be just as easy as getting people to do BWD BoT and Tot4w now ^^

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just want 4.3 to hit in January. That's all. :P
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontificate View Post
    Yea I think I'll get mine the first week of December so if 4.3 is in January that's awesome, because I wanna feel special for a little time ^^ :P

The staff proc is so good that i highly doubt it will be replaced in 4.3 and to be honest unless they put a big nerf or some king of diminishing return on it people will use this staff in 5.0 too.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

I would expect a diminishing returns nerf for levels beyond 85. Maybe not right away but as soon as people start doing the math and figure out it is still BiS beyond this expansion they would nerf it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontificate View Post
    I do want it to hit after i get my staff, but firelands is already burning people out lol

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karshda View Post
    I do want it to hit after i get my staff, but firelands is already burning people out lol
    Oh, I know...lol. We're 6/7 heroic and about sick of it ourselves. Sucks being 4th in line. ><
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

any confirmation on how big the nerf is on ptr btw?

no official number has been said by blizzard but most current numbers people have been getting is right around 8% for a proc rate, down from 10% for shadowpriest proc rates.
    Last edited by Drye; 2011-11-01 at 06:43 AM.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

The staff in it's current state is a HUGE dps increase. I feel the nerf is deserved, regardless of the fact it's a legendary or not. I also don't believe the staff is going to be nerfed so much that it's not BiS even including the 4.3 weapons. I may be wrong, but I feel that's a safe assumption to be making.

Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    It will be just as easy as getting people to do BWD BoT and Tot4w now ^^
    It will be way easier to get people to run Firelands in 4.3 than it is to get people to run BWD now I think. I think that most people think that Firelands is a much more fun raid than the t11 raids, and also since they didn't nerf t11 HC but nerfed t12 HC the difficulty between them aren't that big. It would be pretty easy for a group that has got 378 gear from 4.3 heroics and JPs to kill some FL HC bosses, but it's not that easy for a group with 359 gear now to go kill t11 HC bosses.

So essentially, "old tier"-gear will be better in comparison to the difficulty, which will lead to more people wanting to do it, if that makes sense :P

Also, people will want to go back for the legendary, and since there are 3 different quests to gather stuff from bosses you can have several people joining your group only for legendary parts if they are on separate quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Without actually doing the math, the smart answer is: Duh, get the legendary. Until you're killing heroic Madness, and your non legendary casters have that staff, the legendary is going to be BiS, and possibly even at that point. Who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    It will be way easier to get people to run Firelands in 4.3 than it is to get people to run BWD now I think. I think that most people think that Firelands is a much more fun raid than the t11 raids, and also since they didn't nerf t11 HC but nerfed t12 HC the difficulty between them aren't that big. It would be pretty easy for a group that has got 378 gear from 4.3 heroics and JPs to kill some FL HC bosses, but it's not that easy for a group with 359 gear now to go kill t11 HC bosses.

So essentially, "old tier"-gear will be better in comparison to the difficulty, which will lead to more people wanting to do it, if that makes sense :P

Also, people will want to go back for the legendary, and since there are 3 different quests to gather stuff from bosses you can have several people joining your group only for legendary parts if they are on separate quests.
    Wait what?
    But yes people will still be going back to FL when 4.3 hits just because people need gear and legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    Wait what?
    But yes people will still be going back to FL when 4.3 hits just because people need gear and legendary.
    Yes, that's exactly what I wrote too. FL HC won't be much harder in 4.3 for a freshly dinged character that got all JP / 5man gear than BWD/BoT/Tot4W is for freshly dinged chars that got all current JP / 5man gear now. And furthermore, FL HC will definately be much easier in 4.3 than t11 raids on HC are in 4.2. So while a "good" PuG now might do 1 boss on HC in old tier (Halfus for example), a "good" PuG might do 5/7 bosses on HC in 4.3 and therefor the majority of the gear you get from old tier will be higher ilvl in 4.3 than the majority of the gear you get from old tier in 4.2, if you're assuming PuGs of the same skill in both patches.

Which is something I think is good, by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what I wrote too. FL HC won't be much harder in 4.3 for a freshly dinged character that got all JP / 5man gear than BWD/BoT/Tot4W is for freshly dinged chars that got all current JP / 5man gear now. And furthermore, FL HC will definately be much easier in 4.3 than t11 raids on HC are in 4.2. So while a "good" PuG now might do 1 boss on HC in old tier (Halfus for example), a "good" PuG might do 5/7 bosses on HC in 4.3 and therefor the majority of the gear you get from old tier will be higher ilvl in 4.3 than the majority of the gear you get from old tier in 4.2, if you're assuming PuGs of the same skill in both patches.

Which is something I think is good, by the way.
    Now I get it! Yea I think that's good to really, easier to gear alts ^^