Deleted

Having a few problems here :P

Some help would be nice, little something I have to do for school.
    I had to download VirtualBox and install Windows XP on it, then make a couple of users, and now I have to give all of them specific NTSF Permissions, except I don't have a clue how, and I'm kinda stuck. added problem being I have to be done in 2 hours~ >_> any help would be very welcome and be detailed cause I'm still new to computers.

Sorry if some things aren't very clear, had to translate this from dutch to english.

10+ Year Old Account
    which version of xp I believe the home version don't allow you to set permissions but could be wrong
    anyhow just properties the drive and go to security tab then set the permisions
    Last edited by lockblock; 2011-10-30 at 01:45 PM.

You need to make sure you've set it up with an NTFS drive - looking at the properties of the drive will show that. If you've set it up as FAT32 (the default I believe) then you either need to convert the disk. To do this open an command prompt and type:
    Convert C: /FS:NTFS
    It should do a reboot and convert the disk as it boots up again. You will now see the permissions tab.
    I've not done this for quite a while and it's all from memory but it should work fine.

Deleted
    I dont see any Properties or Security tab, at all.
    Any other way of doing it? I got this Windows version from a classmate who used the exact same one, and he got it done. unless he's trolling me in which case i''ll kill him.

Properties say its an NTFS drive.
    Last edited by mmoc05bd575a48; 2011-10-30 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    I dont see any Properties or Security tab, at all.
    Any other way of doing it? I got this Windows version from a classmate who used the exact same one, and he got it done. unless he's trolling me in which case i''ll kill him.
    Couldn't you call him and ask him how to do it? :P
    You can't right-click the folder, choose properties, then go to the security tab?
    Here's the guide to it:
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    There's a properties option, but If I go to the properties the only tabs there are : General, Extra, Hardware, Sharing and Quotom.
    Can't call my classmate i'm afraid, don't have his phone number, didn't think i'd need it either :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    There's a properties option, but If I go to the properties the only tabs there are : General, Extra, Hardware, Sharing and Quotom.
    Can't call my classmate i'm afraid, don't have his phone number, didn't think i'd need it either :P
    There's instructions in that guide to add the properties tab if it's missing.
    Here: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.