Thread: The Sha!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Sha!

Anyone else think they are linked to Sha'tar.....was questing in BC and it struck me, then Shattrah, SHAVERYWHERE. What uf the sha is the opposite of a naaru the real dark opposite.....

Deleted
    I reckon it's just a coincidence... I mean, 'sha' is supposed to mean 'light' in Eredun or something.

I guess we'll see how it plays out, but as it is I'm saying they're unrelated.

It's from a different language. Consider similar (or even identical) words in other languages that match english words but have nothing in common.

That's all it is.

Edit: did a little research, and sha is used in chinese to refer to diseases. The Sha in Pandaria could be considered a spiritual disease of the land.
    Last edited by Scuravolpe; 2011-10-29 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    The Sha in Pandaria could be considered a spiritual disease of the land.
    That was almost poetic.

Anyway, I think they'll end being related to the Old Gods. Mogu will be related to the Titans and mantids will be related to the aqir.

In MoP, there IS Shado-pan monastery, why is it shAdo-pan while in warcraft 3, it was shodo-pan. Is it some lore mistake or shado and shodo are 2 different things?

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    In MoP, there IS Shado-pan monastery, why is it shAdo-pan while in warcraft 3, it was shodo-pan. Is it some lore mistake or shado and shodo are 2 different things?
    Shodo-pan are Pandaren who have risen to a place of leadership and great honor/reputation within their clan. It used to refer to the one Emperor of Pandaria, but when the old Empire fell and the Pandaren split up into a more tribal society it came to be used as a title for the local Champion/leader. Shodo-pan are the fiercest warriors of their clan and often look like Samurai wielding two swords.

Shado-pan Monastery is a 5-man dungeon located in the Kun-Lai Summit and is the training area for the Shado-pan clan who are ninja-like warriors. The monastery is currently under attack by the recently released Sha.
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

Thanks you a lot for explanation. As i see, there is already a lot of lore behind pandaria.

Deleted
    I present the Sha!

Deleted
    Secure Hash Algorithm?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    That was almost poetic.

Anyway, I think they'll end being related to the Old Gods. Mogu will be related to the Titans and mantids will be related to the aqir.
    Only one I contest is the Mantid. Blizz already said they are not related to the Aqir at all, because they are not a hivemind.

But yeah, someone on the official forums made a good link from Sha to N'Zoth.

* The Sha are minions of N'Zoth
    * N'Zoth is driving the Mogu and Mantid to fight the Pandaren in order to create more Sha
    * We show up, and generate a bum-ton of Sha
    * N'Zoth returns in 6.0 using this Sha as part of his army

Boom, two birds with one stone. We tie MoP into the N'Zoth storyline, and N'Zoth finally feels less like a copy of Yogg'Saron.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I present the Sha!

You read my mind xD

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Only one I contest is the Mantid. Blizz already said they are not related to the Aqir at all, because they are not a hivemind.

* N'Zoth is driving the Mogu and Mantid to fight the Pandaren in order to create more Sha

Boom, two birds with one stone. We tie MoP into the N'Zoth storyline, and N'Zoth finally feels less like a copy of Yogg'Saron.
    *blinks* damn... someone thought deep. Yep, I could see this happening, in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

Well the nerubians aren't a hive mind are they? And they are directly related to the giant insect empire that fought the trolls.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

They said they're not related to normal insects... The Aqir, Qiraji and Nerubians are not a "hive mind" either, that's the Silithid.

It's already been stated that the Mantids ARE a breed of Aqir.

Deleted
    Honestly, if there is an Old God behind it, I want to be a fourth one, not N'zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I present the Sha!

Thank you! I was trying to remember what it was about the Sha that seemed familiar.

Deleted
    I demand Blizz to hire Tim Curry to voice a Sha boss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    I reckon it's just a coincidence... I mean, 'sha' is supposed to mean 'light' in Eredun or something.

I guess we'll see how it plays out, but as it is I'm saying they're unrelated.
    Isnt it the other way around? Sha is the dark "power".

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    Shodo-pan are Pandaren who have risen to a place of leadership and great honor/reputation within their clan. It used to refer to the one Emperor of Pandaria, but when the old Empire fell and the Pandaren split up into a more tribal society it came to be used as a title for the local Champion/leader. Shodo-pan are the fiercest warriors of their clan and often look like Samurai wielding two swords.

Shado-pan Monastery is a 5-man dungeon located in the Kun-Lai Summit and is the training area for the Shado-pan clan who are ninja-like warriors. The monastery is currently under attack by the recently released Sha.
    This makes the expansion sound incredibly ass-kicking. I really can't wait.

Even from what saw at Blizzcon, this expansion looks really good! I'm really excited.

Sha (煞) is a Chinese word, meaning evil spirit. It's widely seen in qigong (practice of Chi), feng sui (geomancy), and Chinese martial art fantasies.