Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    The best way to conserve mana once you're doing the obvious is to use holy light instead of divine light whenever possible. Even if you think you need to use DL, with some practice you'll come to realise just how much you can heal spamming HL with the occasional DL thrown in. Don't be afraid to use cooldowns and then spam holy light, it's a fantastic way to save mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    You've obviously never played a Disc priest.

And I don't see how Paladin has it the "easiest" when our heals cost the most out of any healer...I mean, 8k mana for Divine Light when Greater Heal is only 5.5k? Yeesh.

You make it sound so easy and brainless. =/ I'm not new to healing, and not new to paladin healing either. "WoG + HS" alone is not enough to keep a tank up, let alone the rest of the group.
    I run through ZA/ZG carrying the entire party to be honest. Yes. As a healer. I can pull, tell them to just keep going and still not drop below 90% mana.
    It's all about knowing what you are doing and when you are. WoG and HS seems to be more then enough for me to keep a tank up.

Just an FYI, your tank doesn't need to be topped off to 100% all the time.
    If you see him at 80% health, there is no need to cast holy light if your HS has a 3 sec CD left. Just wait.. unless obviously he's going to receive a lot of damage in the next 3 seconds.

Casting pre-emptively also helps alot.

Oftentimes it is all about the group.

I have had some High priest kilnara fights where I had +20k hps.
    Basically the best mana conserving method as a holy paladin is using cooldowns to keep the holy light spamming going.
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop
    tree druids do about 50-60% overhealing. divide their HPS by half.
    Math!

Looking a little closer... your reforging is fine, ignore the advice to not reforge for haste... you're not doing that anywhere at the expense of spirit, so I'm not sure what that was about. You have far too many reckless gems, I would at least replace the 1 in your shoulders, 2 in your gloves, and 1 in your belt with pure int gems. There is no reason to ever put anything in a red socket besides a red gem unless you need it to activate your meta. You might just want to fix that as you get a few upgrades. You could also move 1 point in imp judgements to poti.

If playstyle really isn't an issue (hand of sac is your friend), I really think you just need a little more gear.

Maldriel has some really good advice I agree with 99% of what he said.
    Blessed Life (even 1 point) is great on any fight where you are taking AoE damage.
    Not sure what I would drop but its good to have 1/2 at least on certain encounters.
    Which is a few in ZA and then for example Rhyolith and Beth in FL.

There are a couple easy upgrades you can get:
    The Firelands Rep belt from Avengers of Hyjal is easy to get even if you grind trash mobs for rep it wouldn't take too long.
    (Requires Honored reputation)
    Belt of the Seven Seals-
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/71253

Update your gloves and get the 359 gloves with Justice or the 378 with Valor points.
    Or if you can get the mats have a BS make the Holy Flame Gauntlets for you they are top two or three close to BIS:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/69938

If you can afford it get Darkmoon Card: Tsunami to replace your 346 trinket.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/62050
    Personally I've cleared Firelands multiple times and working on our last few heroic bosses (guild is 4/6 HM) and I still use this trinket.
    (Will replace it when I get an upgrade to drop but hasn't happened yet and Im still glad I bought it probably 6 months ago.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    You've obviously never played a Disc priest.

And I don't see how Paladin has it the "easiest" when our heals cost the most out of any healer...I mean, 8k mana for Divine Light when Greater Heal is only 5.5k? Yeesh.

You make it sound so easy and brainless. =/ I'm not new to healing, and not new to paladin healing either. "WoG + HS" alone is not enough to keep a tank up, let alone the rest of the group.
    First I'd get rid of the haste proc trinket. Get the trinket from last boss in Heroic Stonecore if you don't want to buy DMC. Paladins have awesome I mean AWESOME mana regen. You also have Divine Plea used with Hand of Sacrifice on the tank to give you a few seconds of downtime to regen. You have judging to return mana and meleeing.(Every Paladin should get familiar with fights and find time to melee if having mana problems) Avenging Wrath + Holy Lights for big cheap heals to save mana. Let's not forget Holy Power. It's another resource to heal with and you did take Eternal Glory. 100% transfer of Holy Light to beacon. Light of Dawn transfers to beacon. <---"free" raid and tank heal.

I mean this with no disrespect but it seems it's more your spell and CD usage or your groups take too much damage. Healing with Holy Power is actually brainless after you understand it. The better at building Holy Power the less mana you use.
    Last edited by blazto; 2011-11-01 at 05:09 PM.

Deleted
    reforging spirit when you do not have the gear is wise to do.
    haste only sets your cooldowns lower, and thats just a "nice to have". This only becomes for interest when you raid hardcore 24/7 but if you would do that your gear would look better too so you wouldnt really need the spirit anymore.

Get the gems straight (only taking int boni), your glyhps, talents and improve on your 'rota' (aka melee+ hands+ cds usage) and you should be fine.
    HolyPal is a very easy heal to play, if you have problems with Paladin heal you shouldn't try healing with schaman some heroics, they have really to work their ass off xD
    Just get used to the stile and have it in your blood when to heal what.

Most likely the worst that can happen is that you learn by misstakes

If you want we can meet on PTR and do a group or two
    Last edited by mmocb8d63ae199; 2011-11-01 at 05:15 PM.

Gear will obviously fix the problem, but only when you outgear the content. You can't underestimate using HL, HS, and WoG. You can just chain cast HL and never have any problems. Remember to judge on CD and melee the boss whenever possible (and safe!). And as far as keeping moving in 5 mans, don't forget to use Hand of Sac, It'll save you mana and let you heal with only HL during most (all) pulls.

10+ Year Old Account
    your gear is pretty similar to my holy pallys gear check my Sig (alt). Spirit should be secondary stat. This is not coming from a geared or super experienced holy paladin. However i never have any mana issues. Between judging when its not on CD you should regain a bunch of mana
    Last edited by contemporary; 2011-11-01 at 07:07 PM.

i try to keep divine light to only use on tanks when it is really needed(free hp with beacon)
    and use holy light on the group(100% healing goes to the beacon. while divine light is only 50%)
    and almost all your gear is reforged to haste. mastery/crit. while both mastery/crit gives better hp for your mana.
    and i don't think you need much haste is za/zg.

but they say haste is needed for raids.(i don't raid yet)

Deleted
    go for spirit as a main target and as a nice to have/when gear is better go haste.
    Mastery/crit? What are you talking about. lol

Haste 12.7% will get your global cooldowns down to 1 sec so thats already enough. all over that is just a nice to have.
    Go spirit if you have mana issues, and work on your rota till its perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldriel View Post
    Haste 12.7% will get your global cooldowns down to 1 sec so thats already enough.
    Wait what?

Deleted
    12.7% brings your global cooldown down to 1 sec (or was it 13.7%?) anyhow if you have mana issues you don't need haste as much as spirit

12.7% brings your global cooldown down to 1 sec (or was it 13.7%?)
    It's 50% - just saying.

Deleted
    I have 1872 haste rating and my GCD is 1.27

You can find your GCD with typing this in your chat :

/run hooksecurefunc("CooldownFrame_SetTimer", function(_, start, duration, enable) if start > 0 and enable > 0 then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(duration) end end)

The formula in order to find how much haste rating is needed to lower the GCD to 1s is

((1.5s / 1.0s) - 1) * 128.05716 * 100 = 6402,858

So yes 50% like Nillo said
    Last edited by mmocc908001abe; 2011-11-01 at 11:45 PM.

Deleted
    Let me get back to ya'll.
    I really need to brainstorm again in my old calculated values? xD

Anyways the point is, if he has problem with mana haste shouldnt be the main target he is looking for @ reforge

well for Kilnara, you want to use guardian seperately from wings and haste CD. and you want to use holy light/divine light. holy radience is really not a good heal unless the whole raid is taking consistant AoE damage.
    Holy shock holy light divine light and word of glory is what you want to use.
    and as long as you use judgement EVERY time its up (bind it to your "trigger happy" finger) and use divine plea correctly u should be fine. mana pots help. and always use divine plea with a pot of concentration if you have the chance. you will get up to 50% mana back from just that. and MELEEing boss also gives mana. stay in melee range and hit the boss during downtime

No one said it yet but no point to Glyph of Light of the dawn if you are only healing 5 mans since there are only 5 people there, I use LoTD less often than WOG in 5 mans anyway - since you are the only dispeller in a 5 man you might get more use from Glyph of cleansing.

As for the priestess fight there is a very simple way to stop yourself going oom in that fight even in a terrible group and that is stand next to her and interupt her tears of blood - doing this you will melee her giving you extra mana back and interupting the cast yourself is better than healing through the damage. Stop casting and interupt it asap and you can pretty much just spam holy light for the whole fight and dispell the debuff ofc (I see lots of holy pallies just try to heal through debuffs when they could save themselves the bother by cleansing -_-)

Hand of sacrifice on the tank combined with divine protection on yourself is very handy and I'll use that on cooldown, we have a great assortment of cooldowns to use for damage mitigation - Aura mastery is another one, if you are using resistance aura you can really boost your resistance to any big AoE damage, unfortunately it doesn't cover nature damage of which there is a lot in ZA/ZG but it does cover shadow and ofc fire.

If the group is really bad you can even use things like Hammer of Justice on escaped adds etc.

Are you checking you are overhealing massively as well, casting Divine lights all the time shouldn't be necessary while Holy paladins should always be casting you don't have to finish that cast if the tank doesn't need it - a good tank can ofc make a great deal of difference though.

Anyways the point is, if he has problem with mana haste shouldnt be the main target he is looking for @ reforge
    Yeah - it should be the second target after spirit.

Meleeing the boss is why you have next to no mana issues.
    Do you know how much mana that actually gives these days? lol

A few hundred only, and it only procs so many times a minute. It's nowhere near as good as you think it is.