Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    Because it's adding something that doesn't harm or alter the gameplay of the game? (mounts @ normal speeds so you don't feel forced to using them) Therefore more functionality in the game, more depth, more things for people to like, thus more players? Or does this all not make any sense to you?

    It would seem that you think there is no room for mounts in the lore, the lore is constantly being expanded, so I'm sure they can introduce a peacefull small nomad community that brings them mounts in return for other goods.
    Because in the lore of Guild Wars, and Guild Wars 2 (books included), there is absolutely no mention of a domesticated animal being used as a mount apart from a few the Stone Summit Dwarves riding Dolyaks. There are no horses, kodo, hawkstriders, nightsabers, giant rams, raptors, dire wolves or elekks/ elephants for the races of Tyria to mount and adding such things, at this time, would be detrimental to the lore and gameplay of Guild Wars 2. (think of how many times people have complained about ret-cons in WoW, that's essentially what would happen)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    Better for starters: with mounts there is more to look forward to (for those that want to use them).
    And worse for those that don't.
    Last edited by Blznsmri; 2011-10-30 at 07:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Because in the lore of Guild Wars, and Guild Wars 2 (books included), there is absolutely no mention of a domesticated animal being used as a mount apart from a few the Stone Summit Dwarves riding Dolyaks. There are no horses, kodo, hawkstriders, nightsabers, giant rams, raptors, dire wolves or elekks/ elephants for the races of Tyria to mount and adding such things, at this time, would be detrimental to the lore and gameplay of Guild Wars 2. (think of how many times people have complained about ret-cons in WoW, that's essentially what would happen)
    I'm starting to see your troubles here, you're neck deep into the lore and are reluctant to see it change. When I'm sorry to say that if the majority of the community wants it (like you said) I'm sure they will introduce a discovery on how to tame animals to become your mount into the lore. The Stone Summit Dwarves have managed to do so, so they can teach others to do the same.

  3. #43
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MY house
    Posts
    656
    I hope that it would be hard to get mount like in vanilla wows.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    And worse for those that don't.
    That's subjective and wrong. I don't like the waypoint system but that does not mean it makes the game worse for me if I don't use it (even though I lose alot more funtionality that anyone would not using mounts) nor does it make me demand they remove it. You're just saying you don't like looking at mounts, after all you don't lose out on any funtionality if they were to be implemented. And I'm sorry sir but thats like saying you don't like looking at green trees and therefore they must all be orange.

  5. #45
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    I'm starting to see your troubles here, you're neck deep into the lore and are reluctant to see it change. When I'm sorry to say that if the majority of the community wants it (like you said) I'm sure they will introduce a discovery on how to tame animals to become your mount into the lore. The Stone Summit Dwarves have managed to do so, so they can teach others to do the same.
    You don't know anything about the xenophobic, militaristic, hostile, Stone Summit Dwarves then...

    As I said before, domestication is NOT the problem. Having the animals TOO domesticate is. And there's no precedence for that in the Guild Wars universe.

    I don't have a single god damn problem with mounts in any game, what I do have a problem with is mounts not making sense.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    Better for starters: with mounts there is more to look forward to (for those that want to use them).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    That's subjective and wrong.
    There, your own words, against you.
    Last edited by Blznsmri; 2011-10-30 at 08:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    You don't know anything about the xenophobic, militaristic, hostile, Stone Summit Dwarves then...

    As I said before, domestication is NOT the problem. Having the animals TOO domesticate is. And there's no precedence for that in the Guild Wars universe.

    I don't have a single god damn problem with mounts in any game, what I do have a problem with is mounts not making sense.

    There, your own words, against you.
    I'm done with you (my kind way of saying I'll stop replying to you now, didn't feel it just to just stop posting), you've reached the point of saying ''you're wrong'' ''no you're wrong'', ''no you're wrong²''. The only argument you have against mounts is it not fitting into the lore. When if the designers wanted it to fit into the lore, they could and you would take it.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    you're neck deep into the lore and are reluctant to see it change.
    Arena Net are not Blizzard and won't shit all over their lore, for the sake of a minority of players.

    It's been said many times why mounts shouldn't be added. This has been brought up aswell on GW2guru, GW2 main forum site which the GW Devs actually go onto and reply to such topics, and there the community doesn't want mounts in, and if anything Anet will listen to the community majority instead of a vocal minority.

    Although to be honest after reading through the thread, I'm still wanting to see your proof as to why an MMO will be good only if it has mounts.

  8. #48
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    I'm done with you (my kind way of saying I'll stop replying to you now, didn't feel it just to just stop posting), you've reached the point of saying ''you're wrong'' ''no you're wrong'', ''no you're wrong²''. The only argument you have against mounts is it not fitting into the lore. When if the designers wanted it to fit into the lore, they could and you would take it.
    Refer to the post above me.

    And it's not me bantering back and forth between "You're wrong!" "No U!"

    Its me telling you precisely why they won't work in Guild Wars 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Arena Net are not Blizzard and won't shit all over their lore, for the sake of a minority of players.

    It's been said many times why mounts shouldn't be added. This has been brought up aswell on GW2guru, GW2 main forum site which the GW Devs actually go onto and reply to such topics, and there the community doesn't want mounts in, and if anything Anet will listen to the community majority instead of a vocal minority.

    Although to be honest after reading through the thread, I'm still wanting to see your proof as to why an MMO will be good only if it has mounts.
    I can't make up whether that's a serious comment or if you're trolling me?

    I never said it will only be a good game if it has mounts, I said it would be better and more complete. Could you tell me what has been given for the reason to not add mounts?

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    I can't make up whether that's a serious comment or if you're trolling me?

    I never said it will only be a good game if it has mounts, I said it would be better and more complete. Could you tell me what has been given for the reason to not add mounts?
    Isn't lack of domesticatable animals reason enough for a lack of mounts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Isn't lack of domesticatable animals reason enough for a lack of mounts?
    They're designing a new game, new creatures, why can't there be domesticatable animals amongst these new creatures?

  12. #52
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    I can't make up whether that's a serious comment or if you're trolling me?

    I never said it will only be a good game if it has mounts, I said it would be better and more complete. Could you tell me what has been given for the reason to not add mounts?
    You said it right here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    Saying a game without object A, is better than the exact same game with object A does not make any sense.



    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    They're designing a new game, new creatures, why can't there be domesticatable animals amongst these new creatures?
    All creatures in Guild Wars 2, save for a good number of the underwater ones, were in Guild Wars 1 or mentioned in Guild Wars 1 or the books.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    I'm done with you (my kind way of saying I'll stop replying to you now, didn't feel it just to just stop posting), you've reached the point of saying ''you're wrong'' ''no you're wrong'', ''no you're wrong²''. The only argument you have against mounts is it not fitting into the lore. When if the designers wanted it to fit into the lore, they could and you would take it.
    What makes his (and all of ours who disagree with you) opinion(s) wrong while yours are absolute truths? Don't you think that might be kinda hypocritical?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  14. #54
    Last time you get to tempt me into a response.
    Does saying a game with object A is better than a game without object A say the game without object A isn't any good?

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-30 at 09:30 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    What makes his (and all of ours who disagree with you) opinion(s) wrong while yours are absolute truths? Don't you think that might be kinda hypocritical?
    (all of ours) seem to be the ones deep into the lore. I believe I didn't give any opinion aside from what may be interpreted as an opinion; more players attracted to a certain game testifies to the quality of that game. But please do repeat my opinions to me so I can justify them..

  15. #55
    Dreadlord Cadfuert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In your Hard drive eating your files
    Posts
    815
    Not upon release but maybe with an expansion if its a brand spanking new area.Why?
    Because in GW lore there is few domesticated animals that are suitable for mountsa nd If they added mounts that increased in speed would make the world feel a bit small and to be honest I found that the world looked better when running.

  16. #56
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    Last time you get to tempt me into a response.
    Does saying a game with object A (game X) is better than a game without object A (game Y) say the game without object A (game Y) isn't any good?
    No, it says that Game Y is worse than Game X. Which is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    subjective and wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  17. #57
    The Lightbringer Skelington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UGUU
    Posts
    3,656
    Skelington hopes they don't add mounts. They are really unnecessary, especially in gw2 with the waypoint systems.

  18. #58
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Skelington hopes they don't add mounts. They are really unnecessary, especially in gw2 with the waypoint systems.
    Careful Skellington, or people might jump on you, saying that they could just add them for aesthetics, with no real respect to lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    ...the discussion based on facts instead of jumping on the oppurtunity to turn it into a pissing contest.
    What "facts" and, more importantly, what "pissing contest?" All I asked was that you give logical reasoning as to why GW2 has to have mounts. Instead, all you have done is spout of more opinions about "depth." With the game's fast travel system between zones making the increased movement speed of traditional mounts completely unnecessary, what is the logical point to having them in the game when, if at 0% IMS, it would actually waste time to summon the mount? Right now, the only reason you seem to have given in favor of mounts is the opinionated, "LOL i can haz horsy."
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!

    The Light and How to Swing It

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    "LOL i can haz horsy."
    Is exactly what I'm saying. Why have different races? > Player preference, so players can say ''LOL i can haz green skin''.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •