Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Server stress test!?: Mass beta invite coming.

Copied from official swtor.com forums.

"Next, our biggest event of the year, the December 20th launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic. This is inarguably the most anticipated game of the year, an epic MMO that makes each player the hero of their own Star Wars saga. The Old Republic is in Beta right now and players are blown away by the immersive story, dynamic combat and authentic Star Wars feel. In the coming weeks we'll invite hundreds of thousands of players into our biggest Beta test to date."

Quote from Peter Moore (Chief operative for EA)

You can find the the full transcript here (under Prepared comments)

http://investor.ea.com/events.cfm?li...ed,Future,Past

We can only hope that it will be a super massive invite - so some of us might get lucky.

Yup.. saw it the other day. Who do I have to kill to get in?

I almost don't want beta anymore. Not because I have lost interest, more because I don't want to be spoiled the story:P

this is so awesome, really hope i get an invite. i probly won't though, god i hate my life

Deleted
    Hmm this is probably the closest to open beta swtor will ever go.
    We're really nearing the release date

IMO this really smell like a PR move, so the game must be in a pretty good state already.

Deleted

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by blupparen View Post
    I almost don't want beta anymore. Not because I have lost interest, more because I don't want to be spoiled the story:P
    Play the class u hate and totally do NOT plan to play on launch :O just so u get the feel of the game and some gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by discopolice View Post
    Play the class u hate and totally do NOT plan to play on launch :O just so u get the feel of the game and some gameplay
    Haha good idea But I think I will play smuggler anyway XD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by discopolice View Post
    And you'll end up playing that class at release
    Hehe don't underestimate how quicly people can change their mind with experience

Then roll a class in beta that you don't intend to play right off the bat in live, and take your time leveling so you don't get too far.

I think at this point, the biggest reason I want Beta is to fiddle with the character creator.
    Yub Yub

I bet I still won't get a beta invite. I've gone two years strong without a beta invite, why stop now?

Quote Originally Posted by gurv View Post
    And you'll end up playing that class at release
    Hehe don't underestimate how quicly people can change their mind with experience
    Nothing is going to stop me from playing the Sith Juggernaut named "Snuggles" at release.

(Yes, I'm joking about the name.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be slightly mixed about getting a Beta invite because I didn't want to ruin the story, then I realized that I could just roll a republic class :P. So if I get into this huge beta wave I'm going to roll a Trooper or a Smuggler. That way I don't ruin my story for my Empire mains and the way you play those classes doesn't even come close to the way you'd play a SW (my main in TOR).
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

Quote Originally Posted by anewok View Post
    I think at this point, the biggest reason I want Beta is to fiddle with the character creator.
    thats probly all i would do. i would do more, but i'm scared of making myself bored of it before it even comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I might finally be able to get into the beta! Coolio, I finally get to see what class I'd like...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Spartonian View Post
    Nothing is going to stop me from playing the Sith Juggernaut named "Snuggles" at release.

No you aint :P

---------- Post added 2011-10-30 at 07:32 PM ----------

Same for me
    and playing a class i wont play at launch wont work cos i plan on playing them all!!! lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartonian View Post

Darth Snuggles, that's be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Interesting

If i get beta, I'd try Bounty Hunter (rolling Sith Warr at launch) *prays for a beta inv*

And what's the difference between "you learn it now" and "you learn it later, when you are hurrying to level up to catch up with friends"?
    (difference in favour of the second option, that is)