Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What saddens me the most is, I spent nearly 6 years following the production and small bits of info and such about this game, I am a huge Star Wars nerd.

I was looking forward to this game soo much. uesd to post in the SW:TOR thread a lot, but in the last 2 months, have just lost all interest in this game.

I think i just finally burnt out, and after finding out it wouldn't even be released in my country, and that i would have to order it from overseas, i kind of just gave up on it.

makes me a sad panda.

Even if i got a Beta by some divine miracle chances are i wouldnt use it :/
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2011-10-30 at 07:48 PM.

Deleted
    Almost three years following this game very closely and no invite as of yet. Don't have my hopes up, but it will surely be fun to find one in my mailbox. No doubt about that. I wish all who have not been invited so far and really want to get in, best of luck. Hope you get one.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I end up in the beta, I'll use my time ingame to decide between the Operative and the Assassin.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

if me or my bro get in the main thing im going to do is work out my IA's appearance and decide if i want it to be a guy or gal once and for all. hoping the character creator will help me make that decision
    and of course play some force wielding classes so i wont want to on launch

10+ Year Old Account
    When I got cata beta, I was really excited at first, but then you get in there and realize that nothing that you do carries over. I knew that going in, ofc. I ended up just using it as a way to check out new character builds. I did not want to risk burning myself out on dungeons before it went live. Glad I didn't because I burnt out on them pretty damned fast once it did go live.

I do not see that being an issue because this is a brand new game. It will all be fresh and I could just do the side that I did not plan on playing. I also just got Mass Effect 2 and DA 2, so I can occupy a good chunk of free time with those 2. Trying LoL as well. My WoW sub ended yesterday and I figure that these games can fill that void just fine.

Get beta, cool. If not, oh well. I did not expect to play it until December anyways.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    I bet I still won't get a beta invite. I've gone two years strong without a beta invite, why stop now?
    dont cry i never got a beta invite and ive been playing mmo's for the last 7 years

If I get one, I just hope that I can download it before the beta is over. Damn my slow internet.

Quote Originally Posted by discopolice View Post
    Play the class u hate and totally do NOT plan to play on launch :O just so u get the feel of the game and some gameplay
    Is what I would do.

So Trooper for me, then!
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

me!!! iwant an invite!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blupparen View Post
    I almost don't want beta anymore. Not because I have lost interest, more because I don't want to be spoiled the story:P
    I agree with this. This close to release, and knowing that I'll get in for early play for having preordered the game, it almost seems pointless to playtest the game right now. Then again... I'm sure I would if they gave me the invite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully will get an invite this time. I would like to try out the character creator more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    And what's the difference between "you learn it now" and "you learn it later, when you are hurrying to level up to catch up with friends"?
    (difference in favour of the second option, that is)
    Well I'm going to play this like a rpg, I will not focus on leveling fast and get into the endgame quickly. I'm just gonna take it slow and see how the story plays out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by discopolice View Post
    Play the class u hate and totally do NOT plan to play on launch :O just so u get the feel of the game and some gameplay
    The danger with this for me is when I get into the story, it's like a drug to me. Especially with Bioware games. I will just end up playing that class that I didn't want to play because the story will keep me hooked, eager for a fix.

I remember playing DA:O when I first got it, I stopped only when I felt I was going to fall asleep drooling on the keyboard.

---------- Post added 2011-10-31 at 04:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    And what's the difference between "you learn it now" and "you learn it later, when you are hurrying to level up to catch up with friends"?
    (difference in favour of the second option, that is)
    Why would you hurry through anything in this game?

This isn't leveling a 6th alt in WoW. This is a story driven MMO with 100% voice over, from Bioware. Rushing through it, hurrying to hit max level would be a crime.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no another beta invite coming up to build my hope up of getting in....only to have them destroyed and burried by no beta invite happening.....ahh well its almost launch coming up....

Plus Skyrim is really close so that should do well enough to tide me over =)

---------- Post added 2011-10-30 at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    If I get one, I just hope that I can download it before the beta is over. Damn my slow internet.
    Oh so true for me too....how big is the DL?

Deleted
    I'm not really interested in the beta testing phase. I'd rather venture into the game world at launch and know very little about what to expect. It'll make things much more enjoyable for me and I intend to take my time exploring and immersing myself in the storyline.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    At this point I have lost all hope of EVER getting a beta invite to anything. If i do not want to test the game then I will get one. "sigh" I hate mah life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Why would you hurry through anything in this game?

This isn't leveling a 6th alt in WoW. This is a story driven MMO with 100% voice over, from Bioware. Rushing through it, hurrying to hit max level would be a crime.
    Well arrest me now cause I will be powering to max level and have zero interest in the story and I'm not particularly fond of voice overs.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shruikah View Post
    Well arrest me now cause I will be powering to max level and have zero interest in the story and I'm not particularly fond of voice overs.
    :flatlines:

While I respect your ability to do that i do not in the slightest understand why you would want to be doing that. I dunno how many other people will be up there with you at max level so fast. ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shruikah View Post
    Mmm why exactly are you playing this game again?

Why subject yourself to a game one of the main selling points of which you don't like, and go through the annoyance of space baring through thousands of lines of speech (that's thousands of space bar presses)?

Sounds kind of weird to me.

I'm not one to turn anyone away from TOR, since it's made by my favorite gaming company, but it sounds like it's not your cup of tea.

Bioware has been known as the game developer that focuses on storytelling and immersion ever since they debuted with Baldur's Gate in 1998. And judging by their latest games and their advertisements of TOR, that philosophy hasn't changed.

If you don't care about the story and want to rush to max level brute-forcing through plot and dialogue, I think you'll find the biggest challenge/chore will be to skip through all the conversations and wait through all the cutscenes.

And you're actually going to pay money for that? Sorry if I'm being annoying, it's just really strange to me.

Normally, when I face a situation like that, I just don't play the game in question.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Mmm why exactly are you playing this game again?
    I think they're the type that's all about the end game.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter