Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'd like a beta invite. Just so that i can confirm my theory that it's going to be crap and not having to spend money on it.
    Though, i was in Rift beta and ended up buying it anyways, hell i even renewed my subscription a while ago... Damn momentarily aberrations. :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I think they're the type that's all about the end game.
    Yes, I got that.

Which is why asked the initial question.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lihamestari View Post
    I'd like a beta invite. Just so that i can confirm my theory that it's going to be crap and not having to spend money on it.
    Though, i was in Rift beta and ended up buying it anyways, hell i even renewed my subscription a while ago... Damn momentarily aberrations. :S
    If you already have the predisposition that it's going to be crap, why waste time with a beta? Why not wait until they allow for trial accounts?
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    All you need to do is a little internet research on the latest beta builds to assure yourself of the opposite.

I've pre-ordered the game long ago and not regretting my decision.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

i was really hoping to get into the beta :\ cuz i would never buy it without trying it first.

Deleted
    A beta invite would be really great to see how ToR is running on my system and where i eventually have to update. Trying out some classes wouldn't hurt either

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    If you already have the predisposition that it's going to be crap, why waste time with a beta? Why not wait until they allow for trial accounts?
    If i got into beta, i could verify it. All that i've seen so far (gameplay videos), seems that it's just WoW in star wars universe with prettier graphics. Can't really be sure unless i play it myself though. As for trial accounts, i'm an impatient person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    :flatlines:

While I respect your ability to do that i do not in the slightest understand why you would want to be doing that. I dunno how many other people will be up there with you at max level so fast. ><
    I will, then again, I wont be avoiding cutscenes nor chats just to reach lvl 50. I prefer effective gameplay over bull-rushing content.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

If i got into beta, i could verify it. All that i've seen so far (gameplay videos), seems that it's just WoW in star wars universe with prettier graphics. Can't really be sure unless i play it myself though. As for trial accounts, i'm an impatient person.
    Except the leveling experience plays more like a kotor game with some mmo elements.

10+ Year Old Account
    After being invited to both beta weekends, I've come to terms with the fact that I won't get an invite to this 'massive' beta invite thing they're doing. And to be honest, that's fine with me. Too much of a good thing can be bad for you.

Good luck to those who have yet to play this game. It truly is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love a beta invite, but I would kindof feel bad getting one before all those folks who have been waiting ages longer haha.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

if i get a beta invite i'm totally rolling a trooper to tide me over til launch

then i'll be rolling sith inquisitor to get all double bladed lightsaber up in some republic ass
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blupparen View Post
    I almost don't want beta anymore. Not because I have lost interest, more because I don't want to be spoiled the story:P
    I agree totally. I made the mistake of starting an Imp Agent in beta and played it to level 20 and I intend my main to be one when the game goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    Is what I would do.

So Trooper for me, then!
    Yeah, going to do heavies (both force and not) too. Would level them on live only if tanking calls.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    I bet I still won't get a beta invite. I've gone two years strong without a beta invite, why stop now?
    Same here lol, still I wouldn't mind even a day of beta testing, just to see the game for myself a little, I will still buy it anyway. Bioware, SW, Kotor and multiplayer... this game sounds just too good to me to be a failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Mmm why exactly are you playing this game again?

Why subject yourself to a game one of the main selling points of which you don't like, and go through the annoyance of space baring through thousands of lines of speech (that's thousands of space bar presses)?

Sounds kind of weird to me.

I'm not one to turn anyone away from TOR, since it's made by my favorite gaming company, but it sounds like it's not your cup of tea.

Bioware has been known as the game developer that focuses on storytelling and immersion ever since they debuted with Baldur's Gate in 1998. And judging by their latest games and their advertisements of TOR, that philosophy hasn't changed.

If you don't care about the story and want to rush to max level brute-forcing through plot and dialogue, I think you'll find the biggest challenge/chore will be to skip through all the conversations and wait through all the cutscenes.

And you're actually going to pay money for that? Sorry if I'm being annoying, it's just really strange to me.

Normally, when I face a situation like that, I just don't play the game in question.
    I'll also be levelling quite fast probably. I'm mostly interested in the gameplay and end-game pve. (maybe pvp if they add some competition to it)
    Also, I don't like BW's storytelling all that much and don't really get the immersion most people are so crazy about, so I'll most likely be skipping all the conversations I can and run dungeons/raids asap
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gurv View Post
    Hmm this is probably the closest to open beta swtor will ever go.
    We're really nearing the release date

IMO this really smell like a PR move, so the game must be in a pretty good state already.
    It was in a good state when I was in the beta over the Labor Day weekend. As you said this will be their "open" beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tuesday is gonna be exciting asuming these huge betas will start this weekend. I certainly hope they will.
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    I'll also be levelling quite fast probably. I'm mostly interested in the gameplay and end-game pve. (maybe pvp if they add some competition to it)
    Also, I don't like BW's storytelling all that much and don't really get the immersion most people are so crazy about, so I'll most likely be skipping all the conversations I can and run dungeons/raids asap
    Can't wait to get into a flashpoint with someone like you and make you wait while I take my time making choices. That extra 90 seconds of cutscenes and voice overs must really ruin your day.

The nerd rage that usually ensues from this warms my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Can't wait to get into a flashpoint with someone like you and make you wait while I take my time making choices. That extra 90 seconds of cutscenes and voice overs must really ruin your day.

The nerd rage that usually ensues from this warms my heart.
    lol. I bet there will be a lot of rage while waiting after everyone does the same flashpoint/operation 5 times or more. Not a lot of patience in these young gamers.