Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Can't wait to get into a flashpoint with someone like you and make you wait while I take my time making choices. That extra 90 seconds of cutscenes and voice overs must really ruin your day.

The nerd rage that usually ensues from this warms my heart.
    I don't mind if other people want to see the cutscenes, and certainly wouldn't rage about it. Although I do think it's a design flaw and conversations should be skippable by everyone individually, since the effect only depends on your own choices. After a few days/weeks, everyone will skip them anyway I suppose
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

It actually might take a long time, the whole roll scenario in the flashpoint cut scenes is kinda neat.

I found myself crossing my fingers because I wanted to hear my characters sarcastic response instead of other group members.

Also, choices in the cut scenes change the way the story plays out, which is pretty cool. It would take a long time to see all the responses from each class. That is surely the idea though so it doesn't get boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    It actually might take a long time, the whole roll scenario in the flashpoint cut scenes is kinda neat.

I found myself crossing my fingers because I wanted to hear my characters sarcastic response instead of other group members.

Also, choices in the cut scenes change the way the story plays out, which is pretty cool. It would take a long time to see all the responses from each class. That is surely the idea though so it doesn't get boring.
    p1 - Everyone take option A it's faster!
    p1 - A
    p2 - A
    p3 - A
    Fred - C
    p1 - OMG Fred Fuck you wtf!
    *Fred was kicked from the group*

You know it'll happen
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to get into a flashpoint with someone like you and make you wait while I take my time making choices. That extra 90 seconds of cutscenes and voice overs must really ruin your day.

There's a special place in hell for griefing like this, love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    p1 - A
    p2 - A
    p3 - A
    Fred - C

You know it'll happen
    <snip> i can't count today....

but really, the lawls i will get from watching trolls troll the other 2 people in the flash-point will be SOOOoooo good.
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Also a heads up on the beta test. Be careful, I had been set on the classes I was rolling on release for almost a year now.

After beta.....I changed my mind. 1 Class is staying the same but 1 totally changed and will get leveled first.

Also if you're wondering how an AC will play without actually choosing it, you can look on trainers for higher level skills and descriptions, just like in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account

I realize this is going to sound incredibly douchey and it isn't something I would normally say, but:

I hope to not interact too much with players who see this game the same as most of us see WoW alt leveling nowadays aka "OMG RUSH TO MAX LEVEL".

If they realize at some point this game is not for them, I'll be all the happier for it.

This breed of "pragmatic" gamers annoys me each time I talk to them. After every phrase they utter, I have an urge to turn into an obnoxious jerk and say something along the lines of: "You should stick to playing Super Mario, man. The plot is nice and mellow there. No need to really follow it."

I realize people have different opinions and all that and to each is own, I just can't help myself.

I have a couple of acquaintances that are that way, and each time there's a plot moment in a game I have to listen to them go on about "when will this boring pansy-ass shit end so we can kill stuff?".

"Suuuuuuuper Maaariooooooo! Gtfo out of the plot-driven game and play Super Mario if you don't like it!"
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-10-31 at 04:27 PM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

The game actually forces you to slow down, chill, and listen to what the person talking to you is saying. Since you HAVE to pick a choice, and the choice effects your character it switches your gears a little bit.

I got to see this firsthand when my wife sat down to play. Usually a hardcore gamer who races through content at a torrent pace, she had to sit through the cutscenes and voice acting and make choices.

During the first multi-part cutscene she looks at me and says "This is gay, do all the quests take this long to get and go through?"

I told her to give it a chance and take a look at the responses you can give to the questions.

Within 15 minutes, she was enjoying picking her responses and laughing at the outcome and was truly entertained that you could:

a. Rescue Jimmy and bring him back to his family

or

b. Kill Jimmy for being weak and tell his family he was dead when you found him

I think the game truly has the potential to turn folks toward enjoyment of story telling.

Stay off the forums if you just want to post things like that.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-31 at 05:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the game truly has the potential to turn folks toward enjoyment of story telling.
    Some, maybe.

If they have someone like you who they trust telling them to not give up right away.

But you have to remember most gamers are fickle and impatient people (me included, I for example can't stand puzzles and don't like modern FPS games), and many will drop the game after 1 hour and go on every forum to trash it because it didn't cater to their every expectation.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    For people that hope to get into that, its gonna crash, a lot... I know people are gonna cry when that happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    p1 - A
    p2 - A
    p3 - A
    Fred - C

You know it'll happen
    Im not sure, but I think I read somwhere that flashpoint cutscenes are alot faster and concise than the ones u f.ex. get in your personal story
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

They are much faster, and extremely entertaining, the group dynamic with response is really good imo.

If I do get in, I'll most likely play a character / faction I have no intention of playing on live, just so that I don't spoil the story.

IE: I eventually want to play a Jedi Knight full light side, so I'll probably play an Imperial Agent to save myself major leveling spoilers, just to test the game, experience a few things, plan a few things out.

They are much faster, and extremely entertaining, the group dynamic with response is really good imo.
    I agree - it is really impressive that the game retains its immersion even when you are grouped up, and I find it to be ridiculous fun to win the conversation random (makes me happier than winning random on gear =p )

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping to get into beta so I can write the game off as garbage before actually paying for it.

>.>

Of course there is a slight chance that I'll actually love it, and that works too.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    If I do get in, I'll most likely play a character / faction I have no intention of playing on live, just so that I don't spoil the story.

IE: I eventually want to play a Jedi Knight full light side, so I'll probably play an Imperial Agent to save myself major leveling spoilers, just to test the game, experience a few things, plan a few things out.
    Ya know, that was my plan too - I always play ranged (DPS or healer - but always a ranged type), and I'm going Republic. So for Beta I went melee DPS, Empire. I'm still not a huge fan of physical melee, but if I don't finish off this toon's story in Beta, I'm rolling her back up as an alt when the game goes live.

10+ Year Old Account
    I"ll probably have a breakdown if I just get a weekend invite. I want to test trooper animations and vanguard gameplay (will I like shooting things at point blank range animation wise), and test out Jedi Shadow combat. The chances of me getting two classes to 11+...not sure of that in a weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    I'm hoping to get into beta so I can write the game off as garbage before actually paying for it.
    Why are people so determined for everything except WoW to be crap?

Even when I got bored with Rift and dropped the game, I never referred to it as garbage, it was a decent game, just not my cup of tea. And I left it w/o any hard feelings. Never trashed it on mmo-c or any other place on the interwebs.

I see people posting all the time saying "I'm pretty sure this game is shit, just need to double check." Are you actually hoping for other MMOs to fail? Do you see Blizzard dominance as a good thing?

Business (any business) 101 is "the less real competition - the worse the quality of the product".

Blizzard has been sitting on its ass for too long, they need some motivation to stop doing the bare minimum required to keep people playing their game(s). They need some passion back, and if it's from the appearance of competition, that's fine by me.

Moreover, I can't understand how people, with all of the amazing info available on TOR, keep saying they expect it to be bad. I have yet to see any negative features that are important enough to have me worried.

Sure, there may be problems in the future, but I prefer to give the developers the benefit of the doubt before I condemn them w/o even seeing the product.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-10-31 at 06:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    snip.
    I played in beta. And in a totally unrelated matter I want to say Im a very happy person.
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~