Question Help choosing Computer Upgrades

Current Build
    CPU : intel i5 2500k
    Heat Sync : COOLER MASTER Hyper 212
    Motherboard : Asus P8P67 Deluxe
    RAM : Corsair 1600 DDR3 8GB
    PSU : 600W (forget brand)
    Graphics Card : GeForce GTX 460 EVGA
    Case : RAID MAX ATX-612 (Older version Almost Identical)
    HDD : Seagate Barracuda 7200

I am trying to get a little more bang out of my system. Any ideas for better bang for bucks / just better performance overall would be great to know.
    Possible Upgrades: Could there be better choices for performance?
    RAM : G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 200$ Price Range
    Case : COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition 200$ Price Range
    PSU : CORSAIR Professional Series 850W
    GPU: ? 480? 400-600$ Price Range

Main thing to upgrade would be the graphics card... I'd recommend the Gtx 580 Lightning, or the 3gb version if you can afford it.
    If the psu is a bad brand then you might consider upgrading that too... corsair/seasonic/antec/xfx/pc-power-and-cooling/ocz/enermax are all good brands.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlymage View Post
    Definitely the lightning, it has much better cooling.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You're missing two items. Current generation graphics card and SSD. Both will give huge performance boost but on different things.

3GB MSI Lightning is currently the best single GPU card on the planet. Not only because of cooling, but it has totally redesigned power management which allows nearly doubling of the core speed with LN cooling (and still best overclocking currently available with water or stock cooler).
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2011-10-30 at 11:12 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) or CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

The corsair says "Only qualified 1.5V XMP RAM on Intel Core i3/i5/i7" Which i really have no idea what that means.

Deleted
    Not sure which applications you're running to think you need 16GB of RAM. It's overkill for all I know.

To be honest I would get this instead, the ram upgrade is unnecessary.

GPU: EVGA GTX 570
    CPU cooler: NH-D14 only if you want to overclock your i5 further(like 4.6GHz+)
    Case: personal preference
    SSD: Crucial M4 64GB or 128GB
    HDD: due to the floods in Taiwan the hard drive prices are outrageous I wouldn't recommend buying one now.
    PSU: the one you linked

This is more than enough to run all the games out there if you aren't playing on a crazy resolution. If you don't have a SSD it will greatly increase your boot time and loading times. For your OS and most used programs/games.
    Last edited by aisatsana; 2011-11-01 at 02:47 AM.

I am a HUGE multitask-er and right now only have 8gb and max that very frequently. On a side note I did buy a SSD but it caused issues with my system and I could not pinpoint the problem until a while down the road where it was too late to return it.
    And if you were to go for better cpu cooling it would just probably be better to go to water cooling.
    You think the GTX 570 will hold its own in the games to come like D3 and Swtor at max settings?

I am a HUGE multitask-er and right now only have 8gb and max that very frequently. On a side note I did buy a SSD but it caused issues with my system and I could not pinpoint the problem until a while down the road where it was too late to return it.
    And if you were to go for better cpu cooling it would just probably be better to go to water cooling.
    You think the GTX 570 will hold its own in the games to come like D3 and Swtor at max settings?
    Water cooling setups run hundreds of bucks and require regular maintenance... a good air cooler like the nh-d14 is much easier to use and cheaper.. and still allows beastly overclocks.

Deleted
    I am a HUGE multitask-er and right now only have 8gb and max that very frequently.
    Should have gone with i7-26-2700k then
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2011-12-14 at 09:56 AM.

You won't even need a 570 for D3 and SWTOR, you would be more than alright with a 560 Ti but I would recommend a 570.
    Watercooling costs hundreds of dollars and are require alot of maintenance, while the D14 can achieve amazing overclocks without any maintenance and it's much cheaper. And you don't really need water cooling with Sandybridge too be honest.

About to get all the upgrades :
    RAM : G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 200$ Price Range
    PSU : CORSAIR Professional Series 850W
    GPU: ? 480? 400-600$ Price Range
    Still unsure on the better Graphics card. I know im going with the GTX 580 but whats the best? Excluding the water cooled.