Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    play DA2 first otherwise if you play it after Origins you'll be disappointed by it. it's not a bad game as such, but compared to Origins it really is
    That's very subjective advise.

I enjoyed both games (DA2, even though it had its flaws) and I believe a person should start with the first part.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Orgins. Don't even play DA2.

10+ Year Old Account
    DA 2 if you want more interesting combat, Origins if you want a better story.

I hate both though so, meh...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    No contest. Origins first. It's light years better than DA2.

The two games shouldn't even be considered in the same series.

Origins in a classic RPG with an excellent story, good characters, lackluster combat and a lot of world to explore and learn about.

Dragon Age 2 is a mediocre hack-and-slash with bad story tacked on.

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    That's very subjective advise
    well yes, of course. but it is my advice with my explanation as to why. everyone's advice is going to be based on their own opinion

Deleted
    Origans is great, personaly i prefure it, but I will be honest the two games don't intertwine as well as you would think so you're not actualy loosing out not playing the original. If your stuck for cash you could play the 2nd one and then go with the idea of orginals being a 'prequal' mindset, I do that when i've only got the 2nd one to play and i'm broke.

Having said that you can get a great Dragon Age Origins pack that includes all the DLC & the Expansion called the "ultimate edition" it has all the DLC + Expansion on the disc too! so no big downloads.

DAO was better imo but only from a story point of view. I liked the combat better in DA2 but the overall story was lacking and the environments were repetitive and had next to no interaction at all. Still, DA2 is the prequel from the next DA so you might want to get to know/set up your future with Hawke if you plan on playing 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Origins is clearly the better game
    To be honest, I think DA2 is the better out of the 2 games.

DA:O's story is presented better but it boils down to hero+companion is on a crusade vs some evil force while DA2 story is more about politics though it's somewhat hidden. And while it's easier to converse/interact with your companions in DA:O, the companion quests in DA2 have a more depth.

My only "problem" with DA2 is the same 6 places you keep visiting over and over again, but apart from that I have no real complaints about DA2.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

I love both games but I did like DA:O better than DA2.

Though the combat system is by leaps and bounds way better in DA2 compared to DA:O.

I liked DA:O better because of the story, longer game, more side quests, and more interaction with your companions.

My first playthrough on DA:O I spent almost 40 hours. My first playthrough on DA2 was like 18 hours, and that's doing every side-quest in DA2, where as in DA:O, i didn't even do all the side quests and it came out to 40 hours. Of course now if I were to rush playthrough both games, I can do DA:O in about 20 hours, DA2 in maybe 5-9 hours.

Though I LOVE the combat system in DA2, I think I said that =P. Especially the rogue playstyle.

I say play both games, first do DA:O then DA2 =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    To be honest, I think DA2 is the better out of the 2 games.

DA:O's story is presented better but it boils down to hero+companion is on a crusade vs some evil force while DA2 story is more about politics though it's somewhat hidden. And while it's easier to converse/interact with your companions in DA:O, the companion quests in DA2 have a more depth.

My only "problem" with DA2 is the same 6 places you keep visiting over and over again, but apart from that I have no real complaints about DA2.
    I feel mostly the same about DA2.

I find both games to have an equally good story though. One is just the more classic fantasy setting, and one is more the individual story of a man thrown into events he never asked to be involved in and making the best of it. The main focus being blood magic, chantry vs mages, politics and intrigue.

I don't think any of the plots is better, just different, same with the games themselves, the only drawback being what you mentioned about the recycles tilesets.

Otherwise, I enjoyed both games equally. Although before actually playing DA2, I was pissed at the "defined character" thing, expecting it to be horrible and a carbon copy of ME. Fortunately, I didn't feel that way once I got to play the game.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing DA2 before origins is not even remotely relatable to playing ME2 before ME1.

Origins sets the atmosphere and establishes the fantasy world, the most notable points being the position mages are at and what the hell are darkspawn.
    However from the adventure point of view they are so vaguely related that you wouldnt even know unless you played Origins. DA:O is a much more old-school rpg with very memorable characters with just the right balance of adventure and story. DA2 feels more like a fun hack and slash with RPG elements.
    Last edited by Linaver; 2011-10-31 at 06:36 PM.