Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

---UNCOMFIRMED--- Nvidia prepearing to ship 560s with 448 cores.

Just tought i would share this with the community.

Direct quote from: http://www.guru3d.com/news/nvidia-ge...48-cuda-cores/
    Article/post was written 26th October.

Read the first 6 first words carefully please.

''Word out on the cyber street is that NVIDIA reportedly is preparing to ship the GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Core), a new card that uses the GF110 GPU instead of the GF114 from the original GeForce GTX 560 Ti.

The card is basically a GeForce GTX 570 with 1 SM disabled, and likely lower clockspeeds.

Unlike the GTX 560 Ti, which is based on a fully enabled GF114 die, the GTX 560 Ti (448 Core) will be based on the GF110 die. In essence, it is GTX 570 with 1 SM disabled, and likely underclocked. It features 14 active SMs, which include 448 SP / CUDA Cores and 56 TMUs; 320-bit memory and 40 ROPs - a very similar configuration to the old GTX 470. Along with increased performance, power consumption is expected to rise over the 384 SP GTX 560 Ti. A benefit to using GF110 means the revised 560 Ti will feature 2 x SLI connectors, enabling 3-way SLI. In terms of display outputs, DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort are included. Visually, the reference GTX 560 Ti (448) is expected to look identical to the reference GTX 570.

The revised GTX 560 Ti is expected to compete with overclocked SKUs of the HD 6950 2GB, and fill in the gap between HD 6950 2GB (~$280) and GTX 570/HD 6970 (~$340). Priced right, the GTX 560 Ti (448) could be an enticing option until the next-gen GPUs hit.

Guess this new model is designed to boost holiday season sales as the next-gen GPUs aren't expected until Q1 2012, or even later if you don't want to pay top buck.''

Discuss
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

I feel mad about having bought a 560 ti 2 weeks before this announcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just bought one last week. Damn.

Old news =/ But interesting, nonetheless. The rumor mill's been rather dull, lately.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ooooh, this is interesting. Kind of sucks I bought a 560 Ti back in June. x_x Though I really do wonder, mine says it is based on GF110.... =X However it has the 384 cores.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Ooooh, this is interesting. Kind of sucks I bought a 560 Ti back in June. x_x Though I really do wonder, mine says it is based on GF110.... =X However it has the 384 cores.
    Interesting. What manufacturer is your GTX560 Ti? As far as I understand, all GTX560 Ti cards in production currently are GF114-based... Maybe it's being read wrong? Or does it say that on the box? =V

10+ Year Old Account
    F@H says that about it. It's the GTX 560 MSI Twin Frozr II.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    I just bought one on Friday>_>

10+ Year Old Account
    "Old" 560Ti still has its value being the energy efficient GF114. I really hope they name this one something different or hell will break loose when someone tries to SLI the old 560Ti with the new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    "Old" 560Ti still has its value being the energy efficient GF114. I really hope they name this one something different or hell will break loose when someone tries to SLI the old 560Ti with the new one.
    Yeah this is a good point... maybe they should name it the 560 Extreme, GTS 570, or idk.... anyone got any good name ideas? ;p

GTX 565.

Original.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    Old news =/ But interesting, nonetheless. The rumor mill's been rather dull, lately.
    Old news ?!! Hows this old, its not even confirmed and most tech site started to talk about this earlier this week.

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    Old news ?!! Hows this old, its not even confirmed and most tech site started to talk about this earlier this week.
    I read about it about a week and a half on OCN =V

Deleted
    All i know is sticking to my "replace only with nvidia x80 sli" is working out rather well. I was sad to see them using the Ti as a marketing gymic.. i have fond memories of my Geforce 4 Ti

If it is being shipped as an underclocked 570 (in essence), how likely is it that you can just "undo" the underclock by overclocking? Also is there any word on how long it wil be until you can buy these? I might well put my new pc off for this.

Misleading title. It's 560 Ti's. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    I read about it 2~ weeks ago. But I agree. It's old news.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If it is being shipped as an underclocked 570 (in essence), how likely is it that you can just "undo" the underclock by overclocking? Also is there any word on how long it wil be until you can buy these? I might well put my new pc off for this.
    More like a 470 in essence when it comes to number of shader clusters. 570 has more.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, maybe I'll have to take a look at this instead of a 6950 2gig variety.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

This is unconfirmed but there are rumors of a Nov 29th release. It was from a site that broke the NDA and people caught a glimpse before it was shut down.
    Last edited by steelblue; 2011-11-09 at 07:29 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guess it makes sense considering I just payed $189.99 for my 560 Ti, bout to buy another for the same price. Guess manufacturers are clearing house in preparation. TBH tho, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...0737&Tpk=560ti will blow the new 560's out of the water considering there are two cores on this card and its SLI CAPABLE! I can't justify that price tag though considering for $749 you can get a 590.
    "Quit rolling your fat, greasy, cheetos grubbing fingers all over the keyboard!" - Random Burning Crusade Raider circa 2007
    "...tinkering with hardware...more or less electric LEGO for masochists." - Partial quote from Joel Johnson of Kotaku.com
    1/11/06 N/A Ten Day Guest Pass Expired = Vanilla Veteran Proof! (Haters still gonna hate)
    Never forget, that you were warned about the Mists of Pandaria. YOU were WARNED! (10/21/11)

Anyone who compares a dual-GPU card to a single-GPU card built from the same basic setup as the dual-GPU card needs to be beat with a hose.

I'm looking forward to this new GTX560 if only for a real good price/performance/watt Folding card. Though I still think GTX460s have it beat on overall efficiency.
    Super casual.