Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    In this interview God... I mean.. Colin... confirms it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGfBY...layer_embedded
    English skills, people. He said that if your profession can use a weapon, and you're a high enough level for that particular weapon you can use it. It doesn't mean that you can only start using some weapons at a certain level, but individual pieces of gear have individual level requirements (just like raid gear can only be wielded by max level characters). There is no 'training' restriction, if you get a lvl 10 sword, you need to be lvl 10 to use it.

    It's not rocket science.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by GrodinLB View Post
    English skills, people. He said that if your profession can use a weapon, and you're a high enough level for that particular weapon you can use it. It doesn't mean that you can only start using some weapons at a certain level, but individual pieces of gear have individual level requirements (just like raid gear can only be wielded by max level characters). There is no 'training' restriction, if you get a lvl 10 sword, you need to be lvl 10 to use it.

    It's not rocket science.
    Nope, you're wrong. Suggest you check out the following thread over at GW2Guru as it has video evidence of it.

    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...w2-t23346.html

    I've also played the demo myself several times and can confirm you get a message saying you need to be a certain level when equipping some weapon types even if you meet the level requirement for the specific item.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    people on forums so quickly forget that they are not the majority of the gaming populations. alot of people on forums are very vocal and are usually above average gamers, so it's easy to assume that everyone who plays the game would have the same aptitude as they would. but the reality is alot of the gaming population are new to gaming as a whole let alone MMOs, so ANet have decided not to overwhelm them by giving them too much too soon. also, as others have mentioned, it gives leveling a purpose and a sense of character progression.

    a game without goals can get mad boring mad quick, so i personally like the idea; it gives me something to look forward to as i level.
    Nice assumption there buddy!

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    Nice assumption there buddy!
    even better retort!
    Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!!!

    Guild Wars 2: Odeezee (Necromancer) || TERA: Odeezee (Archer-Ret) || SWTOR: Odeezee (Sith Inquisitor-Ret/Jedi Sage-Ret) || GW: Odeezee Fosho (Elementalist-Ret)
    Aion: Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret), ODZ (Spirit Master-Ret) || War
    : Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret) || AoC: Odeezee (Demonologist-Ret) || WoW: Odeezee (Druid-Ret), Thaone (Mage-Ret)

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    even better retort!
    I love how you're centering out most of the people on the forums. It seems like your no different then what you stated the rest of us are. We know that MMO's these days are made for casual players as well as the hardcore players, just because we do not agree with something does not mean we think we should always get our way. I don't like it, cool, I will eventually forget about it in an hour or so.

    P.S. Please, use capital letters at the starting of every sentence, thanks.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    I love how you're centering out most of the people on the forums. It seems like your no different then what you stated the rest of us are. We know that MMO's these days are made for casual players as well as the hardcore players, just because we do not agree with something does not mean we think we should always get our way. I don't like it, cool, I will eventually forget about it in an hour or so.

    P.S. Please, use capital letters at the starting of every sentence, thanks.
    Nice correcting someone's english when you do elementary mistakes yourself.

    Get a mod to close this, there's no discussion anymore.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerken View Post
    Nice correcting someone's english when you do elementary mistakes yourself.

    Get a mod to close this, there's no discussion anymore.
    Glad you pointed that out. You're*

    I am not English myself, as I studied French all my life.

    You do have a point though. This discussion is over(Between the two of us), but there are far more useless threads out there, this was simply an opinion related thread that seems like it got out of hand quickly. I can admit I am a hypocrite at times.

    One last thing, it would be "someones" not "someone's"(Relax, I'm just trolling)
    Last edited by TheAmazingFeedz; 2011-10-31 at 03:37 PM.

  8. #28
    Scarab Lord Trollsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,484
    Please don't stab at eachother, especially with grammar police stuff. And quit telling us when to close a thread. Just because you have said your piece, and someone didn't agree, does not mean a thread is dead. If you think the thread is done, don't post in it anymore. We might agree with you, but it's still not your call. =)

    My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

  9. #29
    This seems to happen at every attempt to get a horrible thread closed... Threads that actually have some discussion going gets closed because of weird reason that actually make no sense.

    Trollsbane, sorry, I know you are trying, but from what I've seen you are doing a horrible job. Just my opinion... Is this discussion?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Please don't stab at eachother, especially with grammar police stuff. And quit telling us when to close a thread. Just because you have said your piece, and someone didn't agree, does not mean a thread is dead. If you think the thread is done, don't post in it anymore. We might agree with you, but it's still not your call. =)
    Thanks, but this was an opinion related thread, so I can't see why it could possibly be dead, as it seems you do agree with Daerken. Thanks anyways for the reply, though.

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-31 at 03:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Daerken View Post
    This seems to happen at every attempt to get a horrible thread closed... Threads that actually have some discussion going gets closed because of weird reason that actually make no sense.

    Trollsbane, sorry, I know you are trying, but from what I've seen you are doing a horrible job. Just my opinion... Is this discussion?
    Define a "horrible" thread. Please do. Just because a thread is different than others and others have different opinions on the subject, does not make it a "horrible" thread. Your reply to me and the moderator seems to be invalid because you do not back up your opinion for why you think this is a bad thread.

    Opinion based threads are not against the rule book(If there is one). Also, a thread on asking others for there opinion can be informational, if you didn't know that.
    Last edited by TheAmazingFeedz; 2011-10-31 at 03:46 PM.

  11. #31
    Scarab Lord Trollsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,484
    If I agreed with him on this case, this thread would be closed.

    Daerken, use PMs if you want to discuss my moderation, or talk to Sunshine or Bibi. The thread is not a proper place for it, even if it is just your opinion.

    As for this thread, there's no need for discussion on how horrible this, or other threads are. None of that talk has anything to do with the OP, and will earn results you probably don't want.

    Get back on topic please.

    My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

  12. #32
    I have no problems with this. Gives me something else to look forward to while leveling. Extrinsic motivation to keep going, if you will.

  13. #33
    If it's true, somewhat bothersome and IMO a bit counterintuitive to their design philosophy. By no means gamebreaking though, I probably wouldn't even notice if it wasn't for the fact that I want to learn all skills ASAP using HoM rewards.

  14. #34
    Herald of the Titans Ynna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerken View Post
    What I do think is that people are looking into the game and planning waaaay too much. Already knowing exactly what weapon sets and skills they will be using is quite weird. Then some people say that this weapon restriction removes the exploring part of weapon sets, but you've already decided exactly what you want. So why do you even care?

    I will be going into GW2 knowing the systems, but not the specifics. I encourage more people to do so since it will provide a bigger gameplay experience since most of the things will be very new.
    Why is it weird? It's just a different way of enjoying the anticipation for the game.

    Thinking about this further it might actually be a good way of handling things, because each weapons having different skills. It forces people to learn all their skills and actually allows for more experimentation, since you might be using weapons you otherwise wouldn't have tried.
    Retired Holy Priest
    As a rule, I try to act on the internet as I would in real life. If I have offended you, feel free to point it out. Unless I meant to offend you, I will probably apologize.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    I love how you're centering out most of the people on the forums. It seems like your no different then what you stated the rest of us are. We know that MMO's these days are made for casual players as well as the hardcore players, just because we do not agree with something does not mean we think we should always get our way. I don't like it, cool, I will eventually forget about it in an hour or so.

    P.S. Please, use capital letters at the starting of every sentence, thanks.
    it's so sad that you typed out all of that yet completely missed the essence of what i was saying. your quote above has nothing to do with what i said, which is that ANet is catering not only to new players/gamers but also to veterans; new players are not overwhelmed and new players and veteran gamers also have something to work towards, you know...progression.

    i will type however i feel. this is not a dissertation and capitalizing is not necessary at all on gaming forums.
    Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!!!

    Guild Wars 2: Odeezee (Necromancer) || TERA: Odeezee (Archer-Ret) || SWTOR: Odeezee (Sith Inquisitor-Ret/Jedi Sage-Ret) || GW: Odeezee Fosho (Elementalist-Ret)
    Aion: Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret), ODZ (Spirit Master-Ret) || War
    : Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret) || AoC: Odeezee (Demonologist-Ret) || WoW: Odeezee (Druid-Ret), Thaone (Mage-Ret)

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    it's so sad that you typed out all of that yet completely missed the essence of what i was saying. your quote above has nothing to do with what i said, which is that ANet is catering not only to new players/gamers but also to veterans; new players are not overwhelmed and new players and veteran gamers also have something to work towards, you know...progression.

    i will type however i feel. this is not a dissertation and capitalizing is not necessary at all on gaming forums.
    Yeah, sorry. I just realized that, I should of read your whole post, not just half of it. Anyways, you're right, it's none of my business how others should type. Sorry for my lack of understanding and let's get back on topic with the thread.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

  17. #37
    I'm not a fan of the level restrictions (well, levels in general). I actually liked how it was in Guild Wars. There were attribute limitations on the weapons there but you could still use the weapon, just not as effective, if you didn't have the required attributes for it.

  18. #38
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    If I agreed with him on this case, this thread would be closed.

    Daerken, use PMs if you want to discuss my moderation, or talk to Sunshine or Bibi. The thread is not a proper place for it, even if it is just your opinion.

    As for this thread, there's no need for discussion on how horrible this, or other threads are. None of that talk has anything to do with the OP, and will earn results you probably don't want.

    Get back on topic please.
    Dude... these guys need to get off your tip, you're doing fine.

    But if you couldn't tell before, I'm for these restrictions. Gives a real sense of character progression.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  19. #39
    Herald of the Titans Eorayn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,957
    I wouldn't call this an issue. 10 or 20 levels without a weapon type? Don't care.

    It makes you look forward to the higher levels, so I actually think it's a good thing.

  20. #40
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Eh i don't think it'll be a big deal, it'll also "force" me to actually try and level up each weapon so when i get bored of one at 80 i can swap it out and not end up spending time grinding it =D!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •