Inner fire Vs inner will for Archangel/atonement disc pve healing

As the title suggests, what would be better over all to use as "smite" speced disc priest. Since im just spamming smite/holy fire, i dont know if more healing or w.e would be better :[ thx for halp <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't inner will just make instant heals cheaper, how does this help smite healing?

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

I was told Inner will was the way to go for shielding/PoM
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Inner Fire for the increase in SP. Can't miss out on that.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by icegoddess View Post
    As the title suggests, what would be better over all to use as "smite" speced disc priest. Since im just spamming smite/holy fire, i dont know if more healing or w.e would be better :[ thx for halp <3
    In general, Inner Fire is better for the extra Spell Power...but why on Azeroth are you just spamming Smite/Holy Fire? Atonement is an integral part of that healing style, but it should be woven in with your direct heals. Spamming is bad, mmkay?

Quote Originally Posted by HDPriest View Post
    In general, Inner Fire is better for the extra Spell Power...but why on Azeroth are you just spamming Smite/Holy Fire? Atonement is an integral part of that healing style, but it should be woven in with your direct heals. Spamming is bad, mmkay?
    Heroic Domo? Overpowering a 5 man?
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

OK, in a (very) few select circumstances...maybe..but stating in general that that's what an Atonement Priest does is both wrong and a bit misleading for those trying to learn. Which is the audience I was assuming when someone's asking which Inner Armor they should be using.

well of course im not just spamming smite and holy fire and nothing else, i throw pom on cd and penance off cd unless people are topped, use prayer of healing etc... but it seems like im not using as many instant casts as i do in pvp etc...

Quote Originally Posted by icegoddess View Post
    well of course im not just spamming smite and holy fire and nothing else, i throw pom on cd and penance off cd unless people are topped, use prayer of healing etc... but it seems like im not using as many instant casts as i do in pvp etc...
    I usually give the benefit of the doubt to people that they are not complete idiots. But as HDPriest stated, there are those out there that just smite away, and wonder why wipes happen.

And yes, Inner Fire should be used 99% of the time in PVE due to, as I stated before, the increase in your spell power. They only time you should use Inner Will is when you need to run faster, or need to Spam Shield/Renew (bad Idea anyways due to the high mana cost even with IW up.)
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Ya, I never meant to imply that anyone was an idiot~just had a bit of personal experience clouding the way I read it. I did a PuG ZA last week and had a Huntard complain that I "wasn't doing enough DPS...isn't that how you heal?" Even though I'd kept his brilliant behind alive through all sorts of nonsense (ie: He also complained that I Lifegripped him out of the Juggernaut's Earthquake...apparently I messed him up...) And not a month ago a friend of mine decided to roll a Priest and was leveling Disc and asked me how come she couldn't do more DPS than the tank~she kept having to "break to throw the other, boring heals." So yeah, I do apologize if I read that part of your post and reacted with shock that yet someone else thought that's what we did.